TWD changes - Information thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Responding to the few spread threads around here and adding to this one:

TWDD resolution limit will be decided with an in-game poll.
    EDIT: To clarify, it will either stay the same or be upped to 1920 x 1080.
    The poll will run for 1 week (7 days) - on a yet unspecified date.

Only TWD registered players can vote
    Only 1 vote per player
    The poll will be held in ?go TWD as it's a familiar arena for everyone that intends or has registered to TWD before.
    Pros and Cons regarding the possible change will be included as a greetmsg, as well as some background information.

This way players won't have to go out-of-game to cast their vote, and the players who it really concerns will be able to vote, but no else.

We're still waiting for dev to have bot be able to save the votes to database so if the bot crashes all won't be lost, but we should be able to continue where we left at.

TWD ratings are still being worked on. For WB and Jav they're fairly complete, but for basing there's some complexity to it with different ships coming to play, teamkills, terr kills etc.
    Once we're at the point where we can start changing the rating system on site, we'll be doing so.
    It will require some down time for TWD, as well as players and squads for testing it. TWD staff and dev will stay close to this project when the change happens, so as to provide as much support to players and squads that want to be involved in it as possible.

Some players have asked me when roster caps will be put in place.
    While I'm concerned over a few squads stacking and recruiting players constantly despite having way over the quantity they need, I'm more inclined to let TWD play out freely right now.
    Hopefully once TWD ratings are finished and we reset the ladders players will want to join squads they get to play in to prove they're the shit. Or create their own squads.
    I'm still analyzing the situation all the time.

I'm also running multiple other ideas in my head and through dev on a daily basis, but a lot of it requires web developers. Unfortunately those are exactly the ones we're lacking.
    Last edited by Shadowmere; 01-29-2016, 03:39 AM.
    3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
    3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
    3:i.d.> da fk is that?
    3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
    3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
    3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
    3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
    3:Shadowmere> LOL
    3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
    Shadowmere> Rofl
    Up in ya !> With his feet
    Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
    Up in ya !> l44t feet
    Deft> l44t f44t*
    Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
    Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

cud u address the awful spawn zone changes
      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
        cud u address the awful spawn zone changes
        I've gotten plenty of positive feedback about that. "refreshing" "less spawns"
        Compared to TWDT where the spawn radius is as before, players have complained about spawns.

There is always a chance though you spawn next to an enemy. But the increased radius lowers that chance considerably.
        It does mean you have to coordinate and find your team better and more, but that's how a team game is meant to be played anyway.
        3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
        3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.

Shadowmere> Rofl
        Up in ya !> l44t feet
        Deft> l44t f44t*
        Up in ya !> Twinkle toes

Comment

If you raise the twdd cap to 1920, many players will leave. Including me.

And yes, address the spawn changes. They are just ridiculous.
          "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
          Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
          Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Originally posted by mtine View Post

Haven't seen u play the game in months? U sure u didn't leave already?
            1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

I will pummel anyone, on any reso they choose to use. You can use an Imax theater and still get destroyed... #jukegameonfleek

Comment

Originally posted by mtine View Post

wiidindu aint got any skills to vs anyone even with ppl with res cause he a garbage player with or without it. :laugh:
                https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Hey guys.

It's been a while since I informed you of any changes.
                  Partially because of me being busy with a new job and others being busy with their lives and other projects.

Anyway,

Qan has made some small changes to MatchBots:

!chtop was removed completely.
                  Captains and assistants are now able to use the following new commands

MatchBot> !challengeall <players> -------------- (!chall)request a game of TW*D against any squad with <players>s
                  MatchBot> !challenge <squad1,squad2,...> -- challenge multiple squads

!challengeall is self-explanatory.
                  Even if a squad is hidden in the TWD ladder on TWD site, it will be included in the !challengeall command as long as they have played 1 game in the challenged division.

!challenge Squad1,Squad2 on the other hand will challenge the named squads with the minimum amount of players required for a match.
                  For TWDD and TWJD it will challenge the squads for a 3v3 match, and for TWBD it will challenge the squads for a 5v5 match.

