Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: QuantumSpace - Continuum replacement project

Thumbs up QuantumSpace - Continuum replacement project

Greetings Trench Wars,

I would like to announce a special project that POiD has been working on behind the scenes as a potential replacement for Continuum. While still in a pre-alpha stage, considerable development has already gone into this client, currently named QuantumSpace. At the bottom of this post I've linked to a ~6 minute YouTube video of some initial gameplay and functionality, so please see POiD's progress for yourself.

The goal of this project is to be able to initially emulate Continuum, then move on to improving the game's graphics (including 3d ships), with an eventual goal of porting the game to iOS and Android so it can be played on mobile devices in addition to on the computer. This would give an improved chance at attracting a younger generation that has become increasingly involved in mobile gaming.

To increase the pace of development, POiD could use the help of any players willing to donate their time and efforts towards the development of the project. Right now he could use help with 3d modeling, specifically of the ships. If you're interested, please contact POiD or myself.

Once POiD feels QuantumSpace has gotten to an alpha stage, he will begin soliciting players and staff to help him do testing, but that is still probably a few months away.

This is a very exciting project which could hopefully help breathe some new life into this now 17+ year old game we enjoy so much. Well done, POiD!

Without further adieu, here is the first video for QuantumSpace: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzF77iCew78

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LzF77iCew78" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks,
    the block
    Last edited by the block; 05-03-2015 at 08:30 PM.
    Head of Public Relations
    SSCU Trench Wars Staff

I do not engage with trolls. Have a nice day!

Does this help with lag at all, or is that still an issue as it (looks like it) uses the same server?

good steps in the right direction if u ask me
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Yihaa,
    Good work Poider!!!!
    Rudy> Maisoul has a history of making men out of girls. Something in his physiology.

Morgane> was that fun?
    waxer> like the first time i had sex, i cried
    Morgane> u really cried the first time u had sex?
    waxer> LOl,no
    waxer> im just like kthx, i never had sex

looking great so far!
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

POiD, want to have sex? I see a future in you.
    TWDT-D Champ x2
    TWDT-B Champ

a new contender has appeared

"subscape"

http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtop...?p=85255#85255
    The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
    SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

the guy says he made it as he misses playing subspace....should someone tell him it's still alive? (just).

His looks ok but seems a bit childish/simplified and like an arcade game, some aspects of his graphics upgrades are decent though. I wouldn't want a subspace replacement but a subspace upgrade.
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

LOOKS LIKE A FKN WARBIRD IF U ASK ME
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Snrrrb has already worked on a HTML5 subspace game called dotproduct - http://dotproduct.nanavati.net/#

Login to play and test it out its TW settings.
    1:cripple> lol i got 2 girls behind me in my bed making out waiting for my 10 inch rod i dont think i can play another one, let me ask if they can wait 10 more min brb
    1:Mythril> LOOOOOOL
    1:2pacZ> this guy
    1:Stayon> LOL

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 2pac View Post
    Snrrrb has already worked on a HTML5 subspace game called dotproduct - http://dotproduct.nanavati.net/#

yo so like in the past 24hrs ive now seen 3 different attempts at an ss replacement announced

looks like we got at least a 3-man dev team here
    The Phase > what version of ssc are you guys running?
    Criminal> idk whatever was on the first google result for "piece of shit spaceship game from 96 free download"

Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    lol lo l oo lo l ol olol o lo l ol o lo l o

420 420 420

Leland
    nice trippy backgrounds brah

2pac, I just tested dotproduct. Some quick suggestions and things I noticed are.. That it doesn't use default subspace keys, (you have to trial and error to find them, A being shift, space being fire, v being mine and F being bomb. etc. So in the future I think it'd be better to set the defaults to be identical to that of subspace. Also, most people probably wouldn't notice it but I feel a bunch of the warbirds would. When you're hold both up and down at the same time in it, The up arrow takes preference, this is the opposite of subspace, in subspace the down arrow takes preference. That should be changed. Also I know it's just an alpha or whatever, but the shift isn't strong enough, it doesn't have a high enough top speed. Other then that it looks pretty similar to subspace. Good job.

Snrrrub's HTML5 client would be amazing to use, as it's versatile and obviously cross device playable.
    Only problems currently are I'm not sure he's done any updates in a while due to his RL situation and it doesn't connect to existing servers. From design I believe it needs it's own completely new servers and not just something to act as a medium to connect to existing zones.

The 'new game' may have been inspired by someone that liked subspace, but it isn't subspace and from the looks of it uses a different server than ones we currently have.
    This would be the same for at least 2 other projects going on right now. Both are similar style playing games, but neither connect to existing servers as they require their own, customized, servers to handle their game play.

There have been a number of different actual ss clients over the years that have all gotten to various levels of completion. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get this one done thanks to those other efforts helping to figure things out. That and we're definitely at a stage in this game that without something new / updated, we won't really get new players to play. So there's added pressure to spend the time and finish!

Quote Originally Posted by the block View Post
    Greetings Trench Wars,

I would like to announce a special project that POiD has been working on behind the scenes as a potential replacement for Continuum. While still in a pre-alpha stage, considerable development has already gone into this client, currently named QuantumSpace. At the bottom of this post I've linked to a ~6 minute YouTube video of some initial gameplay and functionality, so please see POiD's progress for yourself.

The goal of this project is to be able to initially emulate Continuum, then move on to improving the game's graphics (including 3d ships), with an eventual goal of porting the game to iOS and Android so it can be played on mobile devices in addition to on the computer. This would give an improved chance at attracting a younger generation that has become increasingly involved in mobile gaming.

To increase the pace of development, POiD could use the help of any players willing to donate their time and efforts towards the development of the project. Right now he could use help with 3d modeling, specifically of the ships. If you're interested, please contact POiD or myself.

Once POiD feels QuantumSpace has gotten to an alpha stage, he will begin soliciting players and staff to help him do testing, but that is still probably a few months away.

This is a very exciting project which could hopefully help breathe some new life into this now 17+ year old game we enjoy so much. Well done, POiD!

Without further adieu, here is the first video for QuantumSpace: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzF77iCew78

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LzF77iCew78" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Thanks,
    the block
    shit i'm getting quite excited about this!
    3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
    3:45th President> do it
    kyler> who is 45th President
    nah> donald j trump

Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

How are the bomb/bullet damage tests, and 3-d ships coming along?

Quote Originally Posted by 2pac View Post

I spoke with snrrrub yesterday, he is still actively working on dotproduct. If you look at his github (https://github.com/sharvil/dotproduct), it has comments/updates 5 days ago. Looks very promising, as does Poid's project.

Snrrrub made good comments & explanations on continuum's packet encryption as well as other very useful notes:

http://sharvil.nanavati.net/projects/subspace/

To get back on topic, nice progress Poid.

Just make sure I have the option to play real/original/authentic Continuum settings/graphics and I'll download it.
    4:Best> pressure was a terr for halloween 4:Best> guy had 4 dudes on him attached

4:Siaxis> what time is it in zimbobwe para?

4:Children> every morning i wake up, look in the mirror and thank god i'm not paradise

4:Best> Mighty's forehead has wifi

4:Mighty> u guys ever eat a ketchup sandwich?

4:sphinx> mighty fought a raccoon in an alley for some bbq chips

4:RaCka> so what if paradise is dressing up as a slim jim for halloween?

Zone Staff
    Phoenix and Jab's games all looked great too. Still waiting for one of the 582759 people to make replacements for the game to actually finish.
    Former TW Staff