TWDT 2016 Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Downfall View Post
      A quick scan of the TWDT-B ratings

-Children a 6 -- he should be 7 (decent spid)
      -24 is a 7 -- he should be a 6
      - Mango is a 7 -- he should be a 8 (he is a good spider and a good terrier definitely should be an 8, especially seeing the other 7s listed)
      -Mikkiz is a 10 -- he should be a 9 (only 1 ship, terr + basejav cintra is a 9 and he can spider nicely too, also mikkiz laggot sometimes)
      - Turban is a 8 -- he should be a 9 (how is turban a guy who can play spider terr (at an elite level) and shark (decent) rated lower than zidane? lol dkm
      - Midoent is a 6 -- he should be a 8 (no one knows how good this guy actually is, but he's pro, he's just always fkn laggy)
      - Zidane is a 9 -- he should be an 8? (whichever caps thought zidane deserved a 9, lol.................................)
      I agree on 24. Children is borderline, but I'll put him back to a 7 for now. Having Rab and Rough, I'd play both of them over Children and entire team felt like it was a tangible upgrade. Zid has been to three LB finals in a row and won two, so I think it's understandable people rate him a 9, although you can make an argument playing with Mattey is a boost and he's 8-8.5. Turb isn't even an 8 in shark or terr (he cost thunder a title two years ago in dt-b terring), and he was a 9 at somepoint in spider like 5 seasons ago, but def not last two years. He had like 78 KP30M in 2014 TWLB and wasn't amazing. Mikkiz is the best terr left outside of Cape playing the most crucial position, and has won 4 of the last 5 TWDT-B titles, he shows every game, and gives it his all -- Cape is 100% useless in TWDT and trolls/watches NFL/dies 17x in a game. I think a 10 is justified in that sense. Mango was a 6. I think he's a 7. 8 is a stretch, and he had one good terr game Week 1, and I've never seen him in TWL. He's not on the same level as Dreamwin/Hulk/etc.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

lol not a single person in this thread is even close to my level

Comment

lol @ people raging over 8-10*s when they don't even matter in this league. Could just go to 1-2-3-4 ratings (1 being the current 5, 2 being 6, 3 being 7 and 4 being the rest 8-10) but then again we wouldnt have this drama/activity which is half the fun.

Also I'm not a 7-8-8 more like 6-7-6

Comment

1-10 not enough for my powerlvl
            im a triple 11 de fuks wrong with these stats
            Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

you guys are generous as fuck with ratings lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hulk View Post
                you guys are generous as fuck with ratings lol
                Unfortunately when doing ratings for the jav side of DT this season I had to play around with the ratings 5-8 way too much.
                I told Ogron just adding a star rating of 4 or just going straight up from 1 to 10 would make it so much easier and accurate, but it would also create more work and I guess unbalancing in terms of total star ratings per game etc.

The players/captains/operators of DT doing ratings that judge it all have to adapt to quite a few situations if they want to be as accurate as possible, and it will still go wrong with a player or two.
                3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
                3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
                3:i.d.> da fk is that?
                3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
                3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
                3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
                3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
                3:Shadowmere> LOL
                3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
                Shadowmere> Rofl
                Up in ya !> With his feet
                Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
                Up in ya !> l44t feet
                Deft> l44t f44t*
                Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
                Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

5-10 prevents catastrophic game-breaking ratings. Someone like boblemoche would get rated a 1 or 2 after having disappeared for 8 years, when he's easily a 6, and the whole thing would go to shit.

Him being misrated as a 5 means he's only 1 star off, so the damage wouldn't be too bad in an overall star cap system (which I think next year it will be.)
                  top 100 basers list

Comment

IMO there shouldn't even be a rating system.
                    Pick whoever.
                    Field whoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                      IMO there shouldn't even be a rating system.
                      Pick whoever.
                      Field whoever.
                      It's certainly an option. I think the counterpoint would be that it then doesn't differentiate itself enough from TWL. Also one of the big draws is that people of all skill levels have a chance to play (not a guarantee.) Some years you start all three leagues, others you bench (I started all three leagues as like a 3-Star in 2011, then benched the entire year 2012 -- your luck varies from year to year). Last year I got to start every TWDT-J and won the title as a 6-Star because of the 6/5 system, this year I got benched every game but one (and benched playoffs) because of the 12-Star cap (and I have the same captain) -- the nice thing is that with the system changing year-to-year you'll generally get to play and win in different leagues as long you sign up every year.

I think the current system I'm leaning towards is overall 37-Star cap for DT-J/DT-D, but I'm definitely open to discussing other options
                      top 100 basers list

Comment

IMO the point of TWDT as a format is that it's a draft... meaning no squad has all the best players.
                        I think due to the staleness of TWD/TWL that probably means TWDT is the most fun league.
                        That's up to TWD/TWL to make their leagues less shit, not your problem.

Comment

I always thought Draft league’s intent was to give less experienced players an opportunity to get some league play. Obviously I am wrong, the ratings and game reviews read like a ‘who’s who’ of TW vets.
                          Eph

Comment

You most definitely need a rating system for TWDT, even if you consider the ratings not to be in your liking. Yes, one point of the league is to be able to draft your own team, but the other point (and I think the major point), is to give players with little league experience (amateurs/noobies) a chance to play in a league setting. It was the entire reason why * caps were in place, because you have to give thought on how to best use your team (if you want to put in two 9*'s, you'll have to do it by putting in a 4* player, etc...). I know it's not as prominent in our draft league, but in EG's draft league, those compromises were a part of the strategy. I was rated a 3*(vp) player, but I would be able to get a lot of playtime because that meant our team could field more higher rated players. I get to experience what EG was like from a league perspective and appreciate it when before I knew nothing about the gameplay or strategy.

If there were no ratings or caps, then essentially you end up with TWL, where only the seasoned players get to play with themselves. You don't need to even think about adding the newer players, because you will probably have enough vets to fill the line, which, I think, goes against the very idea of TWDT.

Speaking of the rating system... Moving on out of this season, will there be a need for a 10* rating system if we only start at 5*s?
                            duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
                              I always thought Draft league’s intent was to give less experienced players an opportunity to get some league play. Obviously I am wrong, the ratings and game reviews read like a ‘who’s who’ of TW vets.
                              Eph
                              The last two seasons of TWDT have provided more playtime for amateurs and newbies than any other seasons, I've double the amount of spots for low-star players in jav and wb, and tripled it in base.

5-Star players like Lee, markmrw, boblemoche, Lena, Morg, Missa, madmaxx53, darkgriz, Phrozen, pod, wazaaa, have all played significant roles on their teams, and many TWDers like Reckful, KATC, bellflowers, frightful, Gurliver, Beasty, Cherry2000, Afri, golfer, Cyclone, Kyler have gotten significant playtime in 2014 and 2015 and been integral parts as well, not to mention established TWL veterans breaking out into leagues they don't usually play with lower star values.

So I don't know what the hell you're talking about.
                              top 100 basers list

Comment

lol ............. u mad

Comment

Working...
                                X