elim map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elim map

i'm rather fond of the new elimination map although it could still use some adjustments. it is, at the very least, a refreshing experience as the old map was getting dull.

it would be nice if the "do not cross" line could be pushed up to the entrances as people are still running out of base to escape certain death. i don't know why, but the fact that you can run out of base has always bothered me as it encourages players to play like little girls who are afraid to get hurt.

oh, and perhaps lower the amount of players needed for the sides to open down to, say, 12 or 15 as it is still set to 20 if i'm not mistaken, and while i'm on the topic of the bigger javelin map: the side entrances don't work right now. looks like someone used wrong door type there.

thanks anyway, appreciate the changes.

Thanks for the feedback, turb.

I've fixed the door issue. The other stuff is in Upster's court. (Referred him over this way.)
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
      i'm rather fond of the new elimination map although it could still use some adjustments. it is, at the very least, a refreshing experience as the old map was getting dull.

it would be nice if the "do not cross" line could be pushed up to the entrances as people are still running out of base to escape certain death. i don't know why, but the fact that you can run out of base has always bothered me as it encourages players to play like little girls who are afraid to get hurt.

oh, and perhaps lower the amount of players needed for the sides to open down to, say, 12 or 15 as it is still set to 20 if i'm not mistaken, and while i'm on the topic of the bigger javelin map: the side entrances don't work right now. looks like someone used wrong door type there.

thanks anyway, appreciate the changes.
      Unless 1 vs 1, i don't actually mind people running out of base because it seems very cramped in base anyway (which I like) and ppl seem to die alot quicker. What I do suggest is... Is it possible for the line to move up when it comes to 1 vs 1? Good stuff anyway
      1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Line was moved up (would be tricky to move it up based on 1v1 or not). Can see how it works out.

The practice arenas are in now. I'm curious how they play. My initial guess is that the Jav one is a little bit large. Since dying in the prac arena doesn't alter record in any way, and isn't recorded, I was thinking that it might not be bad to have slightly more cramped quarters, where you would run across other players regularly. Spawning would become more common, but, again, nothing recorded in a practice arena, so occasional cheap deaths would be a small cost when traded for more action.

I'm going to put in an experimental change where all players who die are automatically placed in the practice arena. This might be a little confusing at first, because people are used to getting spec'd after death instead of warped somewhere else. But I think it could do a lot to keep elim population and interest going between rounds. If they want to watch the others spar, it's not hard to simply spec from there. Meanwhile, because increased practice arena use will mean it's harder to see how many are left in the game just from looking at the player list, every time a player is eliminated, it now will tell you how many people remain.
        "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
          Line was moved up (would be tricky to move it up based on 1v1 or not). Can see how it works out.

The practice arenas are in now. I'm curious how they play. My initial guess is that the Jav one is a little bit large. Since dying in the prac arena doesn't alter record in any way, and isn't recorded, I was thinking that it might not be bad to have slightly more cramped quarters, where you would run across other players regularly. Spawning would become more common, but, again, nothing recorded in a practice arena, so occasional cheap deaths would be a small cost when traded for more action.

I'm going to put in an experimental change where all players who die are automatically placed in the practice arena. This might be a little confusing at first, because people are used to getting spec'd after death instead of warped somewhere else. But I think it could do a lot to keep elim population and interest going between rounds. If they want to watch the others spar, it's not hard to simply spec from there. Meanwhile, because increased practice arena use will mean it's harder to see how many are left in the game just from looking at the player list, every time a player is eliminated, it now will tell you how many people remain.
          Practice arena needs to be the same as the regular elim map, otherwise there is no point in practicing imo.
          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
          Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by kim
            map
            I think getting the map from ?go javs would be the best option here.
            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Kim View Post
              Practice arena needs to be the same as the regular elim map, otherwise there is no point in practicing imo.
              It's basically the same map, but mirrored and double the size. You spawn inside the base rather than in a spawn area, because the need to avoid spawnkilling is not great. Though, maybe that in and of itself is a mistake... because approaching the base and getting in safely is part of the game, and part of what people need to practice. Hmmm.

Originally posted by Jones
              I think getting the map from ?go javs would be the best option here
              I don't know much of the difference personally, as I don't play a lot anymore, and often stick to pub when I do. It's a big weakness, but unfortunately it's pretty hard to have a job, be a developer for TW, and also play the various areas competitively. Do you have thoughts on the merits of the old elim javs area, ?go javs, twjd, and the current map? (Some of those might be the same. I really don't know.)

Comment

Things to consider?

I think the pract arena (especially for the jav) should be made alot smaller (like a quarter of the size it currently is) so people are constantly near each other to increase the fun. The perfect scenario would be, if an elim game is playing, players try and enter as normal using ESC and 2 or 1 and automatically be warped in the practice arena instead of typing !practice to the bot to enter (I know many people are too lazy even to type the command u see lol). I did speak to up in ya about it and he feels it's too hard to be done unfortunately.
                -remember in ?go Tourney when the pract area (before walls were added around safe) was extremely tiny and everyone was trying to spawn each other like crazy before the game would start proving even the smallest of arenas could be fun if a safe was present.

A small safe in the pract arenas? For those who gtg toilet or something but want to remain in the arena and not get spawned out.

Also I'm not sure if players who are in the jav practice arenas should be automatically warped in the elim map if a wardbird elim match is about to start (yes they should be warped if the pract ship is the same as the ship that's going to start in elim). Perhaps people in pract arenas could type a command to stay in the pract arenas: A jav elim is about to start in 30 seconds, type to bot !stay to remain in the pract arena. This way if a player, in the pract arena, whos playing a jav (wants to only jav) gets automatically warped for the wardbird game, then they don't have to spec (and causes them to leave the arena or afk). This applies to someone in pract WB arena before a jav elim is about to start.
                Last edited by Fork; 03-09-2016, 03:50 AM.
                1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Working...
                X