Steam Launch Progress..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Launch Progress..

So i logged in today and saw the normal population maybe a little larger than normal but nothing too huge to notice, but its not that the population was inflamed, Pub itself was on fire! Still is!
    Seeing all of the new players coming in from Steam is pretty amazing to watch, whats even more amazing is watching all of these vets step in to help the new players and stimulate the gameplay to help do there part in assuring a proper perception of this game and its community.
    Congratulations to everyone that made this steam launch possible it has been a long time coming that most of us thought was just a pipe dream and would never reach reality.
    Congratulations to every player still playing and helping support this zone.
    I only hope that these new players stick around to see what this zone really has to offer with leagues and events.
    Great job, this was exactly what we needed. I am certain that this is just the beginning being that this is the first day, the first 12 hours even.
    I speak for many of us when i say that i am excited to watch this all unfold.
    Thank you!
    Big Chill

Originally posted by RoDNeY View Post
    So i logged in today and saw the normal population maybe a little larger than normal but nothing too huge to notice, but its not that the population was inflamed, Pub itself was on fire! Still is!
    Seeing all of the new players coming in from Steam is pretty amazing to watch, whats even more amazing is watching all of these vets step in to help the new players and stimulate the gameplay to help do there part in assuring a proper perception of this game and its community.
    Congratulations to everyone that made this steam launch possible it has been a long time coming that most of us thought was just a pipe dream and would never reach reality.
    Congratulations to every player still playing and helping support this zone.
    I only hope that these new players stick around to see what this zone really has to offer with leagues and events.
    Great job, this was exactly what we needed. I am certain that this is just the beginning being that this is the first day, the first 12 hours even.
    I speak for many of us when i say that i am excited to watch this all unfold.
    Thank you!
    Aye good call Rodney Had 2pac going around helping people earlier, was strange to watch but fair play to him.

Trying to get the stats on it, but that new player alert been going crazy all day

Comment

Originally posted by Demonic View Post
      Aye good call Rodney Had 2pac going around helping people earlier, was strange to watch but fair play to him.

Trying to get the stats on it, but that new player alert been going crazy all day
      499 and counting.

http://www.trenchwars.org/dezmond/st...layergraph.php
      Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
      1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

Getting people to try it the first time was never the issue. Getting them back for a 2nd time was. I will keep my opinions out of it for now but I am intrigued to see if the population can get along long enough to make a good first impression to enough people. I am not holding my breath but good luck anyways, Trench Wars.

I'm even gonna sign in to see if I can help out with questions if I can.
        1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
        Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

I wish my computer didn't decide to start dying yesterday, else I would be online to help with the retention of the players. Unfortunately my GPU is on the verge of complete death, and I won't get a replacement until Tuesday, thus the most I can do is to monitor the growth / statistics / new players / downloads, and keep contact with the key people of our staff to ensure everything is going smoothly.

As of now, there has been 565 new players visiting our zone today, and the game has been downloaded 4500 times through Steam. The current count of players playing through Steam is at 205 and has been steadily climbing throughout the day, so all-in-all it is looking good. Other zones are gaining a bigger benefit based on the zone selection screen, with Death Star Battle slowly becoming more and more popular. We can probably supply some graphs in the coming days.

looking good, I'm quite optimistic about the future, and hopefully I can log in soon depending on when my replacement GPU arrives.

Comment

Congrats, good work to everyone who made it happen.

Comment

not saying anything yet, I don't wanna jinx this! >_<
              3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
              3:45th President> do it
              kyler> who is 45th President
              nah> donald j trump

Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

Comment

Some of them will stay but I'm not sure it will be +100 extra at all times... Perhaps many stream players were Mac users and unable to get on the game (which is troubling why it wasn't sorted). Them new players need to join a squad and learn about twd (the real addiction) before they quit otherwise the population will b not much different.
                1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Originally posted by LF View Post
                  Getting people to try it the first time was never the issue. Getting them back for a 2nd time was. I will keep my opinions out of it for now but I am intrigued to see if the population can get along long enough to make a good first impression to enough people. I am not holding my breath but good luck anyways, Trench Wars.I'm even gonna sign in to see if I can help out with questions if I can.
                  Don't bother man, on the client screen I saw 103 players for hockey zone, 90 dsb, 100 extreme games, and 132 for trench wars...Instead of saving TW, turban saved hockey zone and revived some zone called death star battle.
                  1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
                  1:Zidane> congrats man
                  1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
                  1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
                  1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

Comment

looool rough killing me b/c its true
                    Last edited by Crescent Seal; 07-03-2015, 09:44 PM.
                    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Listen up everyone, the new players who fly around in pub will not stay simply because pub itself gets boring after a while. We need a strategy to get these players into twd and elim simply because it will provide them with a challenge. When I first started I remember going crazy about elim matches because winning one actually meant something. The new players need proper direction to these arenas so they can experience the competitive side of trench wars, not just flying around and shooting shit.
                      1:Da1andonly> korven plays subspace from a 1978 microwave

