No announcement yet.

Double Elimination Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're missing the point tho jones, we might have lost but then we earned our way out of the losers bracket but that didn't give us an unfair advantage.

For staying in the playoffs without losing, cobra earned their one game in hand advantage over fierce in the finals. That was your reward for not losing.

This prick is basically saying fierce gets nothing for staying undefeated in the playoffs and burn simply gets another chance at playing us without any disadvantage.

Simply put, fierce doesn't get anything for staying undefeated. Not a single round in hand. And if they lose, they are out. Never getting a chance at what all the losing teams got, which was to get out of a losers bracket.

Want to talk fair? A loser should win a whole game 2-0 just to get an overall 1-1, and make a third game happen for a best of 3 scenerio. But no, not even a round
    Call me Hadoken cus' Im down right FIERCE

Comment

Originally posted by royCE View Post
      basically saying fierce gets nothing for staying undefeated in the playoffs and burn simply gets another chance at playing us without any disadvantage.

Simply put, fierce doesn't get anything for staying undefeated. Not a single round in hand. And if they lose, they are out. Never getting a chance at what all the losing teams got, which was to get out of a losers bracket.

Want to talk fair? A loser should win a whole game 2-0 just to get an overall 1-1, and make a third game happen for a best of 3 scenerio. But no, not even a round
      I can't help but feel the same way about this. If a team gets lucky enough to get knocked out in the beginning of the playoffs, just to come back and play against the team that beat them already, there should be an advantage. It seems to me, the best path would have been to lose r1 on purpose and play in the loser's bracket, whilst keeping in form every week and letting the winners bracket sit in spec for 2 weeks and come in with no advantage whatsoever. Again, I appreciate everything you do turban, but I respectfully disagree in regards to this part of the playoffs. One could say im being biased, but from the looks to me, twld will by far be the toughest to come back and win, but I feel your making it easier on us to do so. Just my opinion
      1:waven> u challenge
      1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
      Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Yea instead of being punished for losing, this guy is rewarding the losing team when they make it to the finals. Reason I'm saying "when", is because it's always been very appearant from the start who realistically are the only two teams who have a chance at winning twld, Burn and fierce. We already beat them, now they get to play us again without any consequences.

I admire that you're actually showing any type of respect to this corrupt prick and addressing him with any type of respect when he deserves none.

Comment

Yea instead of being punished for losing, this guy is rewarding the losing team when they make it to the finals. Reason I'm saying "when", is because it's always been very appearant from the start who realistically are the only two teams who have a chance at winning twld, Burn and fierce. We already beat them, now they get to play us again without any consequences.

I admire that you're actually showing any type of respect to this corrupt prick and addressing him with any type of respect when he deserves none.
          I really don't see anything wrong with squads getting another chance within this system we are using. They still have to get through Potenza and Cobra, both of them have a chance of winning. Winning 2/3 rounds in finals is fair enough for both squads. It's still the most important game of the season and should be treated as such.
          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

I am still unsure if you have read what the format is all about, though .. let me try to make it even more clear to you.

- The playoff has split to two brackets with one of the brackets gaining an advantage for their good performance in the regular season. However last season we only had one bracket since the beginning of the playoffs with less teams participating.

- The upper bracket, commonly known as the Winner's Bracket, was given an advantage while the lower bracket, also known as the Loser's Bracket, was not given an advantage. This means your team, along with Potenza, BurN, and Cobra, have already received a big advantage over teams such as Vikings, Dudgeon, LEGO, and Paladen. You can question the legitimacy of those teams all you want, but they are still competitive squads in this league.

- It is a fair point that there is a chance that a squad will play against the same opponent twice in the playoffs thus it might feel unfair to have to beat the squad twice, but on the side of the coin there is also the chance that you will not face the same squad in the finals. Fierce could very well be facing Cobra, a squad that has not played a single match against their squad.

- As the regular season tends to pretty be even, and the regular season is too short to accurately gauge the true strength of each team, this almost always leads into the best teams often facing each other in the Semi-Finals. This format was implemented and further revamped to ensure that the best teams will make it to the eventual Championship match to give us the most competitive match possible. However, if we had a long regular season, then there would be no need to have a playoff format similar to this one as teams would be accurately seeded for the playoffs. It is also possible that a team will have to face three different teams before claiming the title as has been very close this season.