You can always use the !addplayer feature for more players if both squads agree.
                  Last edited by Shadowmere; 04-09-2016, 06:04 AM.

Shadowmere> Rofl
                  Up in ya !> l44t feet
                  Deft> l44t f44t*
                  Up in ya !> Twinkle toes

Comment

Quick clarification, you should be able to use !challenge for multiple squads and also specify # of players. You just can't specify the arena at the same time (atm; sorry, MatchBot's one of our oldest bots and has been added onto over years and years, resulting in a freak of nature very few can stomach). So if you're in the arena of the league you want to challenge in, it should work to specify # of players along with multiple squads.
                    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

When are you going to allow double squadding or remove twd join time between squads. We have like 5 twd games all day and you guys still trying to enforce rules from 2001. :\

Comment

TWD Roster Limit: 30 to be applied on May 8th

Captains of every squad have until then to set their rosters within the limit.
                        If any squads remain above 30 players, TWD staff will then proceed to make the necessary changes.

Shadowmere> Rofl
                        Up in ya !> l44t feet
                        Deft> l44t f44t*
                        Up in ya !> Twinkle toes

Comment

TWD Resolution Poll, Keep as is OR Remove?

Poll runs on bot named TW-Vote which resides in Pub0.
                          Votes are restricted to TWD registered names and only 1 vote per player is allowed.

POLL WILL RUN UNTIL TUESDAY, MAY 10TH 1AM EST! That is 193 hours from now.

The result of the poll will be final for the remainder of the time I stay as Head of TWD.
                          Future TWD Heads will reserve the right to change whatever they deem necessary.

How to vote:
                          ?go 0
                          :TW-Vote:!polls
                          :TW-Vote:!view <poll#>
                          Read Pros & Cons and additional information
                          :TW-Vote:!vote <number> (options above Pros & Cons)

Worth noting: All votes will be registered in the database. This means even if the bot dies, the votes will be recorded and retrievable.
                          Last edited by Shadowmere; 05-03-2016, 12:01 AM.

Shadowmere> Rofl
                          Up in ya !> l44t feet
                          Deft> l44t f44t*
                          Up in ya !> Twinkle toes

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowmere View Post
                            TWD Resolution Poll, Keep as is OR Remove?

Poll runs on bot named TW-Poll which resides in Pub0.
                            Votes are restricted to TWD registered names and only 1 vote per player is allowed.

POLL WILL RUN UNTIL TUESDAY, MAY 10TH 1AM EST! That is 193 hours from now.

The result of the poll will be final for the remainder of the time I stay as Head of TWD.
                            Future TWD Heads will reserve the right to change whatever they deem necessary.

How to vote:
                            ?go 0
                            :TW-Poll:!polls
                            :TW-Poll:!view <poll#>
                            Read Pros & Cons and additional information
                            :TW-Poll:!vote <number> (options above Pros & Cons)

Worth noting: All votes will be registered in the database. This means even if the bot dies, the votes will be recorded and retrievable.
                            Something as important as this deserves a thread of its own, not a post that gets buried easily. I don't even see a need for this. We have twdd3 for this purpose alone. Let people have the option in twdd like it is now.
                            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                              Something as important as this deserves a thread of its own, not a post that gets buried easily. I don't even see a need for this. We have twdd3 for this purpose alone. Let people have the option in twdd like it is now.
                              agreed with its own post
                              Last edited by Delectable; 05-02-2016, 05:42 PM.
                              3x TWLD All-Star
                              2x TWLD Finals MVP
                              2x TWLD Champion

TWLD Champion 'Season 11'

TWLD Champion 'Season 14'

Comment

lol oh nm it doesnt even work. Lets start twl! Haha. Stupid
                                3x TWLD All-Star
                                2x TWLD Finals MVP
                                2x TWLD Champion

TWLD Champion 'Season 11'

TWLD Champion 'Season 14'

Comment

Working...
                                X