No announcement yet.

TWD Rating System info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jokes of changing the title aside (I took it on myself to do it because I'm the main guy holding it back), we're looking to roll this out this weekend, when milosh and I will both be around.

Expect bugs.

Sorry it's taken damn near forever. Full time job, had a girlfriend and am now dealing with the inevitable aftermath, Japan expat community knows how to party, etc. etc. etc. Bottom line is that it was a big undertaking -- just the planning stage took hours and hours; we have an email thread with 30+ replies in it, and that included no real implementation details -- and some of it wasn't pleasant.

We'll be advancing the TWD season shortly to accommodate the new stats. We also MAY need to reset/replay the season after the bugs are worked out. But it'll be critical that we get some games going so we can test it, so please try to give it a whirl, eh?
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

sounds cool i have a few things for you guys to consider that could be irrelivant.

rung vs rating. although they kinda reflect eachother i would hope theres no way to calculate that someone could possibly lose a rung for winning a match because they played low rated players. also i would hope you can lose a max of 1 rung per loss

time in game calculations. i would hope if time is a factor that it is based off the % of total game time the round lasted and not vs the max amount of time a game can last

if time calculates then possibly to weed out the no teaming runners/snipers you can utilize the R1 R2 R3 R4. i know would be complex to code it into the calculations but could make a some higher lines of code that would say if someone snipes/runs all match and dies last but has all R4 R3 kills with maybe 1 or 2 R1 R2 they picked up suicide 1v4 then whatever rating they would recieve would get nerfed depending on whatever you guys determine using the R1 R2 R3 R4

could possibly add all the R1 R2 R3 R4 kills for the team and see what % of what they have to try to determine something? i dunno what but could be used for something maybe

also the R1-4 they have for each round would be nice if each player profile added thoses up for total of all games you played for scouting perpouses to help determine rushers and snipers

thats all i can think of now but i am glad you guys are working on this type of stuff

thank you for your time
      %killed says "eat,lagged,lamed,lucked,caught,strayed,spawned,te amed,typekill,vulched,rock,newbed,lol,fluke,ooops, wooops..." wa wa wa stfu

most wins/kills in old elim database

rank ---name --rate --wins-- games---- kills ---- deaths --ave
      4426 - Spacely--230 --14819 --89734-- 516061-- 670940-- 311

Comment

Working...
      X