Whats the status of the Pub fixes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the status of the Pub fixes?

Ok, looks like we might be expecting an influx of new players. Turb has, for what's it worth, modified the tutorial (still feel it needs to be mandatory to get new players invested and not allow them to simply skip over it). A few of the ?buy items have been removed but Pub is still far too much an un-level laying field; tilted in favor of more experienced players. The rest of ?buy win and ?buy advantage needs to be addressed. At this point I'd take a temporary memoriam; this would double as a test bed.

And when are we finally going to deal with the completely broken team-killing process? Everyone knows exactly how it works and why it does not work. This is completely exploited by anyone who wishes to team-kill. First and foremost, staff needs to wake up. This should NOT only be a reactive process. In other words, sit in Pub spec and watch for yourself instead of waiting for someone to 'report' a team-kill. Currently what percentage of team-kill warnings are handled out due to a reported situation? 99%? This HAS to change. Get proactive.

Second, the rest of the process is a joke. Waiting for a report, then issuing a warning, then finally actually doing something results in the Pub game already being ruined EVERY time. By the time anyone goes to the effort to report the damage to the competitive base game has already been done. Getting proactive goes a long way to resolve this but I also recommend that the offending player be quickly moved to another ship as soon as possible. Of course this assumes more than one player has reported the offender and/or the staffer has seen the problem him/her self.

But driving a bunch of ne players to Pub isn't going to mean shit if we don't address this stuff first. Ask yourself if a new player will stick around the first time a 'vet' ?buys additional advantage to own them harder or invests 30 minutes in a great base game only to have a team-killing jerk kill off the game.
    Eph

You might have missed this, but all super-buys will be removed (there is a zoner about that). The rest restricted to safe zones. This will happen along with a few other pub changes.

As for being pro-active... There was a move supposed to show players how many banCs(shiplock/silence/speclock) and banGs(zone ban/SSCU ban) have occured every month, to show a bit of what happens behind the scenes. Sadly this never made any progress, otherwise you would possibly see that lots of punishments in pub actually happen way before there is a report on those players. But I hope it is understandable that we will not punish players on the sole claim that they did anything, as this would lead to massive abuse. You might however like that the decision has been made to be quite a bit more strict on rule-breaking. But as I am not supposed to give out details, you can inquire the Heads of Ban department about this.

Comment

As bk mentions, we can't just take everyone's word for it as people would begin lying just to get others punished.

Are you suggesting staff take shifts sitting in spec in pub just watching for teamkillers? I don't think that is very realistic as everyone knows we are all volunteers and have different schedules/commitments/flexibility of when and how long we can play for. I also don't think our staff is big enough for that.

What would be nice is if we had a 24/7 twitch livestream of pub (or at least the flagroom), then we could use it as a DVR and go back in time and see exactly what happened which would solve the issue of people who teamkill and stop as soon as they are reported or think staff is watching. I have no idea how do-able that is, but it would certainly improve enforcement of teamkilling rules if players knew there was a video record of what happened and they would be held accountable.

Anyways for the Steam launch you can expect a larger staff presence and increased enforcement/assistance in pub.
      Head of Public Relations
      SSCU Trench Wars Staff

I do not engage with trolls. Have a nice day!

Comment

if tw was on as3 we would have access to ?record and ?replay
        The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
        SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Staff just needs to make sure we have all hands on deck during the steam release, making sure that there are staff members who can sit in pub and proactively watch the base situation. If staff sees people tk'ing without reporting, we can pre-emptively PM warn these players.
          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
          Failure teaches success.

Comment

Working...
          X