Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWEL-D 11 Predictions (And RaCka interview)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWEL-D 11 Predictions (And RaCka interview)

With qualifying coming to a close for season 11, here are my current power rankings on TWEL

1. LaSenza - The only 2x TWEL-D Champion in the zone and the returning champion, it's hard to put anybody ahead of him when it comes to TWEL-D. With the addition of resolution limits, I believe he's less dangerous but still deserving of the top spot. He's managed to go undefeated in qualifying but he'll have to do the same thing against top competition in the playoffs to repeat and grab his unprecedented 3rd TWEL title.

2. RaCka - Still the best punisher in the zone and he brings that with him to 1v1 dueling. A master of angles, ship control and forcing opponents to play his game, dueling RaCka in 1v1 is one of the most difficult things to do in the zone. If you let him control the pace of the duel and allow him to get an early lead, he will steamroll whoever is unlucky enough to draw him as an opponent. A LaSenza vs RaCka TWEL matchup is something the entire zone has been dying to see.. so I got a quick interview with him to ask him some tough questions:

:racka:King RaCka.. would you be willing to give an interview for TWEL-D Season 11.. the fans want to know how you feel with playoffs looming in march 2015
    (RaCka)>LOOOOL
    (RaCka)>Of course man )~)~~
    :RaCka:thanks im truly honored big guy.. according to my thread here, lasenza is the #1 player to beat in TWEL-D.. how do you feel about this?
    :RaCka:hes a 2x champion..
    (RaCka)>LOOOOOL
    (RaCka)>man..
    (RaCka)>ok ill answer
    :RaCka:great
    (RaCka)>im 2-0 all time in 1v1 against lasenza hes not a threat to me at all
    :RaCka:lol whoa, 2-0 all time and i know you guys seem to have some trench wars beef, what would the score be if both of you giants entered the octagon in the TWEL-D playoffs..
    (RaCka)>LOOOLLLLLLL
    (RaCka)>this is good
    (RaCka)>the most i could see him getting is 6 or 7 vs me in a twel-d setting
    :RaCka:very bold words
    :RaCka:so it seems you feel you are the #1 player to beat.. what do you think about vys possibly entering the ring
    :RaCka:the self declared top warbird of all time
    :RaCka:you 2 have had some epic clashes in the past thats for sure
    (RaCka)>LOL
    (RaCka)>man vys is a good 1v1 player but i think the only person i have to worry about in a twel-d setting right now is mythril ~
    :RaCka:lol wow im honored to hear that, thats all i need to hear man thanks for sharing your feelings with the community
    :RaCka:good luck in twel-d and any other league you decide to play
    (RaCka)>LOL np man thanks for the interview )~

3. Mythril - Former champion, I feel like inactivity and overall decline has taken away from my 1v1 abilities but I can still contend for the title if I play smart enough. My greatest strengths are still being able to play all styles in any situation and my patience/positioning. Will be fun to play against these new blood goliaths of TW.

4. Iron Survivor - Laggy, aggressive, and smart with his range. He picks people apart from r2 and reminds people that he would even be a threat even without his incredible lag. The former TWEL-D Finalist is one of the favorites to claim the title.

5. Star Fox - Might be a surprise to see Star Fox at #5 but he's improved dramatically since making the TWEL Finals just 2 seasons ago. Very smart player who understands 1v1 dueling and will give any of the top duelers a tough match. Sleeper to win it all.

6. Flew - One of the most underrated duelers in the zone. He plays a long range safe style yet gets most of his kills from r1 chase downs. He went deep in the tournament last year and almost made it to the finals before running out of gas after being up 4-0 against Vash.

7. snsd sooyoung - Does anyone even know who this guy is? An underrated talent and former League of Legends Challenger who is shifting his asian brain power towards TWEL-D Playoffs. He's taken out some big names in quailfying, but I feel lack of experience in the big duels during crunch time when duels slow down will be his biggest challenge.

8. Collossus - The most active dueler in TWEL-D this season, putting up a ridiculous 87-4 record to enter the Playoffs. Many people will look at quality of opponent but it takes skill and high 1v1 IQ to win at that kind of clip. It's also allowed him to create his 1v1 dueling style, which half the competitors haven't done yet.

9. Siaxis - Apparently no longer plays on 800x600 resolution after getting a desktop. His floating style is annoying against everyone, but especially in 1v1. I can see him wearing people out, similar to how beam does and going far into the tournament.

