• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOT or NOT -- FINALS

TWDT-D

Power vs. Silence
    50-36
    Round 1

TWDT-D Cinderella story Power continued their miraculous run, despite not having drafted a warbird in the first 10 rounds, as okyo (15-5) decimated Silence's stacked warbird line, leading Rasaq (13-9), Sawyer (11-6), Rough (8-9) and The Voodoo Child/dour (3-7) to the W.

For the Silencers, their entire line negged, as bad game (9-10), Lasenza (8-10), AFRI (7-10), Best (6-10), and Raazi (6-10) failed to achieve David parity.

HOT: okyo, with a scything 15-5.
    NOT: Best (6-10), who finished with the height he claims to be on blacksingles.com, 6'10, 285.

Silence vs. Power
    50-29
    Round 2

The Empire Stuck Back, however, as 6-Star superstar bad game (13-3) trounced the Powergonians, heading up Raazi (12-8), Best (13-9), Lasenza (8-4), and Kim (4-5).

On the losing side, okyo (13-10) once again shined but couldn't carry crumbling scores by Rasaq (6-10), Rough (4-10), The Voodoo Child (4-10), or Sawyer (2-10)

HOT: bad game, with a redonkulous 13-3!
    NOT: Tom Sawyer (2-10), who found himself strangled to death, facedown in a stream after calling Best N***** Jim on a raft.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0lML7MA.png
Views:	1
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1283197

Silence vs. Power
    50-47
    Round 3

In a league Power had no business winning, they found themselves in Round 3 of the Finals tied 47-47 with three players alive on each side on 9 in one of the most thrilling TWDT-D Finales in history, with key players Lasenza (8-10) and Raazi (12-10) out, as the odds seemed 50/50 as to who would win down the stretch for the warbirding title.

In the end, a clutch stray from Best (15-9) proved the difference, igniting a late spark and 3-2 advantage as 6-Stars bad game (8-9) and Kim (7-9) managed to hold on for dear life and claim the championship they should have won far more easily.

Rasaq (14-10), Sawyer (13-10), and okyo (13-10) put in spirited performances, carrying Rough (5-10) and one of the most atrocious performances in history in The Voodoo Child (1-7), who was subbed out for dour (1-3) who was quickly eliminated leaving them down 4v5, before Power managed a near-miraculous comeback down over a dozen kills, before finally faltering at 47-47.

HOT: Best (15-9)
    NOT: The Voodoo Child (1-7), completing a 7-21 Finals record across 3 rounds for the ages, and some of the worst aim I've ever seen. If a Stormtrooper and Helen Keller fucked, you would be the end result.
    Last edited by ogron; 04-27-2015, 02:18 PM.
    top 100 basers list

TWDT-J

Silence vs. Power
    50-38
    Round 1

diakka (13-9) MVP'd round one, ahead of Best (11-8), Boblemoche (10-8), Roiwerk (9-6), Commodo (5-3), and Kim (1-4).

The Easter break proved a disaster for the two top-seeded teams in the league, as the two strongest jav teams, Power and Thunder, lost significant activity and shows from key players, as TWDT-J leading Power, which had defeated every team in the league with ease, fell to Silence, missing half their line, including Children and Fram.

Zidane (11-10) did all he could to carry his team despite being shorthanded, and they looked certain for victory leading by 6 late, but crippling lagouts from okyo (7-2) proved anathema, as Power ran out of javelins to play, inserting a sub-par Ogron (1-8) and getting nothing out of Lee (2-10), as Hulk (7-10) and Rough (8-10) played decently.

HOT: diakka (13-9)
    NOT: Ogron (1-8) and Lee (2-10)

Ogron> should I practice jav this week just in case? what are the odds I have to play?
    Zidane> lol 0 chance

Name:	WekKLzG.png
Size:	266.8 KB
ID:	1282168

Ogron> OKYO OUT OF LAGOUTS. SUB NOW!
    Ogron> Put in Rasaq or me
    Ogron> Try Rasaq

okyo has been substituted by Ogron, with 8 deaths left
    Ogron> fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkk...

Missa> welcome to the NOT section Ogron
    Ogron> LOL
    Ogron> fk

Power vs. Silence
    50-44
    Round 2

Power managed to fight back and win Round 2, as hulk (14-9), Zidane (10-9), Rough (10-9), okyo (9-9), and Lee (4-8) edged Silence out by six with a solid team effort.

Roiwerk (13-10) and Best (10-10) were on point, but couldn't alleviate suckage from diakka (8-10), Kim (4-7), or Boblemoche (2-1), as Commodo's (3-3) sub proved too little, too late.

HOT: hulk (14-9)
    NOT: Boblemoche, with an abhorrent 2-10. You suck harder than a hooker with emphysema.

Silence vs. Power
    50-37
    Round 3

Commodo (10-7) stepped into the ring for his squad, as the Silencer captain led Best (11-9), diakka (10-9), Roiwerk (7-4) and boblemoche (7-8) to the round 3 victory.

Zidane (11-10), for the third round in a row, played solid but was only matched in intensity by okyo (11-10), who was an absolute monster in these finals, despite the frequent lagouts, as hulk (8-10) and Rough (5-10) played decent but unspectacular, and were ultimately downed by the worst performance in TWDT-J history in Lee, who, like the Mayans, discovered the concept of zero, going an ungodly 0-10, dooming Power.

HOT: Commodo (10-7)
    NOT: Lee (0-10). Lee took advice I'd given to previous NOTs, and simply going 0-10 instead of 1-10, so down the line you can simply claim you were AFK. Perhaps I should have given better advice.

