Scrap TWFD for a new Division?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrap TWFD for a new Division?

I've been having small talk conversation here and there with different staffers and players in regards to TWFD. Most of the people have responded with they think it's boring. My idea is to remove TWFD from TWD and replace it with TW attack division (TWAD). TWFD can still exist for the few players in the map ?go fighterduel. The one attack tournament that was hosted by Diakka I felt went very well. The players seemed to enjoy it yet we didn't really do anything else with it. While i realize TWSD is also very unpopular, I am just trying to do things 1 step at a time.. and this would be my first step.

Like TWFD, TWAD will not be a part of TWL. However, to give TWAD more appeal to be played, there will be a yearly league (like TWL) just for attack tourny. The qualifications and stuff will need to be worked out still. This will of course reward medals for each of the winners (good news for ease :P). The draft portion of the tournament will be eliminated since the teams will be the TWD squads.

For anyone who has never played Attack before.. you can type !about to the bot to get the same info I have posted below.
    Code:
     AttackBot> +-- Rules of Attack ------------------------------------------------------------------------.
     AttackBot> | The goal of attack is to score more points than the opposing team in the given amount of    
     AttackBot> | time. Work as a team to move the ball in to the enemy base and shoot the ball in to their     
     AttackBot> | goal to score a point.                                                                                               
     AttackBot> +-- Ship Restrictions --------------------------------------------------------------------- 
     AttackBot> | Teams may use a maximum of:                                                               
     AttackBot> |  -1 Warbird          -2 Terriers                                                          
     AttackBot> |  -1 Javelin          -0 Weasels                                                           
     AttackBot> |  -10 Spiders         -10 Lancasters                                                       
     AttackBot> |  -0 Leviathans       -2 Sharks                                                            
     AttackBot> +-- Tips ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
     AttackBot> | -When holding the ball, your ship will receive upgraded guns, bombs, and mines. Use this  
     AttackBot> |  to your advantage.                                                                       
     AttackBot> | -Use the doors located on the far end of each base as a way to escape your base with the  
     AttackBot> |  the ball. If you are carrying the ball when the door changes states, you will be warped  
     AttackBot> |  to your spawn area.                                                                      
     AttackBot> | -Collect greens to help your Terriers increase bounty. When a Terrier has 20 bounty, he   
     AttackBot> |  may attach to the other Terrier.                                                         
     AttackBot> | -Use both of your Terriers. When one Terrier is attacking, the other terr can start a     
     AttackBot> |  flank to help destroy the enemy. Just be sure not to leave your base unguarded!          
     AttackBot> `-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------'
    During the last (only) attack tournament we had..

"Gameplay: Each team will have a 25 man roster which should give everyone plenty of roster space to field a 10 vs 10 each week.
    Each team must have 7 players to field a legal lineup
    Each team MUST field 2 Terriers, 2 sharks and 1 special ship (Warbird, Javelin, Lancaster) at all times
    Every game will be a 25 minute TIMED match with a 5 goal mercy rule in effect (Final day will be 30 minutes with no mercy rule)"

We can definitely use these as a foundation to start working on making this into a division in TWD and to start annual tournaments.

Any input would be greatly appreciated from the community. After all it is you guys who will be playing it.

Thanks guys!
    Yes
    40.91%
    No
    59.09%

The poll is expired.

5:beam> why is every custodian in the vampire diaries a big black guy who gets eaten by a vampire
    5:beam> this show incredibly racist
    5:beam> got a party with 10000 white ppl no other ethnicity in sight
    5:beam> all of a sudden 300 pound black custodian comes out of nowhere to get eaten

2:Oderus Urungus> fis gets moist in the crotch when she has an opportunity to shiplock me

twfd is fun but only should be 1 round.
    8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

dude, attack is fucking awesome.
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

how about a death match lancaster division since i keep seeing people talk about amazing lancaster is

Comment

zidiot actually has a good idea. twld inc?
          3:Tsunami> under all you really have to do is fine tune that fiddle and stroke the strings harder than you ever have before

RaCka> i could've brought my subspace butthole catalogue

Comment

TWFD is fun, but it is unpopular.

If you HAVE to scrap it, I actually think Zidane's suggestion sounds better than an attack division imho.

Comment

I've been saying for years that TWFD and TWSD need to gtfo.
              Because the websites all need merging together so everyone takes part in TWD - and there isn't room for everything.

Comment

I think the successful popularity with TWAL from years ago deems it to be implemented into the trenchwars divisions. I'm also open to having a lancaster division as well, with a period of testing for like a month.
                Captain of Blind

Comment

You do not need to remove twfd for twad. twad seems more like an event that you need more than 3v3/4v4. You cant add that to twd and expect it to get play time. It should be setup like a javduel/wbduel etc. That being said, twsd needs to be turned into a dm and not a points race. twfd needs to be removed, but I don't think replaced by twad, but maybe a twld(Lancaster)?
                  1:waven> u challenge
                  1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                  Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Lancaster division is already a topic of discussion (dont want to name it TWLD tho.. for obvious reasons).. and while I care about what we do with TWSD, I prefer to stay on topic in this thread with the discussion of TWFD and possible TWAD.

Yes you would need more than 3v3 and 4v4 to play games.. but the majority of basing games are 6v6 or more. The 10v10 was just what was used during the tournament and wouldn't necessarily be what we would need to have in order to play a game. Making the minimum for a game to be 6v6 would be very doable. 2 Terrs and change the requirements for ships around to only need 1 shark and 3 spids (or some specials) and you have yourself a match.