10. 2pacZ - The biggest trash talker in the zone, he's shown that on any given night he can beat literally anybody in the zone. Chase down ability is a huge asset to have in 1v1 warbird dueling and it happens to be his biggest strength. He ruined LaSenza's ridiculous winning streak back in the day and has beaten several other top competitors during qualifying alone.

Other notable names entering the tourny: Welt, Tripin, Jessup, J-B-Inc, GunJah, any of these players could have been in the top 10, it was really difficult to pick which players to highlight.
    PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
    ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Originally posted by Mythril View Post
    With qualifying coming to a close for season 11, here are my current power rankings on TWEL

1. LaSenza - The only 2x TWEL-D Champion in the zone and the returning champion, it's hard to put anybody ahead of him when it comes to TWEL-D. With the addition of resolution limits, I believe he's less dangerous but still deserving of the top spot. He's managed to go undefeated in qualifying but he'll have to do the same thing against top competition in the playoffs to repeat and grab his unprecedented 3rd TWEL title.

2. RaCka - Still the best punisher in the zone and he brings that with him to 1v1 dueling. A master of angles, ship control and forcing opponents to play his game, dueling RaCka in 1v1 is one of the most difficult things to do in the zone. If you let him control the pace of the duel and allow him to get an early lead, he will steamroll whoever is unlucky enough to draw him as an opponent. A LaSenza vs RaCka TWEL matchup is something the entire zone has been dying to see.. so I got a quick interview with him to ask him some tough questions:

:racka:King RaCka.. would you be willing to give an interview for TWEL-D Season 11.. the fans want to know how you feel with playoffs looming in march 2015
    (RaCka)>LOOOOL
    (RaCka)>Of course man )~)~~
    :RaCka:thanks im truly honored big guy.. according to my thread here, lasenza is the #1 player to beat in TWEL-D.. how do you feel about this?
    :RaCka:hes a 2x champion..
    (RaCka)>LOOOOOL
    (RaCka)>man..
    (RaCka)>ok ill answer
    :RaCka:great
    (RaCka)>im 2-0 all time in 1v1 against lasenza hes not a threat to me at all
    :RaCka:lol whoa, 2-0 all time and i know you guys seem to have some trench wars beef, what would the score be if both of you giants entered the octagon in the TWEL-D playoffs..
    (RaCka)>LOOOLLLLLLL
    (RaCka)>this is good
    (RaCka)>the most i could see him getting is 6 or 7 vs me in a twel-d setting
    :RaCka:very bold words
    :RaCka:so it seems you feel you are the #1 player to beat.. what do you think about vys possibly entering the ring
    :RaCka:the self declared top warbird of all time
    :RaCka:you 2 have had some epic clashes in the past thats for sure
    (RaCka)>LOL
    (RaCka)>man vys is a good 1v1 player but i think the only person i have to worry about in a twel-d setting right now is mythril ~
    :RaCka:lol wow im honored to hear that, thats all i need to hear man thanks for sharing your feelings with the community
    :RaCka:good luck in twel-d and any other league you decide to play
    (RaCka)>LOL np man thanks for the interview )~

3. Mythril - Former champion, I feel like inactivity and overall decline has taken away from my 1v1 abilities but I can still contend for the title if I play smart enough. My greatest strengths are still being able to play all styles in any situation and my patience/positioning. Will be fun to play against these new blood goliaths of TW.

4. Iron Survivor - Laggy, aggressive, and smart with his range. He picks people apart from r2 and reminds people that he would even be a threat even without his incredible lag. The former TWEL-D Finalist is one of the favorites to claim the title.

5. Star Fox - Might be a surprise to see Star Fox at #5 but he's improved dramatically since making the TWEL Finals just 2 seasons ago. Very smart player who understands 1v1 dueling and will give any of the top duelers a tough match. Sleeper to win it all.

6. Flew - One of the most underrated duelers in the zone. He plays a long range safe style yet gets most of his kills from r1 chase downs. He went deep in the tournament last year and almost made it to the finals before running out of gas after being up 4-0 against Vash.

7. snsd sooyoung - Does anyone even know who this guy is? An underrated talent and former League of Legends Challenger who is shifting his asian brain power towards TWEL-D Playoffs. He's taken out some big names in quailfying, but I feel lack of experience in the big duels during crunch time when duels slow down will be his biggest challenge.

8. Collossus - The most active dueler in TWEL-D this season, putting up a ridiculous 87-4 record to enter the Playoffs. Many people will look at quality of opponent but it takes skill and high 1v1 IQ to win at that kind of clip. It's also allowed him to create his 1v1 dueling style, which half the competitors haven't done yet.

