Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Decision

Based on the game host, the order of events as I understand it follows:

1. The game starts with two legal lines. Kamikaze is down 6v8.
    2. Skatarius adds Pressure (not in TWDT) and Wax (illegal 7-star borrow)
    3. The game is now 8v8. At the time of the addition Tiny has a perfectly legal 8-man team in.
    4. Mad Jack lags out. Tiny subs in Rui (a 6-star from Kamikaze) for a minute.
    5. Tiny subs Rui back out.

This is my interpretation of the timeline as it relates to a decision on the appeal:

1. The game starts with two legal lines. Kamikaze is down 6v8.
    2. Skatarius adds Pressure (not in TWDT) and Wax (illegal 7-star borrow)
    3. The game is now 8v8. At the time of the addition Tiny has a perfectly legal 8-man team in.
    At this point, Tiny has a legal line in, and Skatarius forfeits the game by adding Pressure and Wax. In my estimation, everything after this point is irrelevant, as the game is over. Given our limited resources the host was in the game at the time and not checking the star sheets, but this is not a point of legal contention as Hosts often spot the illegal add after the games are finished, and I forfeit the match as a result on the Sunday or the Monday (this has already happened this season twice, but in both instances the offending team lost, so no action was needed. See here: http://goo.gl/xmaLFV)

4. Mad Jack lags out. Tiny subs in Rui (a 6-star from Kamikaze) for a minute.
    5. Tiny subs Rui back out.
    Tiny's illegal substitution occurs well after the game was already forfeited by Skatarius, and I don't think is relevant. If the error was immediately caught, and the team's wanted to continue to play after a game is forfeited because it's fun, we wouldn't say "Tiny illegally subbed someone in, they're both in error!", we'd say "the game was already lost, it doesn't matter."

The timeline has been clearly established that the game was forfeited early on while Tiny had a legal 8-man line in, and therefore Kamikaze forfeits this match, and I award the victory to Paddington.

-----

Additional points of clarification:

A. Tiny's point of contention that starting 2 player's down is a forfeit is incorrect. The rule follows the old TWL and TWD bots where you forfeit the round if you have only 3 players in TWDD or TWJD in a 5 player game (2 player's down). In TWBD, you could play with 6 players, but would forfeit if only 5 showed (3 players down). I neglected to write the rule for basing, and only added the wb/jav part to the Rules section.

You do not forfeit matches starting with 6 or more players in TWDT-B, and 4 or more players in TWDT-D/TWDT-J.

B. It is against the rules to add a borrowed player from the opposing team. The rules were murky on this in past years but we'd agreed with captains it would clearly be a violation for this season and going forward. I forgot to specifically write this clause into the rules section, but I will add an addendum to the post after this.

-----

EDIT: Err, from Jerome's logs, it looks like Pressure was added to the starting line, not subbed in. Either way, the logs show Rui was subbed in late, well after the game was forfeited, and doesn't affect the decision.
    Last edited by ogron; 02-14-2016, 10:55 PM.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
    X