Name:	IrJGNOp.png
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	1282169
    Last edited by ogron; 04-27-2015, 01:34 PM.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

TWDT-B

Patouf vs. Power
      20:00-16:57

Video

Basing behemoth and heavy favorites Patouf managed to eke out a hard-fought TWDT-B victory by three minutes, as Trasher (149-63) and Stayon (143-80) proved too much for Power's spiders, outkilling them by 100, and leading Bueno (117-61), Zeebu (119-88), and nanto (104-90) to the W.

This year's sharking MVP ph (2.9 RPD, 1 Tek) once again led his team to victory, alongside veteran porkjet (2.8 RPD), ahead of Heaven (66-6, 2 Teks) in terr.

For Power, marshmellow roaster Henry Saari (132-95) "led" his team, ahead of Rasaq (126-89), Rough (119-86), Solace (105-95), and Wazzaaa.NL (87-69).

Zidane (2.9 RPD) and Hulk (2.8 RPD, 1 Tek) sharked ahead of Ogron (53-8, 2 Teks).

The game exchanged multiple leads, and was tied midway at 10-10, before Patouf took a 16-15 lead. The turning point was Ogron porttrapping Heaven at that point, killing him and everyone attached to him on the left side, which, if he survived would have given Power the cram at 16-16, but a random burst Heaven had fired 5 seconds earlier bouncing around in the ear popped out and hit him as he was making his escape, and spawned below Heaven and his sharks, where they managed to retake the base and close out the game.

HOT: Trasher (149-63)
      HOT: Stayon (143-80)
      NOT: Henry Saari. Camping and not pushing against top tier spiders is bad enough, at least we all knew it was going to happen, but the thing that really pisses me off is I told you ten fucking times before the game to anti-camp trasher during our crams so his corner camp didn't wreck us, and you said "got it" and then proceeded to do it zero fucking times as he decimated it and cost us valuable minutes.

There's only one person in history with a better KDA than you.

Name:	259Dly3.png
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	1282170
      Last edited by ogron; 04-27-2015, 01:54 PM.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

FINAL THOUGHTS

Big thanks to Turban, Heaven, and all the hosts who helped significantly during this TWDT Season. It was very much appreciated. And congratulations to Silence and Patouf on winning TWDT 2015.

We had 279 signups this year, down 14 from 2014, but those players were significantly more active, and during the regular season only one team needed to borrow. This was the healthiest TWDT ever in terms of showrates, so thanks to everyone who participated for such engagement. In terms of the regular season, this was easily the most successful TWDT in history.

The playoffs proved far more mercurial. Easter turned out to be a huge problem coming directly in the Quarter-Finals, and delaying proved to be a huge mistake, and the blame lies with me. All the teams that complained vociferously for a bye, ended up missing players anyway, and the 3 week delay for bye teams punished their success, and ultimately led to their downfall, costing Ease's Thunder and Zidane's Power likely titles. I'll likely be squadding on Paladen come next TWL.

I hope the vast majority of you had fun, and enjoyed the competition, played ships and leagues you ordinarily don't get to play in TWL or TWD, and that some newer (or returning) players got to experience competitive league play in a more balanced and inclusive atmosphere. Hopefully Turban's stats and my Hot or Not's provided you with some additional entertainment during the season. I hope everyone who was featured on the NOT list understands it is mostly tongue-in-cheek and you're actually not the worst player to ever play, and that I don't hate you. It's just for fun.

-Claus

Note: This will very likely be my last season running TWDT, it's a lot of work, and it's draining dealing with all the trolls and hate, much rather just play.
        Last edited by ogron; 04-27-2015, 02:16 PM.
        top 100 basers list

Comment

Top Players Regular Season

Name:	hWR3stZ.png
Views:	2
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	1282172
          top 100 basers list

Comment

Final Standings

Name:	bM5DK52.png
Views:	3
Size:	398.5 KB
ID:	1282171
            top 100 basers list

Comment

TWDT Champions List

Name:	Ut5Ytut.png
Views:	2
Size:	396.9 KB
ID:	1282173
              top 100 basers list

Comment

Why am I still on the list twice? Good year everyone, BTW and congrats to all the winners. No complaints from me!

Comment

Thanks to everyone who showed and FK Easter lol... : )

Comment

gg's and bigup to the people who showed for me. Giving you a hand and accepting being the last cap was cool, fun season!
                    Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                    Your friend,
                    ​​Papi
                    ​​​​​

Comment

Hot: Ogron

Not:​ Easter
                      duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

shouts to ogron. insane effort+energy+organisation...

Re: easter break decision, that surely falls squarely on the shoulders of the captains who voted for it - you handled that in the fairest possible way.

blessings & thanks
                        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Yes thanks for the effort you put in this.
                          Everything was in place for all people to play even the lesser Gods.

If i can have 1 negative comment, then it would be the non using of the TWDT website. Valid reason for no-using though but it wouldve been a nice extra.

Nevertheless, GJ Ogron.
                          Rudy> Maisoul has a history of making men out of girls. Something in his physiology.

Morgane> was that fun?
                          waxer> like the first time i had sex, i cried
                          Morgane> u really cried the first time u had sex?
                          waxer> LOl,no
                          waxer> im just like kthx, i never had sex

Comment

except me and ease didn't get to vote...? pretty sure we were captains

Comment

lol @ people still claiming that the easter break was a bad call. It wasnt. I'm 100% sure there would have been forfeits if we were forced to play on that weekend. Atleast players had a decent chance to log on for semis and finals, if they didnt care enough to show up then it(losing) is their fault not staff's or captains'.

Comment

Working...
                              X