Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT Finals Schedule

top 100 basers list

Congratulations to Terrorist (TWDT-D, TWDT-J, TWDT-B), Paddington (TWDT-D, TWDT-J), and Baratheon (TWDT-B) on advancing to the Finals!

Terrorist will look to become the first squad to triple crown TWDT since dun vs me managed the feat in 2011 this Sunday. Many have attempted the climb, but only one has ever reached the summit, with Power (2015), dun vs me (2013), and Top5Squad (2008) reaching all three finals, but unable to achieve the coup.

Silence was shockingly ousted from all three leagues after a stellar season, no thanks to losing much preferable Semi-Finals matchups due to the zone going down and likely costing them the #1 seed. Commodo was once again an apt leader, but will not be able to defend his TWDT-D and TWDT-J titles from 2015. Blooms exited TWDT-B in an unsurprising loss to Terrorist, after a season plagued by no shows, yet would have easily made the TWDT-J Finals had they not lost a heartbreaking 50-46 Quarter-Finals round 3 to Paddington the week prior. Maketso performed admirably as Captain of his squad despite a string of bad luck with a poor draft spot and his first pick not able to play all season.

One of either Baratheon or Terrorist will become the first squad in TWDT-B history to repeat as champion, as they meet in the playoffs for the second time, with Baratheon getting the better of them in the 2013 Quarter-Finals.

Terrorist will also be seeking to tie or surpass dun vs me as the winningest TWDT team of all-time. Here are the current leaders:

dun vs me (4)
    Power (2)
    Terrorist (2)
    Silence (2)
    Ruby (2)
    Top5Squad (2)
    Thunder* (2)
    Freq Out (2)
    Spiral** (2)
    Baratheon (1)
    Patouf (1)
    Tool (1)
    Soul Milk (1)
    Candy King (1)
    Team Randedl (1)
    Team Anon (1)
    Team A2M (1)
    Woot (1)
    Burger Nipples (1)
    The Jonah Takaluas (1)
    Propane Nightmares (1)

* Combining Ease's titles as captain of both Thunder and Underground
    ** Combining Burnt's titles as captain of both Spiral and Revenge

Thanks to everyone for participating. Hope to see you all next Sunday for the Finals!
    Last edited by ogron; 03-14-2016, 08:27 AM.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

Please note that the Finals may be 2/3/4 pm and not 3/4/5 pm for certain areas that do not adhere to DST (some parts of North America and Europe), so be aware that games might be one hour earlier for you. Most of Canada and the USA have lost an hour, but a few countries and areas have not, so take that into account.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Paddington was the only team to beat silence in TWDT-J dring regular season. Now repeated it in playoffs.
        With that in mind, it went as it should've.
        3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
        3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
        3:i.d.> da fk is that?
        3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
        3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
        3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
        3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
        3:Shadowmere> LOL
        3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
        Shadowmere> Rofl
        Up in ya !> With his feet
        Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
        Up in ya !> l44t feet
        Deft> l44t f44t*
        Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
        Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Thanks to everyone on my team who managed to turn up– and thanks to Ogron for hosting another great season. But a special thanks to Shadowmere, whose forum posts have been a true testament to dignity, joy and laughter. You make this community, Sertifi. Here's a compendium of your best moments:

Originally posted by Shadowmere
          What an awful writeup - where a player went 16-10, 14-6 and sharked his team to 2-1 week against more difficult opponents than others - didn't even get honorable mention.

Dislike.

EDIT: I will remind you what I said last year: Someone who does good in D and J will never get player of the week or honorable mention if they shark in basing, because you will completely ignore them over spiders who have a decent score. You trash!

Just realized I'm working over this weekend's TWDT games. Rip Paddington and #1 wb & jav

Paddington was the only team to beat silence in TWDT-J dring regular season. Now repeated it in playoffs. With that in mind, it went as it should've.

You didn't MVP TWDTD though. But I'll give you Most Egoistic Player of the week.

Though I know the reason for our major choke start was Tiny's inability to kill anything for the first 15 minutes, while maketso managed double everything Tiny did.

Would just like to point out last week turban went 6-10 with "cheat res", and Mythril did 10-10.So hugely advantageous.

RIP having to take melatonin before TWDT-J started. Was yawning from the start and couldn't do more.
          Last edited by MHz; 03-14-2016, 07:41 AM.
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Glad you enjoy!
            3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
            3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
            3:i.d.> da fk is that?
            3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
            3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
            3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
            3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
            3:Shadowmere> LOL
            3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
            Shadowmere> Rofl
            Up in ya !> With his feet
            Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
            Up in ya !> l44t feet
            Deft> l44t f44t*
            Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
            Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowmere View Post
              Glad you enjoy!