9. Siaxis - Apparently no longer plays on 800x600 resolution after getting a desktop. His floating style is annoying against everyone, but especially in 1v1. I can see him wearing people out, similar to how beam does and going far into the tournament.

10. 2pacZ - The biggest trash talker in the zone, he's shown that on any given night he can beat literally anybody in the zone. Chase down ability is a huge asset to have in 1v1 warbird dueling and it happens to be his biggest strength. He ruined LaSenza's ridiculous winning streak back in the day and has beaten several other top competitors during qualifying alone.

Other notable names entering the tourny: Welt, Tripin, Jessup, J-B-Inc, GunJah, any of these players could have been in the top 10, it was really difficult to pick which players to highlight.

amazing write up perfect predictions but I expect to win this.
    https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Mythril, if I win my third twel title even with the handicap of learning a new dueling res during twel playoffs. I want you to remove this resolution cap you put into place on the League I had been playing long before you started trying to host it. Or, stop being a complete hypocrite and add the same resolution cap to every single ship in the arena. More people then I; have been put off at the resolution cap you added. Vys, Last standing, tripin, apok, vash. To name a few. I had thought such a resolution cap was to create some kind of competition, not cull out the competitive players that don't play on laptops. You got the staff job I had wanted all along, so at least do it well.

Comment

I had far more complaints about there not being a resolution limit last season than I have received this season about implementing one. Higher resolutions give a SIGNIFICANT ADVANTAGE IN WARBIRD DUELING. I'm tired of hearing this crap about how you're handicapped without high resolution because you're not used to the resolution that thousands of warbirds before you have been forced to use since forever. Every dueler you've played who was using standard res was handicapped while playing against you. Why don't you understand that?

Every competitive league besides TWDT-D has implemented a resolution limit and CONTINUES to use a resolution limit. You had 30 duels during qualifying and probably played all of them on high resolution despite knowing I was going to implement them for playoffs. I don't feel bad for you at all. Feel lucky that you were allowed to play three seasons with that advantage over many of the players you dueled.

And yes, resolution limits are supposed to create more competition. If the players you mentioned refuse to compete because TWEL-D is finally on a level playing field, then they're not very competitive at all and I'm glad they decided not to play. The TWEL that I'm running doesn't lean in favor of pussies.
        ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

The TWEL that I'm running doesn't lean in favor of pussies.
          OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHITTTTTTTT
          1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

I had far more complaints about there not being a resolution limit last season than I have received this season about implementing one. Higher resolutions give a SIGNIFICANT ADVANTAGE IN WARBIRD DUELING. I'm tired of hearing this crap about how you're handicapped without high resolution because you're not used to the resolution that thousands of warbirds before you have been forced to use since forever. Every dueler you've played who was using standard res was handicapped while playing against you. Why don't you understand that?

Every competitive league besides TWDT-D has implemented a resolution limit and CONTINUES to use a resolution limit. You had 30 duels during qualifying and probably played all of them on high resolution despite knowing I was going to implement them for playoffs. I don't feel bad for you at all. Feel lucky that you were allowed to play three seasons with that advantage over many of the players you dueled.

And yes, resolution limits are supposed to create more competition. If the players you mentioned refuse to compete because TWEL-D is finally on a level playing field, then they're not very competitive at all and I'm glad they decided not to play. The TWEL that I'm running doesn't lean in favor of pussies.
            dropped by just 2 say....god damn get slayed niga lasenza

wud have played this again if i wasnt perma banned, gl hope its successful again
            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Mythril, I'm not sure how much of a title you'll win if you take out the actual competitive players and leave yourself and Racka left. Why not just duel him and call yourself the champion. Oh.. Wait.. It's because I'm the Champion of the league. If you want to win this way, go for it. The fact of the matter is you're literally admitting to me, that you can't compete against my best. Or that my best, shouldn't be at the level it is. Who in this game do you know apart from me, who plays on a resolution greater then that of the current cap that can actually beat you. And if your answer is nobody. Then it shows that this res cap is specifically targeted. Your argument that all other leagues have had a res cap put in place could not be more invalid to me. I've dissagreed with it every single time it has come up. Stating that for every advantage that it has, there is also a disadvantage. Playing on a bigger screen does not make you a better player, it gives you different tools. You still need to know how to pilot a damn ship, you still need to know how to rush, you still need to be able to think before you shoot, and the idea of sitting back and lobbing shots all day from safety? Tell that to racka. The fact of the matter is, you want to win. And this is definately a way for you to make it easier for you accomplish that, by trying to convince everyone that the league needs a res cap. Btw, I took the liberty of looking up the reasons for a res cap in competitive twd and twl play. And they are not the same as the one reason you came up with. Which was "The other leagues have it, so it should too" or something as equally feeble. Tbh I'm not expecting this to change a thing, it hasn't before and it probably won't now. I'd just like to imagine the inner rage welling up in that head of yours as I call you out for this. You're being a fucking coward bro. Racka wants to duel me at my best, and beat my best so he can claim he's better, (and he would be if he won), Apok, the same, vash, the same, Vys, the same. But oh no.. Not you, you want to beat me while I play handicapped? And then what? Rap about it? This is a duel between two people, a duel to prove who the best is. If you're not dueling against your opponent's best, then what's the point?