While I know this isn't the holy grail of fixes to activity issues in TWD, its a thought I wanted to throw out there. FD and SD has been essentially worthless for a long while. After working out some issues that we may come across if this were to happen.. I would hope activity in it would increase a bit if going through a qualifying period to prepare for a tournament in this division.

So far I have in regards to TWFD and TWAD:
                    -FD should be 1 round
                    -FD fun but unpopular
                    -FD gtfo

-AD attack is awsome
                    -AD concerns with players needed

I appreciate all input good and bad. I'm not trying to dismiss lancaster but that's an entirely different topic of conversation. It could replace SD, it could be what ends up replacing FD if the community doesn't want AD and wants to fix SD, it could also be just added entire on its own.
                    5:beam> why is every custodian in the vampire diaries a big black guy who gets eaten by a vampire
                    5:beam> this show incredibly racist
                    5:beam> got a party with 10000 white ppl no other ethnicity in sight
                    5:beam> all of a sudden 300 pound black custodian comes out of nowhere to get eaten

2:Oderus Urungus> fis gets moist in the crotch when she has an opportunity to shiplock me

Comment

TWLCD?
                      The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                      SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Lancaster league is kind of off topic, but not really. I think what people are saying is instead of attack league, replace with Lancaster league. That being said, if you implement attack league, it is similar basing/flagging and will take away from the activity in it. I feel like it will be harder to get people to instead of basing to play attack and for squads to get 6+ people to play it. It may take at first because its new, but it will fizzle out in the end because of twbd just like twfd. It needs to be an arena like javduel/hockey that does not require to be on a twd squad, and possibly make it a league of its own. Im sure there are people that want to play, but this is so loosely tied to twd that's its hard to find people to do it. You will then have to recruit people for a 4 league squad? Maybe look into attack league squads? just an idea, but tethering it to twd I feel will be a bad idea.

Originally posted by MHz
                        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by KATC View Post
                          It could replace SD
                          sd doesn't need to be replaced, it needs to be changed. Turn it into a fighting division as opposed to a points division and people will want to play for stats/1v1 etc. Off subject again, but I could not help but reply to that.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Trench Wars Liquid Crystal Display? TWL already should be renamed. its not unique anymore when we have so many TW(X)L named Leagues.
                            Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by KATC View Post
                              I've been having small talk conversation here and there with different staffers and players in regards to TWFD. Most of the people have responded with they think it's boring. My idea is to remove TWFD from TWD and replace it with TW attack division (TWAD). TWFD can still exist for the few players in the map ?go fighterduel. The one attack tournament that was hosted by Diakka I felt went very well. The players seemed to enjoy it yet we didn't really do anything else with it. While i realize TWSD is also very unpopular, I am just trying to do things 1 step at a time.. and this would be my first step.

Like TWFD, TWAD will not be a part of TWL. However, to give TWAD more appeal to be played, there will be a yearly league (like TWL) just for attack tourny. The qualifications and stuff will need to be worked out still. This will of course reward medals for each of the winners (good news for ease :P). The draft portion of the tournament will be eliminated since the teams will be the TWD squads.

For anyone who has never played Attack before.. you can type !about to the bot to get the same info I have posted below.
                              Code:
                               AttackBot> +-- Rules of Attack ------------------------------------------------------------------------.
                               AttackBot> | The goal of attack is to score more points than the opposing team in the given amount of    
                               AttackBot> | time. Work as a team to move the ball in to the enemy base and shoot the ball in to their     
                               AttackBot> | goal to score a point.                                                                                               
                               AttackBot> +-- Ship Restrictions --------------------------------------------------------------------- 
                               AttackBot> | Teams may use a maximum of:                                                               
                               AttackBot> |  -1 Warbird          -2 Terriers                                                          
                               AttackBot> |  -1 Javelin          -0 Weasels                                                           
                               AttackBot> |  -10 Spiders         -10 Lancasters                                                       
                               AttackBot> |  -0 Leviathans       -2 Sharks                                                            
                               AttackBot> +-- Tips ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
                               AttackBot> | -When holding the ball, your ship will receive upgraded guns, bombs, and mines. Use this  
                               AttackBot> |  to your advantage.                                                                       
                               AttackBot> | -Use the doors located on the far end of each base as a way to escape your base with the  
                               AttackBot> |  the ball. If you are carrying the ball when the door changes states, you will be warped  
                               AttackBot> |  to your spawn area.                                                                      
                               AttackBot> | -Collect greens to help your Terriers increase bounty. When a Terrier has 20 bounty, he   
                               AttackBot> |  may attach to the other Terrier.                                                         
                               AttackBot> | -Use both of your Terriers. When one Terrier is attacking, the other terr can start a     
                               AttackBot> |  flank to help destroy the enemy. Just be sure not to leave your base unguarded!          
                               AttackBot> `-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------'
                              During the last (only) attack tournament we had..

"Gameplay: Each team will have a 25 man roster which should give everyone plenty of roster space to field a 10 vs 10 each week.
                              Each team must have 7 players to field a legal lineup
                              Each team MUST field 2 Terriers, 2 sharks and 1 special ship (Warbird, Javelin, Lancaster) at all times
                              Every game will be a 25 minute TIMED match with a 5 goal mercy rule in effect (Final day will be 30 minutes with no mercy rule)"

We can definitely use these as a foundation to start working on making this into a division in TWD and to start annual tournaments.

Any input would be greatly appreciated from the community. After all it is you guys who will be playing it.

Thanks guys!
                              Thought you were considering a squad match where up to 4 people vs the other squad 1 vs 1 style. (4 seperate rectangle blocks... Each 1 vs 1 happens at the same time). I know ease liked this idea a lot anyway and he's the king of this game so...
                              1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Working...
                              X