Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!buy skill in pub - need suggestions (and other !buy ideas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !buy skill in pub - need suggestions (and other !buy ideas)

I'd like to put in a !buy skill command in pub, somewhere between a joke and a real idea. The idea is, you !buy skill, and it spits out a random quote from a player. Something helpful ... your grand wisdom, o master, from your legendary years of SSing. Ship-specific, arena-specific, leagues, how to win certain events, etc. Whatever you want, can think of.

Jokes are OK. Would prefer that if you make a joke you also include something vaguely helpful though. Or balance it out... give me a joke and a real tip (or, if you want, just the tip), can put both in.

• Has to fit on 1 chat line
    • Will be signed by your forum name unless you specify a different name or ask to be anonymous

Appreciate it guys. I'm too bad to be much help anymore except the most fundamental stuff. I will include protips about how to break bots instead.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Other !buy ideas
    • !buy event: This one is finished but I need to test it. You can !buy an event host. It has to be accepted by staff in 10-15 min or your money is refunded. Once the host accepts they have 15 min to start the host.
    • !buy win: bot tells you that you've won and should be proud of yourself. Maybe gives you a nice compliment. Takes you to dinner. I don't know. No actual game effect, ideally with a fairly high price for maximum annoyance and amusement. ($10K?)
    • !buy tea: buy a cup of tea for another player. The bot will give them a cup of tea. Possibly with associated LVZ graphic.
    • !buy shoutout: 24's idea, give a shoutout to another player. Need to come up with decent text for it. Maybe just something really simple. X gives a shoutout to Y! Could be zoned for more money, though that could get annoying.
    • !buy stfu: this one is already in, but not currently buyable because it's controversial. It prevents the spec freq from speaking in public chat for a short time, maybe 1-3 minutes. Can PM spec freq to inform them of this. If someone wants to continue their conversation with someone who's playing, they can -- by going in-game. Meanwhile it's a simple, effective and possibly hilarious way to end an argument with that annoying guy in spec. You know who I'm talking about. Do you think this is going too far?

As you can see, most of these are pretty much just frivolous nonsense, but it gives the big stacks something to spend money on... prestige buys. Stuff that honors zone traditions or customs would be a big plus. Opinions on or modifications to anything appreciated. Good original ideas that aren't too involved to implement even more appreciated.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

Random suggestions:

!donate random: ______ this will give money to a random player in pub. Message could be displayed: someone's about to get 10k.... 5 seconds later the bot picks a player.

(Biggish idea) Squad funds: donate money into your TWD squads account (will only work if you are on the squads roster on TWD website). Once it's in your squads account you can't get it back out. With this money captains can set a price in TWD and pay players (out of squad fund) for playing a TWD match\ winning a match. E.g twdd match has just finished and a message will be shown: You receive $_____ for playing this match (which will go into your pub bank account)

!buy reverse (players name). Won't work on terriers. Purchase this and that players controls will be reversed for 10 seconds but can only be used once every 20 mins.

!buy world News: tells you top 5 stories from the world news. Someone will have to update this weekly (so might not work).

!buy kill x5:______ (amount of money). This will increase the rewards for each kill by x5 until the money donated has run out. The x5 bonus will work for everyone playing. So if I typed !buy kill x5:20000 the bot will add up each kill reward up until 20000 then it will stop (back to normal again). This idea would be alternative to donating money to players (could spice pub a little). Perhaps you can set the reward so u can have x2 money per kill up to x10 per kill.

!buy rock paper sissors:amount. (Gamble). After typing this command it will state Fork wishes to play rock paper sissors for ______ amount. If someone else types !accept fork then both fork and another player will be allocated rock\paper\sissors and winner gets all. (Only work if the accepting player has that much to gamble and people in pub can see what was allocated to each player and what was won.

!buy predict game duration: Predict how long you think the next round will last and be within 10 seconds either side to win. Your prediction will be of the next round (to stop people guessing when the round is almost finished).

