warbirds 101 how to chase (3v1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warbirds 101 how to chase (3v1)

Ok, so you're chasing 1 guy and you have 2 teammates left. What you want to do is to cut off his escape path:

Right until he hits the upper-left corner. Don't get greedy on those kills. If you see an opening, take it! In most cases though, the nearest one should "draw" the guys shot so his teammates can move in for the kill.

Let's make warbirds great again!
    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

I escape those usually tho Jones=)

Comment

Not gonna happen vs. a good team. be lucky if you get 1 kill here.

I made a mistake though. Lower-left circle should follow the blue circle.

If you make it through this, flew, you need to play vs. better opponents that utilize this tactic. I know [Rage] didn't.

Not trying anything towards the way you play, this is simply what I've gathered throughout the years of playing. As I said in another thread the game is always flowing so if you're very good you can suicide or even escape!

However, you shouldn't be able to.
      Last edited by Jones; 03-25-2016, 04:43 AM.

Comment

better than Spacely tutorials

Comment

warbirds 101 how to chase (4v2)

Jones has inspired me to share as well. Here's what I learned playing on Paladen for two seasons.

top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
            Jones has inspired me to share as well. Here's what I learned playing on Paladen for two seasons.

Whose fault is it that you were on paladin for 2 seasons?
            President of ?Go wbduel
            Hero of ?go Bug
            Trivia Master of ?go pub
            M3 student doctor (MD/MBA)
            Fide Candidate Master 2262 elo
            Solved over 600 evil sudokus (avrg time 6 mins)
            Future Trenchwars Sysop 2050
            Returning Dec 2017

Comment

How to evade the 3v1:

Tip #1: Make them shoot AT you. (i.e. always make them turn their ship and aim at you. don't give them a shot where you are just crossing their line)

This requires you to:
              Anticipate the line they are going to take the cut you off.
              Energy management. Don't panic.
              Sometimes all it takes is for you to stop for a second or two, gain some energy, boost for a second or two, stop again when safe for a second, boost.

Newbies will take bad shots, newbie-intermediate players will fly right at you and try to make you miss so their teammates can take the glory and clean up, intermediate players will try to cut you off and make you cross their line, pros will shoot at you and be pretty accurate, legends will shoot at you + be accurate + give themselves room to evade if they miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                ....I made a mistake though. Lower-left circle should follow the blue circle....
                actually the middle one should follow the target when there is 3 it shouldn't matter if you against the wall left ship contains left right ship contains right and the middle one follows his path. if ship names are left to right 1 2 3 and target is heading north east. ship number 3 would be cutting him off and also powermanage his team because he has a much short path then ship 1 who has to circle long way around to hold containment and a little longer then ship 2 who is just following the targets path

jones strategy flaw is if 2 and 3 cutting off to the northeast sooner or later because of lower power keeping up with 2,3 ship 1 will make for a cutoff vector to gain some ground when target ship notices this situation he changes course from north east to north west and it then forces all 3 ships to cross each other adjusting their formation giving the target a pop shot at all 3 of you in the cross

do not get greedy is right because not only do you need to keep target contained you have to powermanage all 3 ships power
                %killed says "eat,lagged,lamed,lucked,caught,strayed,spawned,te amed,typekill,vulched,rock,newbed,lol,fluke,ooops, wooops..." wa wa wa stfu

most wins/kills in old elim database

rank ---name --rate --wins-- games---- kills ---- deaths --ave
                4426 - Spacely--230 --14819 --89734-- 516061-- 670940-- 311

Comment

2 v 2 pro formation tip also works for 3v3 3v2 4v4 and possibly 2v3

formation 2v2 lets say the 4 corners of a rectangle 2 left dots one team 2 rights the other.

we are the 2 left dots try to keep each other on the very edge of screen can just see each other. and is simple while backpedaling fighting the other team if I am left bottom I want to shoot at teammates rusher the top right and he top left so shoot at bottom right

the reason being besides enemy not expecting a bullet to come from this angle there are two advantages 1shooting at the opposite corner leaves you at a better angle to dodge bullets from the corner same side as you because when you turn your nose to shoot the one on same side you at a bad position to dodge. 2 is because you shooting at the opposite corner the one on same side rushing you don't really see or 3d sound hear the shot you take so they can't hard rush you.

some haters will say I am wrong but this is the most efficient way to play 2v2
                  %killed says "eat,lagged,lamed,lucked,caught,strayed,spawned,te amed,typekill,vulched,rock,newbed,lol,fluke,ooops, wooops..." wa wa wa stfu

most wins/kills in old elim database

rank ---name --rate --wins-- games---- kills ---- deaths --ave
                  4426 - Spacely--230 --14819 --89734-- 516061-- 670940-- 311

Comment

Originally posted by Spacely View Post
                    Originally posted by jones
                    ....I made a mistake though. Lower-left circle should follow the blue circle....
                    Good catch, yes I forgot to mention that.

In my example I was thinking of when people are chasing a guy at full speed. Basically, in this example when you're chasing a guy at the end you want to box the guy in like so:

...Rather than charging right at him. Of course in isolated examples like this it is easier to come up with different theories but it is different when playing.

Comment

Working...
                    X