- In a regular double elimination tournament no one is given an advantage. It is not mandatory to give an advantage to the team that wins the Winner's Bracket Final, and that is one of the main reasons why some leagues prefer to run single elimination tournaments as there is a chance that a team must play the same team twice to eventually win a title. Last season was a special case as I felt teams needed an incentive to stay undefeated in the playoffs, and this time we shifted that incentive to the regular season to see if that works better. Only time will tell.

Now as far as your team not knowing what the hell is going on in the season, you can only blame yourselves for not staying up to date. The information was out there, and we encouraged every team to read and agree to the rules and comment on the changes, but from the looks of it no one on your squad gives a damn about the league, at least based on the fact on how none of you was giving proper input on the changes when there was still time to change it .. well, it's too late now.

Unfortunately, I did hear that most of your players will be quitting this game after this season which is definitely a loss to the game. I genuinely wish you guys the best in the future, and hopefully some members of your squad will stay for the future seasons that we will continually improve.

Comment

And, once again, I would like you to take a breather, and stop for a moment to read this line:

We are not running a true double elimination tournament setting this season. We are running a seeded double bracket tournament with a mix of the classic knockout system used in single-elimination tournaments, and some of the better parts taken from the double elimination tournament format. It is a hybrid tournament setting thus not comparable to the previous seasons.

Comment

Here is my opinion on this using LD as reference. It definitely sucks if you are Fierce to reach finals and have to prove your worth again against a squad you just beat. Personally, if I had reached finals with Potenza, I would not want to rematch any of the other 3 squads since we are equally matched if not worse than them. What makes up for this however, is the fact that Fierce is stacked in LD with 10 high level quality players while the other squads aren't. So in this particular case, I feel 0 sympathy. We just faced Fierce with a jav who never warbirds as our 5th while Fierce had the likes of Geio, Welt, Tripin, and Last Standing in spec for Fierce coording for them. So in a way this system makes the stacked top squad fight harder to prove their value but it also makes it tougher for a mediocre squad such as Potenza to win it all. It balances out basically.
                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

You should maybe add a rule that has to do with all teams being treated equally when they lose a match. Considering one team can lose and play more matches to get to the finals, if we took these rules into consideration, then if fierce does lose in the final against who ever makes it, they should be able to replay that same team again to get back from the losers bracket for another final match to determine who truly deserves it. At that moment, both teams would have lost once on their way to the final. Instead, your rules specify one team can lose, and another cant.

Does that not make sense?

Not sure you understand the word fair.

Comment

You seem to be ignoring the fact that only four teams are allowed to drop a match in the current tournament setting, and speaking of fairness .. your squad sure is an advocate of that word given how you have three full lineups that could compete in the highest level of the league.

Alas, the point Crescent Seal was trying to make is that if you can make it to the championship match then you sure as hell should be good enough to beat any team even if you face the same squad. Your opponent has not been set in stone and you could very well be facing Cobra in two weeks time.

We have effectively eliminated that risk of having a terrible final match due to a lucky of draw and win in the earlier stages of the playoffs with this format all while allowing those who had a poor regular season to still have a chance to compete. There is no need to give an advantage in any playoff format, to be honest, although if we were running a true double elimination tournament then you would have a stronger case on the matter.

Long story short, get off your high horse and stop pretending to be the victim. The playoff format is completely balanced, and when the season ends and if most teams did not like it .. we can always change it around in the future.

Comment

Only 4 teams are allowed to drop a match.

???

LOL WHAT

I can't anymore

Comment

Only 4 teams are allowed to drop a match.

???

LOL WHAT

I can't anymore
                        .. yes, it is a split tournament. We are treating every team equally and give them a fair chance. Are you forgetting the fact that the league had 8 teams in the playoffs when we started?

Comment

You claim it isn't a double elimination over and over, than say 4 teams are allowed to drop a match. Then got the adosity

Comment

Than have the audecity to talk about fairness

Comment

You claim it isn't a double elimination over and over, than say 4 teams are allowed to drop a match. Then got the adosity
                              No.

I claim that we are not running a true double elimination tournament. We are running a hybrid tournament which is a mix of single elimination and double elimination. Can you read for once?

Comment

Whatever man

Comment

Working...
                                X