-EVENT IDEA: Keep on the lines Death match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -EVENT IDEA: Keep on the lines Death match

I don't know if this is possible but perhaps there could be a death match event where players HAVE TO REMAIN ON THE GREEN LINE at all times- step off the line and you're out :P but also die a certain amount of times and you're out: See pic:

I know a possible method would be to have mines around the green lines- then when you step off the line- You explode.
    Last edited by Fork; 08-20-2015, 09:55 PM.
    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Lines of mines would work, like in ?go helicopter. A bot tracking players positions that precise technically very problematic (lag). Create a map, I will see if I can set up a bot to draw a grid then or if that bot ability got lost, ask a dev to create it.

Comment

Wouldn't it be easier to have wormholes in the center of each box with a very small but very powerful pull that would drop you into a "spawn zone" with locked doors if you walked off the lines without the need for bots.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

and make it so you respawn where you die so you stay on the line so you can make it to ten deaths. The wormhole spinning the jav shots would just increase the fun most likely.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Now that I got that figured out, work on my freefall idea. A long race top to bottom with wormholes pulling you down and a bot that drops bricks all over the place on the way down within the confines of the map, first person down wins.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

The easiest way to do this event would just be to make the areas that you're not supposed to go into all be filled with safety tiles. Set the safety time limit to about 1/100th of a second so that anyone who strays from the "green line" is immediately eliminated from the event. This also allows players to shoot through the forbidden areas (unlike wormholes or even warp-tiles). It also might be more interesting if you change the "green line" grid format into something that varies in thickness and curves in different directions.

Yes, it would be very unforgiving (you stray off that path just once and you lose, even though you get 10 lives), but if you have enough players (approx 20+) and you host it about 2 or 3 times in a row, nobody will mind.

Comment

Instead of safety, there are also warp tiles. Those warp you instantly when you fly over them (They are in pub around the duel areas to prevent ppl from exploiting a glitch and leaving map boundaries)

Comment

Originally posted by bkgmjo View Post
                Instead of safety, there are also warp tiles. Those warp you instantly when you fly over them (They are in pub around the duel areas to prevent ppl from exploiting a glitch and leaving map boundaries)
                The reason I suggested using safety tiles is because you can't shoot through warp tiles. Your warp tile method would suck.

Comment

Guess we are back at mines then, because disconnecting players for leaving the line seems a bit odd.

Comment

Originally posted by bkgmjo View Post
                    Guess we are back at mines then, because disconnecting players for leaving the line seems a bit odd.
                    The only thing people would enjoy more is an event where you can repel enemies into being disconnected from server.

Comment

About the Safety tile theory: you don't need to disconnect the players. There's a bot module allowing to spec you once you hit a safety tile.
                      Other than theories about HOW this would work, I think it'd be a quite boring event.

Comment

Originally posted by fiS View Post
                        About the Safety tile theory: you don't need to disconnect the players. There's a bot module allowing to spec you once you hit a safety tile.
                        Other than theories about HOW this would work, I think it'd be a quite boring event.
                        Not as boring as pub
                        1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole Surfer View Post
                          The only thing people would enjoy more is an event where you can repel enemies into being disconnected from server.
                          lmao this would be hilarious, we should look into this idea.
                          also make it so that once reconnected players can just re-enter without being spec-locked or save that until after event or something
                          3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
                          3:45th President> do it
                          kyler> who is 45th President
                          nah> donald j trump

Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

Comment

Working...
                          X