No announcement yet.

Specials in TWBD and bot commands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just played a bd all spids vs your squad Wazzaaa. From now on, no lancs and im at your mercy, Patouf included. Whichever fate suits us best, please enlight me on how to address this issue, called saving Trench Wars, from the unavoidable.

Jerome, dont take my examples to the extreme. They are here to emphasize an idea. You, Wazzaa and whoever are free, not only to disagree, but to conduct in the manner they know best. We're all equal in the end. As agressive I may sound explaining my view on how lack of competition created stacked squads, and how it leads people into making easy choises, cutting around bushes is not for me.

Spezz, idealistic? Maybe. But adversity has always been a good teacher.
    Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
    Your friend,
    ​​Papi
    ​​​​​

Comment

really i think the best solution here is the one i believe maketso suggested - bring back the old lanc for twbd/l

otherwise, stayon, i know you probably feel constrained by everyone bitching about your use of lancs... but hey, keep in mind that the less you use them now, the more devastating they will be to use during TWLB. so really, you're still at a major advantage here but the added benefit is that by using regular lineups now, you are letting future TWLB squads practice and get to a skill level where they can begin focusing on specific strategies such as how to contain lancs.

honestly this very well could be a paradigm shift where the new lanc turns out to be a better 'grunt' ship than the spider and it sucks you aren't free to completely explore that option without alot of backlash.
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

I reallllly dislike lancasters but it's not really possible to know if they have changed twlb until there are actual competitive teams, right now there's really not many bds with 2 twlb sharks on the opposing team (although tbh i feel for me at least i cud not rep it). I'm just trying to show the reality of how it has effected our bds that i've been a part of, because it seemed like there may have been a few misguided notions. People can do whatever they want, I don't want to control anyone, just don't say it's for anything but yourself because the rationalization drives me nuts.
        TRENCH WARS BILLIONAIRE
        (THX TO CHEECHOO/JURASSIC/EKKO/CUBONE27/BOMBED/SPOOKEDONE/AS BLOOD RUNS BLACK/GENERAL CHANG/LF/SPRACKLE/TEMUJIN/MERCEDES)
        PRO FESTIVAL BUYERS:HAWTHORNE/PUREOWNAGE
        AND OFC DUEL2 PARTNER CRIPPLE

Comment

Trasher's main point: TWBD bot should limit special use.

1) I agree specials should be somewhat limited against noobs, but not against squads like curse/leviathan
          2) This is diverging into a discussion about how lanc itself is broken and needs to be fixed, a separate issue.
          1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
          JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
          1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
          http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

one thing I would like to mention, but keep in mind that the call remains to the TWD operators to decide.

right before we started the last TWL season, we were considering a request to weaken or removing the lancaster given how strong of a ship it is in the right hands. that ship does have a hidden potential to be an extremely good shark and spider slayer, while also being very effective against other specials, terriers and in small skirmishes. the power of the ship is further amplified due to certain game mechanics we have in the game such as repel ignores, attaching with low amounts of energy, and damage scaling of bullets with lancaster doing 1040 damage with a relatively low energy cost. it is also the fastest ship (in terms of maximum speed) which is not often noticeable, but may still be worth mentioning.

however, we thought that it was very unlikely that the ship would see much play thus it was left untouched. we may bring up the topic this coming season and see what can be done about the ship in that league.

Comment

Originally posted by Downfall View Post
              Trasher's main point: TWBD bot should limit special use.

1) I agree specials should be somewhat limited against noobs, but not against squads like curse/leviathan
              2) This is diverging into a discussion about how lanc itself is broken and needs to be fixed, a separate issue.
              I said that both teams would have to agree to it before the game. You're not forced to accept a challenge that would mean a non special game. I'm not even saying that newbies should be entirely spared from the wrath of the lancs or whatever, just to give them some respite every now and then.

You go ahead and lanc vs me all you want DF, I'll be waiting.
              JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
              JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
              mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
              mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick

Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Comment

Appreciate the positive replies!
                Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                Your friend,
                ​​Papi
                ​​​​​

Comment

There better a goddamn limit for specials in TWL. One per team is preferred.
                  TWLD Champion 2014
                  TWDTB Champion 2013
                  TWDTB Champion 2016
                  TWDTB Champion 2017
                  TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                  -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

i capped a game long ago where entire team was specials, and it was a great game and everyone had a great time
                    and i think team ended up winning as well

so there is that
                    The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                    SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Working...
                    X