No staff training?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No staff training?

I was trying to play Pub the other day even though there were only 10-11 people actively playing. An <ER> announces that he is starting Pictionary. Seven of the active pub players leave Pub and it dies. When I ask the <ER> why he is killing Pub he says that he is Euro and that Euros never get to do events. Pictionary was hosted with 7 players in it while Pub went dead. Why would anyone stay in Pub (with 3-4 people playing) and try to support it up when staffers are robbing it like this?

Even worse, when I ask him if his training included anything about the timing of events but he stated that he got no training at all.

I do not understand why staff is not taught how to host properly. Pub should not be killed to host an event; especially when the event isn’t well attended either. You cannot cut up a tiny zone population pie into ever smaller pieces without a negative impact. Yes, I understand it sucks that the zone does not have enough population to hold large events for Euro prime times. But apparently some staffers are short-sighted enough to think splitting a meager player base is not damaging to the zone long term. This kind of thinking is only going to accelerate the decline of TW. For God’s sake, please consider implementing a few simple guidelines for <ER>s to follow. Hosting timing IS population sensitive. Its not rocket science to issue a few guidelines for <ER>s; if Pub has fewer then X amount of active players then think twice about hosting an event. Even if it isn't a hard and fast rule; at least make <ER>s aware of Pub population levels and event timing as a part of their training.

Did this <ER> really not receive any training at all? WTF? And why aren't those who are supposed to be over-seeing the zone noticing these issues?

If the issue is that we are scraping the bottom of the barrel for staffers, or that events will be hosting no matter what impact it may have on Pub, then please tell us all that this is the way it will be. That way, we can quit trying to support Pub and go do something else.
    Eph

Pub was already dead before I hosted this event,
    these days pub is always dead around 12:00 - 18:00 GMT
    so basically you are saying events shouldn't be hosted at all around these times, every day
    i find it hard to believe this will better the zone,
    but anyways if the uppers think it is a good thing to quit hosting events ill stop hosting events,
    however i find this utter bullshit
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

Eph> *Jumps through hoops to protect the ID of the <ER> staffer*
      Wazza> "...and 0 fucks were given that day."
      3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
      3:45th President> do it
      kyler> who is 45th President
      nah> donald j trump

Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

Comment

Yesterday evening I re-assumed my previous role as Head of Staff Training. I am working to identify areas we are deficient in as well as address problems I see as it relates to training issues that arise. So please reach out to me in game or message me here if you have any concerns.

Comment

May I say the calendar on the main page http://www.subspace.tw/ is a very big promo along with adding in a line into the pubbot sequence with date time and time zone for events might help?( you can use different colors to catch ppls eyes for events)
          Maybe some votes in game or on the boards on what is the favorite event for everyone and then some tips pre-game for new people how to play like what to reset keys to so its easier to play the mod/event?( I say this because its a pain to hang around and be called ez when you dont know the key setup anyway lol)
          Might be dumb suggestions but just tryin to help.
          Also the popup that showed whats changed before you logged in was a fun read some times. I know all of this is prob a pain in the butt and code intensive but maybe its worth it?(oh and i dont mean a bot i mean staff taking some time to train the new people on whats best maybe?)
          Or a training squad? what ever just something to prep people for the old timers and people who have done these events a coupla times if you get the drift.
          2centz
          Last edited by rothe; 10-06-2015, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X