!buy rich medals that's displayed on tw profile (year). Can be upgraded. 250k for bronze\ 500k for upgrade to silver\ 750k to upgrade to gold 1m to upgrade to diamond medal. Each upgrade will also slightly increase the rewards per kill and rewards for winning a round.

!buy challenge: [number of kills]:[player]:[reward].
      So if I typed !buy challenge:15:board:100k Arena is messaged with: Fork sets board a challenge to get 15 kills in a row for 100k! Gl. This idea allows people to tease other people\ creates a real challenge for whoever sets it.
      -other challenges:
      win the current match for $_____
      Earn 10k spacebux in 30 mins for $_____ (dueling not allowed or donations not included, bot would simply total up rewards from each kill + end of round rewards).

!buy double money : $______ (has to be over 100k). This is extreme gambling. You buy this and a message will be displayed to everyone fork is wishing to double 500k (10% chance he will be successful gl!). 5 seconds later arena will be messaged: Unlucky! Fork has lost 500k or Lucky sod! 500k has been doubled!. Odds will be heavily against them winning but at least will be funny to see + more spacebux will be lost than gained.

(For lazy people)
      !Buy on the move: Tells you the most recent 10 players that have joined/ left a TWD squad/ Top 5 squads

Could have a feature in pub !join a squad. Players who type this command are added to a "wanting to join a squad list". Captains could !buy or see the list of players (if any) that wish to join a squad and try and recruit them. E.G: ---Players currently wanting to join up to a squad---: Noite 2,Teapot,TOOBEAST,Krusaw,akhombre58,TerraInc

There could be a very tiny area outside pub where only those that have purchased the area can go inside: Very expensive at 1m pricetag. For those who just want to show off. (V.I.P area).

-Buy games:
      !Buy scramble (A game where you have to unscramble letters)- last 10 mins
      !Buy Acomania (You are given a few letters and you try and make a witty sentence: F A T B: Forks are the best).
      !Buy jokes: Random jokes will show up- 1 per min for 10 mins.

If someone could create a gold pub arena (make it look glamorous/ diamonds and stuff)... perhaps someone can !buy premier pub map for 1m... it will last about a week.

My favourite idea:
      I know some people will work for this: Buy a squad name/ account. There could be a list of really good squad names up for sale for mega expensive prices. I.e 15m for squadname Zoo/ crash. Price depends on squad name. If somehow them list of *unknown squads can be unlocked- tw staff can put them on the market for silly amount of spacebux and im sure this will be a huge incentive for people to work hard for.
      Last edited by Fork; 01-14-2016, 07:47 AM.
      1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Yes to rock paper scissors please. Years of training will finally pay off.
        7:Ruhe In Frieden> wiat, how come everyone said jill was lebanese?
        7:raizin> LESBIAN, NOT LEANESE
        7:Almalexia> LOLIRL
        7:Ruhe In Frieden> lol
        7:CROW_CAW_CAW_CAW> hahah
        7:Berlin Wall> rofl

Comment

Originally posted by Fork View Post
          Random suggestions
          Just wanted to say, thanks for all of these. You're the king of churning out ideas, as always. A credit to the SS community.

Many are pretty easy to put in and would be pretty fun. I'll definitely take a look at adding some over time. And if there's interest, some of the more difficult-to-implement as well.

Both !buy joke and !buy skill would need a lot of input, though... easy to put in but they need a pretty decent sized list in order to work. I could work with a joke database I guess. But the !skill bit can only come from SS players, so that probably means nobody'll bother.

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
            Just wanted to say, thanks for all of these. You're the king of churning out ideas, as always.
            qan i haf gr8 idea 4 u 2. pls hear me out b4 u deny it.

maybe we shud get together a buncha fgts n newbies n have them represent the community. it wud b checks n balance system 2 staff. it wud b our own jedi council....our tw council. lemme know wat u think thx.
            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
              qan i haf gr8 idea 4 u 2. pls hear me out b4 u deny it.

maybe we shud get together a buncha fgts n newbies n have them represent the community. it wud b checks n balance system 2 staff. it wud b our own jedi council....our tw council. lemme know wat u think thx.
              Good idea, +1. czech ur imbox

But it would never work, for a couple of reasons.

