Reasons for sucking/doing good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons for sucking/doing good?

What do you guys think are the reasons(s) you do well/bad? Everyone has an off-day and everyone has a good day when you completely own everybody.

Being hungover or drunk or on any other substances is a given, I was actually "not allowed to" be hungover on twl days when sweet won ld.

Few things I think are the reason you do bad:
    -you try too hard, relax!
    -opponent is in your eyes a "newbie". the aliaser effect. you drop your guard vs a newbie and it's because of negligence you die rather than "skill". (me vsing beam in ld for example)
    -opponent reads your every move and is simply "too good"
    -your ship moves "slowly". Now, why is this? I know if I play svs/eg etc. the whole moving around thing seems weird. for example, watch an svs player play tw. his moves are entirely different! play javelin elim a couple of times and your wb suffers. does this happen to Ease? what about basing? trying different resolutions etc.

I don't mean "you" as in anyone specifically, I have my own problems aswell, which are listed above. the difference is that I limit my mistakes on sundays during twl, maybe that is the biggest reason. you really just prevent yourself from making bad decisions.

What do you guys think?
    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

this 2004? game ded.
    1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
    1:pascone> folder is empty :/
    1:Tiny> LOL
    1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

Comment

My biggest problem with any competitive online game is that I just get bored, I only log in because I feel like I have to for whatever reason, and when that happens I just suck. No matter what game it is its always been like that, I get bored easily.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kentaro View Post
        this 2004? game ded.
        did you win ld yet? no?

Originally posted by kthx
        My biggest problem with any competitive online game is that I just get bored, I only log in because I feel like I have to for whatever reason, and when that happens I just suck. No matter what game it is its always been like that, I get bored easily.
        being on quicksand i understand why it gets boring when you can't win anything. however, it looks like you do bad because of "lack of trying". (lack of giving a fuck)

Comment

To be fair getting to the finals back when we did and there was still good players was way harder than winning the ld against the third string players from when we cared.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

lol the people who win twld have slapped kthx for 15 years

also see sig, this thread doesnt apply to me

Comment

lol bad news kthx, the same people who were kicking your dick in back then (Fierce, Thunder, Dice) are the same people winning now. when Burn slaps Apok/Deez/Skepsis/Lasenza in the Finals, they're beating the people who beat the shit out of you that one time you made Finals.
              top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                did you win ld yet? no?
                No, and frankly I haven't bothered to play much throughout the years. Congrats though I never had your amount of commitment for the game.

"I was actually "not allowed to" be hungover on twl days when sweet won ld"

Comment

Theres a reason there wasn't a triple crown for like 15 seasons, might as well just give everyone in TWL a participation award these days. Also things were different back then, Pascone liked to schedule games for times when people couldn't show up so.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Certainly, this thread is already getting derailed. although, i am fairly commited to help kthx on his 10k post journey.

i agree the level of competition has gone down given the fact that i have played on a laptop since 2008 and i can still destroy people like kentaro or racka without any effort whatsoever.

i would also like to make a note here that zidane has never gone positive in any lb final he has won.

while "not-giving-a-fuck" effect may be the primary reason for sucking i still think we could get a discussion going.

oh and by the way, that last comment of yours kentaro, the one at the end. it was mainly meant to be a joke, but i did play considerably worse while hungover.

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                      Certainly, this thread is already getting derailed. although, i am fairly commited to help kthx on his 10k post journey.

i agree the level of competition has gone down given the fact that i have played on a laptop since 2008 and i can still destroy people like kentaro or racka without any effort whatsoever.

i would also like to make a note here that zidane has never gone positive in any lb final he has won.

while "not-giving-a-fuck" effect may be the primary reason for sucking i still think we could get a discussion going.

oh and by the way, that last comment of yours kentaro, the one at the end. it was mainly meant to be a joke, but i did play considerably worse while hungover.
                      if you really want to "discuss" this thread. the game is impossible to play when tired

Comment

haven't had a bad day yet I'll let you know when/if it ever happens
                        Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

For me it's practice mainly. After a couple of weeks away it's like starting all over again.

Comment

lol at people who say 'twld was such a higher standard 10 years ago which is why I never won' as if the fact they never won 10 years ago gives them a god given right to be considered pro now? Still not a winner now or then, and this is coming from someone who hasn't won a title.
                            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

For me performance wise was when my desktop died and I went from a desktop to laptop. That was a huge change for me. Also, during that period I had children and the thrill/excitement I got when winning just wasn't there anymore. I just stopped caring, as I had bigger things to worry about.
                              But honestly twl back in the day when we was all kids, that was when the game and twl was fun to play. Now it's just the same shit, I can tell you who will win twl in each division before pre season has started, that's how fucked up it is. Back in the day, it was between atleast 4 squads in each division.

Comment

Working...
                              X