Comment

Originally posted by LaSenza View Post
                If you're not dueling against your opponent's best, then what's the point?
                I don't play this shitty ship and Im not much of a 1v1 dueler but I know plenty about competing. If "your opponents best" as you put it gives them an unfair advantage then whats the point? The point is to compete on the same level playing field. If player A beats player B (or team a vs team b) using all the same abilities and with totally equal standards then that is how you determine a winner. I'd be at my best if it took 5+ wb bullets to kill me and 1 for everybody else, does that mean if I beat you under those conditions Im better? Man the fuck up and play by the same standards as everybody else. You are not entitled to shit
                1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
                Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

I can't believe how disillusioned you are saying you are now 'handicapped' when forced to play on WHAT EVERYONE ELSE PLAYS WITH IN WB, and that Racka wants to duel you 'at your best' - aka when you have an advantage over everyone else? How can you claim that to be your best when you have an advantage, learn to play on the res cap and then beat everyone and people might just agree with you for a change. There is more behind the res cap issue than 'because the other leagues have it', it more directly affects the wb gameplay.
                  TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                  TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                  TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                  TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by LaSenza View Post
                    Mythril, I'm not sure how much of a title you'll win if you take out the actual competitive players and leave yourself and Racka left. Why not just duel him and call yourself the champion. Oh.. Wait.. It's because I'm the Champion of the league. If you want to win this way, go for it. The fact of the matter is you're literally admitting to me, that you can't compete against my best. Or that my best, shouldn't be at the level it is. Who in this game do you know apart from me, who plays on a resolution greater then that of the current cap that can actually beat you. And if your answer is nobody. Then it shows that this res cap is specifically targeted. Your argument that all other leagues have had a res cap put in place could not be more invalid to me. I've dissagreed with it every single time it has come up. Stating that for every advantage that it has, there is also a disadvantage. Playing on a bigger screen does not make you a better player, it gives you different tools. You still need to know how to pilot a damn ship, you still need to know how to rush, you still need to be able to think before you shoot, and the idea of sitting back and lobbing shots all day from safety? Tell that to racka. The fact of the matter is, you want to win. And this is definately a way for you to make it easier for you accomplish that, by trying to convince everyone that the league needs a res cap. Btw, I took the liberty of looking up the reasons for a res cap in competitive twd and twl play. And they are not the same as the one reason you came up with. Which was "The other leagues have it, so it should too" or something as equally feeble. Tbh I'm not expecting this to change a thing, it hasn't before and it probably won't now. I'd just like to imagine the inner rage welling up in that head of yours as I call you out for this. You're being a fucking coward bro. Racka wants to duel me at my best, and beat my best so he can claim he's better, (and he would be if he won), Apok, the same, vash, the same, Vys, the same. But oh no.. Not you, you want to beat me while I play handicapped? And then what? Rap about it? This is a duel between two people, a duel to prove who the best is. If you're not dueling against your opponent's best, then what's the point?
                    You still don't get it. I make decisions for TWEL with the integrity of the leagues being the most important factor for any rule that I make. I'm the head op who's coincidentally a top dueler, and you're a top dueler who happens to be the poster boy for abusing high resolution. I can see how you think this is very personal, but I've already played and beat you in TWEL-D while you were on high res and I wasn't. Assuming I'm going to just win it all now that you can't have your resolution is also idiotic as RaCka, Ease, Best, yourself, etc. all have an equal or better chance of winning it all. The duels still need to be played and whoever is the best 1v1 player this season still has to earn that title.

I don't argue that you are at your 'best' with high resolution, but I'm also at my best in terr when I have infinite bursts, just like boxers are at their best after injecting steroids. Competition needs to be fair and on an even playing field or else it doesn't really mean anything.
                    ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

Working...
                    X