TWDT 2016 Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notes/Suggestions for next TWDT:

1) Do ratings manually, and use these ratings as a baseline + next TWL performances. Crowdsourcing the ratings spreads out blame, but closed-session eye-test ratings are superior.

2) Mix things up and go back to overall star-cap system. Either 38/38/61 or 37/37/60. Minimum 5-Star rating for each player.

3) Keep draft packages, they're awesome.

4) Reduce Free Agency to one, just before week 3. Ease had a valid complaint that the 2nd Week 5 draft completely changed the dynamic of the teams and punished successful teams and turned entire seasons around (ie, Silence picking up Diakka despite having an already strong roster -- they'd simply hadn't shown the first few weeks). This gives people 3 weeks to sign up, but they only miss 2, and maintains the integrity of the original draft. Week 5 was a bit too late.

5) Free Agency Draft order should be determined as follows: Rate the captains 1-8 in how valuable they are since they dont have to draft themselves, then rate their draft positions 1-8 based on the field. A likely quality of original draft order would look like (1,2,3,8,7,4,5,6) -- Usually 1/2/3/7/8 are the best draft picks, and the middle ones 4/5/6 are the worst. Combine the two to see who has the biggest disadvantages and give them the best FA draft picks.

6) Check for holidays and make sure they're accounted for in scheduling. Easter was a fuck up.

7) Try to find a way around a bye week for Semi-Finals teams if possible (I can't think of a solution atm.)

8) Let captains decide by vote on whether:

a) Borrowing should be allowed during playoffs
    b) Whether Trades should be monitored for abuse or not. Darwinian free-for-all or nixing terrible trades and protecting newer/less experienced/dumber captains. I blocked 1-2 trades and there was an insane amount of non-stop crying, i.e. maketso, because I didn't allow him to take Mean Gene, a TWL starter who can jav/terr/spider at a high level, for Kentaro, who negged in wb and was drafted 40 picks later, from TJ Hazuki, who was a target all season (nanto for gurliver, mean gene for kentaro/paradise, etc.)

That's about all I can think of right now.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
      Notes/Suggestions for next TWDT:

1) Do ratings manually, and use these ratings as a baseline + next TWL performances. Crowdsourcing the ratings spreads out blame, but closed-session eye-test ratings are superior.
      Updated for TWL performances. I'll do another pass with a group of people later. Crowdsourcing these to captains last year was a failure.

2) Mix things up and go back to overall star-cap system. Either 38/38/61 or 37/37/60. Minimum 5-Star rating for each player.
      Leaning towards sticking with last year's system. Simpler, and more familiar.

3) Keep draft packages, they're awesome.
      Yes!

4) Reduce Free Agency to one, just before week 3. Ease had a valid complaint that the 2nd Week 5 draft completely changed the dynamic of the teams and punished successful teams and turned entire seasons around (ie, Silence picking up Diakka despite having an already strong roster -- they'd simply hadn't shown the first few weeks). This gives people 3 weeks to sign up, but they only miss 2, and maintains the integrity of the original draft. Week 5 was a bit too late.
      Done.

5) Free Agency Draft order should be determined as follows: Rate the captains 1-8 in how valuable they are since they dont have to draft themselves, then rate their draft positions 1-8 based on the field. A likely quality of original draft order would look like (1,2,3,8,7,4,5,6) -- Usually 1/2/3/7/8 are the best draft picks, and the middle ones 4/5/6 are the worst. Combine the two to see who has the biggest disadvantages and give them the best FA draft picks.
      FA Draft order will be based on star level of captains to help player's who aren't as good.

6) Check for holidays and make sure they're accounted for in scheduling. Easter was a fuck up.
      Season will finish before Easter. Valentine's Day falls on a Sunday, but it's the regular season, and the broom beam is passing off as his gf isn't fooling anyone.

7) Try to find a way around a bye week for Semi-Finals teams if possible (I can't think of a solution atm.)
      404 Not Found

8) Let captains decide by vote on whether:

a) Borrowing should be allowed during playoffs
      b) Whether Trades should be monitored for abuse or not. Darwinian free-for-all or nixing terrible trades and protecting newer/less experienced/dumber captains. I blocked 1-2 trades and there was an insane amount of non-stop crying, i.e. maketso, because I didn't allow him to take Mean Gene, a TWL starter who can jav/terr/spider at a high level, for Kentaro, who negged in wb and was drafted 40 picks later, from TJ Hazuki, who was a target all season (nanto for gurliver, mean gene for kentaro/paradise, etc.)
      a) Making an executive decision on the first one, borrowing will be allowed during playoffs.

b) Relinquishing power of evaluating trades and giving it to caps -- TWDT Ops will no longer be involved.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Ardour - 7

Neymar - 8

This the biggest injustice since Steven Avery!!!

I am Neymar. Please adjust my jav value to 8 please.

Much love
        xox
        Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
        TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

Originally posted by Ardour View Post
          Ardour - 7

Neymar - 8

This the biggest injustice since Steven Avery!!!

I am Neymar. Please adjust my jav value to 8 please.

Much love
          xox
          Lol, looks like you sandbag on Neymar :>
          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
          Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim View Post
            Lol, looks like you sandbag on Neymar :>

Was Rope-a-dopeing all opponents... so sad I couldn't show for the Juans match....
            Cobra TWLJ champs Season 21.
            Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
            TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

Working...
            X