- Hard to keep specific people active for any length of time, reliably show up at certain times, not play league games during the only possible meeting times (which are also the main active league times)
              - Hard to get people to invest in an overly-complicated system designed for real-world legislation

Instead I'd suggest we work on some basic, good-new-fashioned direct democracy. As time passes, the number of active members of the community who haven't at some point been staff (and consequently, have probably suffered under the agonizing process of getting anything done on staff) grows pretty small. If we're all pretty much staff anyway, or have been around long enough to know what's going on, at least, why not actually just vote individually on what to do in the zone. Eh? Granted, if it needs implementing, you still gotta find the suc--, er, coder to take care of it. But it's a start at any rate.

Comment

i nominate qan for all our bot needs 2016
                The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Quick update on this:
                  • !buy event added. !buy event:amount to indicate you will pay amount for that event to be hosted.
                  • !buy tea added. !buy tealayer or !buy tea:? for a random player. Includes fancy tea graphic and sound.
                  • !buy shoutout added with accompanying graphic.
                  • !buy stfu re-added, but with just 3 minutes. Enter in game to avoid this filter.
                  • !donate ? is in, to allow you to donate to a random person in the arena. It must be more than 10K in order to send an arena msg.

Definitely planning on doing rps. Pretty easy, and could be fun. Here in Japan we call it janken, and it's used about 50 times as often as in the west, in order to resolve disputes between anyone under the age of 30.

Comment

what about a lottery?
                    sigpic

Comment

!buy bounty (not the bounty of course but it randomly places a bounty of choosing on someone)
                      !buy terr (buys a terr for your team to sit some where in base when teams are unbal and have no terr)
                      !buy blackhole or warpbomb what ever name sounds better anyway acts like a mine cept its a warp gate lasts i dono 1 minute or something and can be put anywhere a mine can. Warps someone to another part of map when they hit it rather than kill.
                      !buy ZH (buys you a zh to talk to and maybe host a game) 1k per minute lolz)
                      !buy southphilly ports everyone not on main freq outside of base to bottom safe

Jokes hmm
                      Knu you would say that?
                      That shot was wicket?
                      We are in a qandary?

alright i'm out

Comment

!buy nofknlevis

bans levis for a week or a month
                        LF> Winners of killothon are obviously best players in the zone

100+ Killothon victories

$25 Easter event winner

Real winner (stargazer ruined) $!00 step-elim

Runner up levi elim to 500 marathon

Comment

Originally posted by bandcampgirl View Post
                          !buy nofknlevis

bans levis for a week or a month

1. Levs are cute, and blue.

2. Levs L3 bombs keep the arena full of activity, with LTing, hunting, etc.

3. Who would all the newbs have to spawn if levs are banned!?!

----------------------------:ship4:---------:ship5:---------------------------
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rothe View Post
                            !buy bounty (not the bounty of course but it randomly places a bounty of choosing on someone)
                            !buy terr (buys a terr for your team to sit some where in base when teams are unbal and have no terr)
                            !buy blackhole or warpbomb what ever name sounds better anyway acts like a mine cept its a warp gate lasts i dono 1 minute or something and can be put anywhere a mine can. Warps someone to another part of map when they hit it rather than kill.
                            !buy ZH (buys you a zh to talk to and maybe host a game) 1k per minute lolz)
                            !buy southphilly ports everyone not on main freq outside of base to bottom safe

Jokes hmm
                            Knu you would say that?
                            That shot was wicket?
                            We are in a qandary?

alright i'm out

+1 for Bebop!
                            sigpic

Comment

Rock/paper/scissors

I think !rps SHOULD be working. Minimal testing. Let me know if there are problems. !rps <person>:<r/p/s>:<$>

Like !fruit, you get slightly better results if you are actively playing in game when you use it. (With !rps it should take a 1% rake from winnings of spectators and idle players.)

You can challenge all by using * instead of a person's name. Ties are not continued, and just end in a draw; challenge again if you want to resolve them. (Cut down on implementation time a lot.)

Comment

Working...
                              X