Double Elimination Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we get a rematch in LB pls.
    I didn't play, therefor we are entitled for a rematch.
    The whole zone wants to see a last of a dying breed play. And lose with honor. Not lose in spec.
    Thank you so much for making this happen.
    FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
    #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Tiny?

The rules were clearly stipulated at the beginning of the season. You're mad we don't get to start with a 1-0 advantage in TWLJ and TWLB? Boo-hoo, who fucking cares.

You in the TWLJ Finals playing with Ease and Zidane, pretty sure that's advantage enough. This thread is dumb and makes us look bad.
      Cape> draft easier to win when you cap

*6 months later*

Cape triple frowns and misses playoffs in every league

Comment

Im entitled to my own opinion and has nothing to do with you or the squad, so calm your tits. And just because something is stipulated at the beginning of the season doesn't mean I have to agree with it or that's its the right thing to do.
        1:waven> u challenge
        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
          Im entitled to my own opinion and has nothing to do with you or the squad, so calm your tits. And just because something is stipulated at the beginning of the season doesn't mean I have to agree with it or that's its the right thing to do.

It means the time to bring it up was before the season started... not two weeks into the playoffs AFTER your own squad has qualified for 2 of the 3 Finals.
          Cape> draft easier to win when you cap

*6 months later*

Cape triple frowns and misses playoffs in every league

Comment

halal beef is real
            Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by royCE View Post
              You posting rules which no one reads doesn't justify a change. It's the equivalent of agreeing to Terms of use prior to installing a new software. You pulled some shady shit.
              For your sake, I hope you at least read contracts that you sign.
              Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

I was not diligent in reading the finals structure 3 months before the season started and I apologize. It only occurred to me when we were in the finals/near the finals and it was an actual thing that needed to be thought about and looked at. I'm sure all of Vikings looked into the twl finals structure 3 months before it happens to plan ahead (doubtful). I'm assuming by my gross exaggeration you get my point.
                1:waven> u challenge
                1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                  and makes us look bad.
                  lol that has been established for a while now
                  1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Nice little fun convo so far with interesting arguments on both ends. Personally I thought it was bo5 with advantadge but turb corrected me yesterday. If you ask me..I rather play next week than sitting next week.

Wanna standout Cres's post, as some of these squads with deep rosters are already prized enough, whoever they face, wont have the same solutions skill wise, or if someone lags or doesn't show.

The mindset of finals and these in a way pointless winners brackets games complety changes the finals games imo. Fun fact: Cobra, Dudgeon and Thunder all started 1-0 in each league they had said advantadge only to see Cobra lose 1-3 and Dudgeon and Thunder 2-3. These last 2 squads also won the first round. On Fierce's case they just simply outclassed Cobra, the other two just couldnt seal it, Thunder was seconds away, while Dudgeon blew a big advantadge on the last needed win. Its both a virtue and a sin to start 1-0. Just go hard and focus on the important and let's not have finals where the timer never ended or when people lag so hard to reach 18kill like scores in such games with crucial eats and not being penalized for being so blatant.
                    Afterall, this is the last one we're playing, let's not fuck up.

Not gonna lie knowing there's only 2 lbs left for me to play, leaves my big heart with a scar, but my smile of how much I love you all remains. Have fun the next 2 weeks. Good night Papis.
                    Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                    Your friend,
                    ​​Papi
                    ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                      lol that has been established for a while now

+1 LMAO
                      3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
                      3:45th President> do it
                      kyler> who is 45th President
                      nah> donald j trump

Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

Comment

I didn't read the rules this year as I really didn't have a realistic shot of getting this far in lol but from an outsiders perspective I do feel this setup is a bit lopsided so I'm going to suggest my idea double elimination could work where the top teams get rewarded for the ranking they finish in during the season. My idea is a bit different but I think a little more balanced as it works from the bottom up and not the top down like the setup this year does... meaning that the lower squads have to earn it more than the top squads. Instead of doing a 3 round match structure with 6 squads my idea is playoff would contain 5 SQUADS . It would work as follow

Regular season happens.. we get a top 6 situation resolved. Games would then happen as follows.....

TEAM 5 and TEAM 6 play a one round match BattleOff for true playoffs...Loser is OUT

TEAM 4 plays winner of the above match (Team 5 or 6) (now true playoffs begin with the 3 round matches).........Loser is OUT

TEAM 2 plays TEAM 3 (3 Round match)

-Winner of above match faces Team 1 . Loser of above match plays winner of match TEAM 4,5 or 6 results

-(1st seed team gets a by week during these games avoiding this part of the playoffs as a reward)

TEAM 4/5/6 winner plays TEAM 2/3 loser (3 round match) ...Loser is OUT

TEAM 1 plays TEAM 2/3 winner... Winner makes finals .....

Loser of above match either Team 1,2 or 3 plays winner TEAM of 6,5,4 results ... Loser is OUT ... Winner makes Finals to face Winner of TEAM 1,2,3 results

This way the top teams are rewarded for their placement during the regular season while the losers have to really earn the spot. It puts the burden more on the losers than the winners. Hope this makes sense.. it should, a graph would be easier but deal with it. Perhaps this can be what we do next year, Would love to hear feedback on this idea.
                        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

oh and good luck to Fierce and Burn in twld this year! and really all the finals peoples
                          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                          X