Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the block View Post
    Greetings Trench Wars,

I would like to announce a special project that POiD has been working on behind the scenes as a potential replacement for Continuum. While still in a pre-alpha stage, considerable development has already gone into this client, currently named QuantumSpace. At the bottom of this post I've linked to a ~6 minute YouTube video of some initial gameplay and functionality, so please see POiD's progress for yourself.

The goal of this project is to be able to initially emulate Continuum, then move on to improving the game's graphics (including 3d ships), with an eventual goal of porting the game to iOS and Android so it can be played on mobile devices in addition to on the computer. This would give an improved chance at attracting a younger generation that has become increasingly involved in mobile gaming.

To increase the pace of development, POiD could use the help of any players willing to donate their time and efforts towards the development of the project. Right now he could use help with 3d modeling, specifically of the ships. If you're interested, please contact POiD or myself.

Once POiD feels QuantumSpace has gotten to an alpha stage, he will begin soliciting players and staff to help him do testing, but that is still probably a few months away.

This is a very exciting project which could hopefully help breathe some new life into this now 17+ year old game we enjoy so much. Well done, POiD! :laugh:

Without further adieu, here is the first video for QuantumSpace: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzF77iCew78

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LzF77iCew78" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Thanks,
    the block
    shit i'm getting quite excited about this!
    3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
    3:45th President> do it
    kyler> who is 45th President
    nah> donald j trump

Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

Comment

How are the bomb/bullet damage tests, and 3-d ships coming along?

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post
        Snrrrb has already worked on a HTML5 subspace game called dotproduct - http://dotproduct.nanavati.net/#

Login to play and test it out its TW settings.
        I spoke with snrrrub yesterday, he is still actively working on dotproduct. If you look at his github (https://github.com/sharvil/dotproduct), it has comments/updates 5 days ago. Looks very promising, as does Poid's project.

Snrrrub made good comments & explanations on continuum's packet encryption as well as other very useful notes:

http://sharvil.nanavati.net/projects/subspace/

To get back on topic, nice progress Poid.
        SySop SSCJ Metal Gear CTF

Comment

Just make sure I have the option to play real/original/authentic Continuum settings/graphics and I'll download it.

Comment

Phoenix and Jab's games all looked great too. Still waiting for one of the 582759 people to make replacements for the game to actually finish.
            Former TW Staff

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uIt9VaODFU
              1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Nice work, looks innovative. Nice moves happening with Steam and this initiative.

Comment

Looks good, just push for that finish line mate. Never understood why there's 3 folk working on seperate continuum successors though, pooling together surely would have been easier

Comment

because they are all different programming languages, and most people dont want to learn one they dont know yet
                    The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                    SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by the block View Post
                      Once POiD feels QuantumSpace has gotten to an alpha stage, he will begin soliciting players and staff to help him do testing, but that is still probably a few months away.
                      so what does the legendary poid feel now? is it safe to ask for any updates since it has been a few months?
                      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                        so what does the legendary poid feel now? is it safe to ask for any updates since it has been a few months?
                        Development has slowed due to increased commitments during the summer IRL for POiD. He has however made some physics improvements and other backend work that would not be noticeable in a new video to show off, so there isn't one.

He has also set up a forum at subspace.co to get exposure from everyone, not just the TW community. In there is a thread you can add to a client wishlist of features.
                        Head of Public Relations
                        SSCU Trench Wars Staff

I do not engage with trolls. Have a nice day!

Comment

[QUOTE=the block;893678He has however made some physics improvements and other backend work that would not be noticeable[/QUOTE]

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com...tanza-wink.gif

Comment

wouldnt it be just hilarious if the_block and poid were the same person
                            The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                            SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Should give some Kuddos to Poid and The Block.
                              These guys are trying to improve TW and all they get is bad shit from a lot of guys.
                              Rudy> Maisoul has a history of making men out of girls. Something in his physiology.

Morgane> was that fun?
                              waxer> like the first time i had sex, i cried
                              Morgane> u really cried the first time u had sex?
                              waxer> LOl,no
                              waxer> im just like kthx, i never had sex

Comment

Originally posted by Morgane View Post
                                Should give some Kuddos to Poid and The Block.
                                These guys are trying to improve TW and all they get is bad shit from a lot of guys.
                                I agree
                                1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Working...
                                X