No announcement yet.

TWD changes - Information thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are a captain of a new squad in TWD, or plan to create a squad, this is for you:

From now on 'Newly Created Squads' can request to get a periodical advertisement in-game asking for new players.
    These periodical adverts will run for a few days, every 2 hours.

Contact a staff member if you are a captain of one of these squads and want this.

The format for one would be:
    [TWD Squad] Squad is looking for new players. Contact Captain1, Captain2 or Captain3 to join. -TWD Staff

Even a single new player that a team gets out of this is positive.

Also posted as news on TWD site
    Also edited to original post
    3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
    3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
    3:i.d.> da fk is that?
    3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
    3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
    3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
    3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
    3:Shadowmere> LOL
    3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
    Shadowmere> Rofl
    Up in ya !> With his feet
    Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
    Up in ya !> l44t feet
    Deft> l44t f44t*
    Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
    Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

It's funny reading this thread from my perspective.

I am one of the peeps that owns a gaming desktop that cost me nearly $3500. I run two 23" monitors, and have a crazy 8 core cpu, 3gb top range gfx card, SSD operating system drive, 16gb RAM, you name it.

I want TWDD limits of 1280x1024 / widescreen 1440 to stay. It's true that there is simply an advantage on offer for players who can increase their resolution, where others cannot. This game has been played for years, very happily in TWDD with no resolution change from 1280x1024 as default max. It provides distance shots while at the same time sniping opportunities through radar. The resolution isn't excessively small and TWDD has endured until now partly because of that.

Increasing the resolution won't only make it easier for those players who are able to use it, it'll also change the strategies used when playing. Some players will not need to hardly engage in combat because they will be able to see players from almost 2 radar blocks away. If a whole squad is making use of that, you can imagine how little fun it would be for the other squad if they were all running in 1280x1024.
      Followed by that will be loss of player morale and general cynicism from players taking the line of 'whats the point anymore, these guys are using a resolution twice the size of mine, even if I had eyes in the back of my head I wouldn't be able to dodge/hit these guys'.

It's no coincidence that this game format has survived until now without the premise of fair, equal-standing play being behind the basis of a TWDD match, start messing with the fundamental restrictions that ensure fair play and the rest is history.

Comment

Originally posted by little buddhist View Post

I am one of the peeps that owns a gaming desktop that cost me nearly $3500. I run two 23" monitors, and have a crazy 8 core cpu, 3gb top range gfx card, SSD operating system drive, 16gb RAM, you name it.

I want TWDD limits of 1280x1024 / widescreen 1440 to stay. It's true that there is simply an advantage on offer for players who can increase their resolution, where others cannot. This game has been played for years, very happily in TWDD with no resolution change from 1280x1024 as default max. It provides distance shots while at the same time sniping opportunities through radar. The resolution isn't excessively small and TWDD has endured until now partly because of that.

Increasing the resolution won't only make it easier for those players who are able to use it, it'll also change the strategies used when playing. Some players will not need to hardly engage in combat because they will be able to see players from almost 2 radar blocks away. If a whole squad is making use of that, you can imagine how little fun it would be for the other squad if they were all running in 1280x1024.
        Followed by that will be loss of player morale and general cynicism from players taking the line of 'whats the point anymore, these guys are using a resolution twice the size of mine, even if I had eyes in the back of my head I wouldn't be able to dodge/hit these guys'.

It's no coincidence that this game format has survived until now without the premise of fair, equal-standing play being behind the basis of a TWDD match, start messing with the fundamental restrictions that ensure fair play and the rest is history.
        +1 for reality
        1:waven> u challenge
        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

I've always been against the res limits and at the same time willing to accept that the majority of wb's want to keep the limits. Doesn't really matter too much in the end.

But today I tried out the Continuum resizer that let me use a "legal" resolution in the TWDD arena in fullscreen mode while keeping the aspect ratio intact, and it actually worked out. Still think the arena is too big for the silly gameplay but that's never going to change either so I suppose it's fine.