Grab a piece of paper. Place a dot in the middle of it. Draw a small circle around the dot, and leave the rest open. The dot represents your knowledge. It's what you know. It is the limit of your mind's capacity. The circle around the dot is everything that you don't know - but you know that it exists. And the rest of the paper is everything that you didn't even know that you'd never know - that exists or has the potential to exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                        I wish my computer didn't decide to start dying yesterday, else I would be online to help with the retention of the players. Unfortunately my GPU is on the verge of complete death, and I won't get a replacement until Tuesday, thus the most I can do is to monitor the growth / statistics / new players / downloads, and keep contact with the key people of our staff to ensure everything is going smoothly.

As of now, there has been 565 new players visiting our zone today, and the game has been downloaded 4500 times through Steam. The current count of players playing through Steam is at 205 and has been steadily climbing throughout the day, so all-in-all it is looking good. Other zones are gaining a bigger benefit based on the zone selection screen, with Death Star Battle slowly becoming more and more popular. We can probably supply some graphs in the coming days.

looking good, I'm quite optimistic about the future, and hopefully I can log in soon depending on when my replacement GPU arrives.
                        "modern gpu near death" aka "still good enough to run 50 ss clients simultaneously"
                        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Depre View Post
                          Listen up everyone, the new players who fly around in pub will not stay simply because pub itself gets boring after a while. We need a strategy to get these players into twd and elim simply because it will provide them with a challenge. When I first started I remember going crazy about elim matches because winning one actually meant something. The new players need proper direction to these arenas so they can experience the competitive side of trench wars, not just flying around and shooting shit.
                          Funny, I remember when a lot of us first started we probably never left pub for the first 6-8 months. Once you naturally switch over to elim, TWD generally comes with it. Shouldn't try to force people either way, let them enjoy the game and as long as the zoners are there, they will naturally migrate to those arena's.

Rough - yea it has helped other zones, and that's a good thing not a bad thing.

Comment

Funny, I remember when a lot of us first started we probably never left pub for the first 6-8 months. Once you naturally switch over to elim, TWD generally comes with it. Shouldn't try to force people either way, let them enjoy the game and as long as the zoners are there, they will naturally migrate to those arena's.

Idk, people join this game to see what the games briefly about within a short period of time (say around 30 minutes) before they make their minds up and either quit completely or they were curious and return. Wouldn't you want each and every new player to know the best part of what this game has to offer? If 100 players were just left to their own thing how many will leave within 30 mins (how many will know about twd/events?) vs if you nicely asked them to join your squad (which takes 1 min to do)/ get them on a squad chat so they get a friendly "hi" from everyone to make them feel special before getting them to play/ see a game.

I used to do this to a few new players when i got the chance and they would think squad battles were amazing and would return asking for a squad game (while they were playing pub).

Not all players want competition/ want to be forced into something straight away but if u do it right, you can guide them in the right direction i.e:

- Get their attention by being friendly/ start a nice coversation before inviting them into your squad... then get them to repeat 3 commands/ u apply for them and bam i'm adding them into a game- now they see the competition lvls. You wouldn't be explaining too much, the goal is to somehow get them playing or seeing a squad match happen to feed the addiction. You can get new players to join a squad without over loading them too much although some might want to know as much as possible- every person is different.

Another point? if u've disagreed with me so far then when's it the right time to explain that twd exists? because how do we know when are they going to quit. You hold back the information for one day but the next day hes already gone- wasted opportunity?.

I'd say we bring these new players (kindly/ using persuasion- nothing too forceful) into twd squads or at least give them the chance to be invited or to know of its existence. If they say no... that's cool (leave them alone) it was worth a shot.

Having said that, i could be completely wrong but this is only my opinion so don't take it to heart.
                            Last edited by Fork; 07-04-2015, 06:33 AM.
                            1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Personally I don't remember staying in pub for that long. The new players we're getting are GAMERS. What keeps these gamers playing is competition. All big gamers strive to be competitive and be a part of something big. Just flying around and shooting shit in pub is not competitive and gets too repetitive. Winning an elim or a TWD match is much more rewarding than winning a round of basing in pub, this is what will retain the new population.
                              Last edited by Depre; 07-04-2015, 06:30 AM.
                              1:Da1andonly> korven plays subspace from a 1978 microwave

Grab a piece of paper. Place a dot in the middle of it. Draw a small circle around the dot, and leave the rest open. The dot represents your knowledge. It's what you know. It is the limit of your mind's capacity. The circle around the dot is everything that you don't know - but you know that it exists. And the rest of the paper is everything that you didn't even know that you'd never know - that exists or has the potential to exist.

Comment

Working...
                              X