TWLCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLCD

So after getting some input from players via forums and in game messages, I've taken on trying to make lancaster division a thing. I don't have any map devs right now to really work on a map, so using the very basic map making abilities I have, I created a rough prototype map in arena ?go twlcd (graphics wont stay the same once i update it a bit more)

I'm 100% down for taking submissions if you have a different idea for the map. I've gotten mixed feedback before the map was even made about how the map should be. Lancasters are extremely great at rushing and the games could be very fast paced. With that being said, I've had people say it should be more like the JD map. A base that requires more skilled and strategic flying to either go in on the attack or to get away. On the complete opposite side, I've had people say it should be completely open like a DD map.

I feel both have their strengths and weaknesses. A JD-like map would require a bit more skill imo. Not just flying around but how you aim your shots and try to corner your enemy. You slightly limit the full capability that a lancaster has to rush though. A DD-like map would give full rushing capability and prob a bit easier to play, but I worry that it will become more of a strayfest than what you would generally find in a DD. I'm sure it'll be fun for a couple games to stray multifire lanc bullets across the screen and pray u get an "r8". After a while though that would probably get old.

Let me know what you guys think! I appreciate it!
    5:beam> why is every custodian in the vampire diaries a big black guy who gets eaten by a vampire
    5:beam> this show incredibly racist
    5:beam> got a party with 10000 white ppl no other ethnicity in sight
    5:beam> all of a sudden 300 pound black custodian comes out of nowhere to get eaten

2:Oderus Urungus> fis gets moist in the crotch when she has an opportunity to shiplock me

I think it looks really good for a prototype
    . The only thing I would maybe suggest thinking about is stretching the map out so it is a bit bigger than a JD map, but not as big as DD map.

Can't really say for sure though until I give it a test-run, it actually might already be fine as-is
    but you wouldn't want a ship so well designed for running/rushing to be too cramped.

I like the general layout/look of the walls though.

Comment

We need to force some sort of division in our public arena.

Comment

Hey,
        in my opinion, LCD would be nice if it was like DD.
        But with a few more rocks maybe?
        Cos now as you said yourself you make a ship with great rushing qualities into a technical ship. Where imo it is less fun.

If it was my i would go for a map, a little bit smaller than the DD map but with more big rocks.
        Rudy> Maisoul has a history of making men out of girls. Something in his physiology.

Morgane> was that fun?
        waxer> like the first time i had sex, i cried
        Morgane> u really cried the first time u had sex?
        waxer> LOl,no
        waxer> im just like kthx, i never had sex

Comment

Why not use both ideas KATC? Do a map like TWDD where it is open in the centre (not too big, ofc), there can be open-based fighting and on the sides and on the top/bottom some sort of wall-structure like in TWJD. That way, you can decide to stray in the middle or hide if you want. Win-win both ways. Just a thought.
          "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
          Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
          Dral>I can get implants

Comment

this must be the stupidiest idea for awhile, nobody with common sense will play this division. ever.

why build this shit anyways?

I fuckin hate u guys
            (DoCk>)>sorry i pressed the wrong button and shut the server down :P

Comment

shut the fuk up sheriff
              when was the last time u played TWD? u fukhead
              Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

Originally posted by mtine View Post
                Why not use both ideas KATC? Do a map like TWDD where it is open in the centre (not too big, ofc), there can be open-based fighting and on the sides and on the top/bottom some sort of wall-structure like in TWJD. That way, you can decide to stray in the middle or hide if you want. Win-win both ways. Just a thought.
                Isn't that basically what the TWSD map is though? That is the worst map by far in all of TWD

Comment

the current spider division is flawed by design. in my opinion the old TWSD was more enjoyable, which was a basically standard deathmatch.

Comment

Make ?go Snipe its own division in TW.
                    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                    Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by Godzero View Post
                      Isn't that basically what the TWSD map is though? That is the worst map by far in all of TWD
                      No. I meant it to be more open and to not have a scoring game-type like TWSD. That one is bad, agreed.

Just open the middle up a bit, redo those corners and upper/lower part of the map and just give it a go. It's not that hard.
                      "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                      Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                      Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Working...
                      X