Basically it's pointless to bring this up until Cres and co have 8k laptops in 2025 and can't play with their 1940 resolution anymore.
          JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
          JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
          mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
          mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick

Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Comment

So unlock res limits in base and jav and leave the wb arenas alone. People won't like it though, bcuz the biggest advantage comes in twd twld. They want the advantage, plain and simple. Otherwise, change lag limits to like 20 ms and tell anyone with bad internet to upgrade. Same thing applies with the technology reasoning. I mean, TW will need a better server too, but if the players need to spend money to play, the infrastructure should be upgraded as well. You could use the 6k in donation money that has sat there gaining interest for 10 years now.
            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
              So unlock res limits in base and jav and leave the wb arenas alone. People won't like it though, bcuz the biggest advantage comes in twd twld. They want the advantage, plain and simple. Otherwise, change lag limits to like 20 ms and tell anyone with bad internet to upgrade. Same thing applies with the technology reasoning. I mean, TW will need a better server too, but if the players need to spend money to play, the infrastructure should be upgraded as well. You could use the 6k in donation money that has sat there gaining interest for 10 years now.
              Do you even know how lag works? Or even what it is?
              You think people lag less when they have a faster internet connection, or the other way around where the server has a higher bandwidth?
              Please do a little bit of research before typing nonsense and maybe you can avoid embarrasing yourself.
              7:Ruhe In Frieden> wiat, how come everyone said jill was lebanese?
              7:raizin> LESBIAN, NOT LEANESE
              7:Almalexia> LOLIRL
              7:Ruhe In Frieden> lol
              7:CROW_CAW_CAW_CAW> hahah
              7:Berlin Wall> rofl

Comment

Man this is the truth +1000000000 on this one LB

Comment

been over this 500000000x now. twdd/twld/twdt needs a res cap.
                  1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

TWJD, TWBD, TWLJ, and TWLB have all had their resolution limits completely removed for a good while now -- or to be more precise, the limits were lifted about two TWL seasons ago. We had several requests from the players to remove the limits, and in neither of the leagues does one gain an advantage when they are playing on a larger resolution than their counterparts which is thanks to the nature of both leagues. Both our basing and javelin games are very heavily focused on close combat action, and some players even claim that playing on a larger resolution is a disadvantage in both leagues simply due to the increased amount of useless information that could be filtered out when playing on a smaller resolution.

However the vast majority of our players who focused on TWDD and TWLD did not want the limits to be removed. There were some arguments from players who are active in TWBD and TWJD claiming that they would transition into TWDD should the limits be removed, but that in of itself was not enough for us to remove the limits at that point in time. The hard fact is that we still have an active and rather large democratic of players who are primarily playing on a laptop, and all the signs point towards the league turning sour should the resolution limits be removed. It would not only give a great advantage to the players who are faced against opponents with lesser resolutions, but it would also fundamentally change the league for the worse by encouraging the players and teams to shift their focus to long range combat.

I would personally want the current staff to think about changing the current arena as most games are played in 3 vs 3 format right now. It would be beneficial to decrease the size of the arena to encourage the teams and players to play some fast-paced and action-packed games.

Comment

don't touch the donation money, 24 still owes me a tv.
                      Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

I get the feeling the game will die before that money is ever used, and then some asshole will pocket it. Hopefully me.

Comment

Originally posted by Eren View Post
                          Do you even know how lag works? Or even what it is?
                          You think people lag less when they have a faster internet connection, or the other way around where the server has a higher bandwidth?
                          Please do a little bit of research before typing nonsense and maybe you can avoid embarrasing yourself.
                          Do you know what lag is? Do you think people lag less with slower internet connections? Do people with 56k dialup have a lower ping average than someone with broadband?

Maybe you should learn how to read and comprehend what is being said before you reply and embarrass yourself.
                          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

remove the spawn area changes. its garbage as hell and it made the issue worse than before (was a non issue to begin with). people are getting spawned in corners or at random areas now. makes no sense.
                            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                              remove the spawn area changes. its garbage as hell and it made the issue worse than before (was a non issue to begin with). people are getting spawned in corners or at random areas now. makes no sense.
                              No lie, I managed to spawn rasaq many times and got 5 kills on him quick before he raged on chat and called me a garbage *** for KO'in his white power ass out quick.

Black tiger here bruh
                              https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                                keep it because it's actually kind of hilarious
                                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Working...
                                X