Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Launch coming July 3rd, 2015

Greetings Trench Wars,

TW Staff would like to update our players on the progress that has been made on the Steam Project.

While we were greenlit on Steam back in January, the process for actually getting on Steam has been slow to produce many tangible results. Many of the holdups were due to legal questions we needed to consider before publishing our game on Steam. The last thing we would want to happen is to publish our game, and then be immediately sued or face other legal consequences which would be nonproductive to the goal of expanding Continuum's audience and increasing our population.

Many of these questions were eventually sorted out to the point where we are now ready to move forward with publishing Subspace Continuum on Steam. The launch date has now been determined and will happen on Friday, July 3rd, 2015. As we prepare for this date, the Public Arena is undergoing several changes in hopes of making the pub experience for new players more enjoyable and competitive. Additionally, special zone events are being coordinated for this weekend, which we will be promoting in-zone. The launch itself will be promoted through Social Media, as well as on Steam itself.

Steam will aim to get us about 1 million views over the first couple of days, of which about 0.4% generally click through and download the game. Ways to improve our chances of attracting prospective players clicking through and downloading the game are to include high quality logos, screenshots, and videos on our Steam Page. If you have any of these or are willing to create them for the launch, please email them to twsysops@gmail.com. Player submitted content is greatly appreciated.

We will also need all hands on deck for the launch, players included. We'll want to have as many players logged on as possible to welcome the new Steam players, as well as to maintain a busy and active pub, promote the other in-zone events, and basically just be there to welcome the new players and help them learn how to play. Turban has also been working on a tutorial to introduce new players to our zone and give them the basics on how to play, and he could use any help or feedback anyone is willing to provide him.

While many of us are TW-centric, it is also important to remember that we are promoting the GAME Subspace-Continuum on Steam, not just Trench Wars. There are many zones the new Steam players will be able to try out and play. To support that effort, there are plans for a multi-zone tournament for the weekend of the launch. So no matter the zone you want to play in during the launch, you are supporting the effort simply by being active, friendly, and contributing to the game's overall population.

So this is where we're at. This could be a very exciting time in our zone's history, but in order to succeed it will have to be a group effort between TW Staff and TW Players, with everyone working together as a team to help the Steam Players feel welcome and get them hooked on the game, the same way we all did. As there are more updates I will report them so stay tuned. Thanks!

***UPDATE (6/11/15)***
    There has been some confusion from our current players about what will be required of them to continue playing once Steam launches. Answer: Nothing.

Current players can keep using the client they use now. The Steam Client will only be for players that find the game through Steam. Those players can even switch to the non-Steam client if they get hooked on the game and would rather use the original client.
    Last edited by the block; 06-11-2015, 08:30 AM.
    Head of Public Relations
    SSCU Trench Wars Staff

I do not engage with trolls. Have a nice day!

You are right,
    i will go online in other zones, and make sure they go to trenchwars from there!!!
    xD

Very good to hear though, we are going live!!!!
    Rudy> Maisoul has a history of making men out of girls. Something in his physiology.

Morgane> was that fun?
    waxer> like the first time i had sex, i cried
    Morgane> u really cried the first time u had sex?
    waxer> LOl,no
    waxer> im just like kthx, i never had sex

Comment

Thank Odin and Freyja!!! Finally . GJ!! Need any ZH's? I'd love to help welcome people and handle help calls.
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

i see no sign of continuum in the "coming soon" section of the "free to play" steam store page
        The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
        SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

http://store.steampowered.com/genre/...tab=ComingSoon

in case you didnt believe me
          The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

i am also wondering how you created a nonprofit organization and bank account so quickly

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

i am also wondering why you are asking for pictures being sent to a backwater email address instead of a public setting such as http://forums.subspace.tw/showthread...t-and-pictures where feedback can be given back to the people producing them, where the public can vote for things they like

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

i am also wondering why this is not in the relevant steam section of tw forums: http://forums.subspace.tw/forumdisplay.php?195-Steam

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

If more players are likely to join this game, there should be new player squads out there to grab as many new players as possible because let's not think stupid here, pub is boring compared to twd action... Want them players to leave? 5 mins in pub will do it
                  1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Glad to know someone is working around the clock on the Steam project.

We had Turban writing 40 paragraphs a post giving us the run-around on everything which did not even relate to the damn topic. Keep up the good work The Block!
                    1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
                    1:Zidane> congrats man
                    1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
                    1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
                    1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

Comment

That's some exciting news. I don't get to log on much anymore but hope it all goes well. Spread the word in steam/gaming communities, reddit etc.

Comment

ohhhhh word?
                        Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Rides View Post
                          ohhhhh word?
                          You heard him.

See you in the shit, son.
                          RogerMexico
                          The Daily Nice
                          Post Secret

Comment

in b4 Conc

Comment

Hi Pallies!!! So is it now time for the reunion?? D

With Love from ur cousins in Paladen
                              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                              X