Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The announcement that dreamwin screenshot in to here has been there in plain sight the whole time lol...you can't now honestly think it's a conspiracy so paladen cant make twl haha.

I didn't say you haven't legally qualified, it's just for like the last....4 seasons or so, you write a whining post about paladen not making it in or being cheated out or some excuse, so this is now your annual pre-twl post
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Stop feeding your own words to my mouth. I never said a thing about a conspiracy. Just stop.. and every post I've made in the past were over valid issues and you call it "whining" . your as bad as a cop who beats someone and says stop resisting while doing it and then charges them with assault...sigh. So sorry I participate in the process Ricko. Twerp...
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Turb also suggested this: Have a regular TWL season, with double the games (like s19) for all three leagues. So 14 regular season games in 7 weeks.

The trick is this: instead of playing each squad twice, have the good squads play each other three times, and the bad squads once (and if any squads are perfectly in the middle, maybe play them twice, you can tinker a bit.) Conversely, the lower-tier squads play each other three times, and play the powerhouse squads once.

This means you have competitive matches in every league every week, instead of these weird schedules where you don't play anyone relevant for 3 weeks in a row and just afk. You get 3 points for a win vs a good squad, 2 for any medium squads, and 1 pt for beating a lower tier squad.

Playoffs, you seed the teams 1 through 8 from the regular season standings, then proceed to a normal top bracket semis, and finals to determine the TWL champions. You also have the additional option of having a lower-bracket final between the weaker teams to which you could award a medal (like the TWIC medal since that doesnt seem to be happening this year.)

It would look something like this:

top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
          Turb also suggested this: Have a regular TWL season, with double the games (like s19) for all three leagues. So 14 regular season games in 7 weeks.

The trick is this: instead of playing each squad twice, have the good squads play each other three times, and the bad squads once (and if any squads are perfectly in the middle, maybe play them twice, you can tinker a bit.) Conversely, the lower-tier squads play each other three times, and play the powerhouse squads once.

This means you have competitive matches in every league every week, instead of these weird schedules where you don't play anyone relevant for 3 weeks in a row and just afk. You get 3 points for a win vs a good squad, 2 for any medium squads, and 1 pt for beating a lower tier squad.

Playoffs, you seed the teams 1 through 8 from the regular season standings, then proceed to a normal top bracket semis, and finals to determine the TWL champions. You also have the additional option of having a lower-bracket final between the weaker teams to which you could award a medal (like the TWIC medal since that doesnt seem to be happening this year.)

Pretty interesting idea and I would be open to trying something new this year.. I've also posted my playoff double elimination idea too in previous threads which I think is a more fair way to go than the bracket setup was for playoffs last year. We should DEF get the playoff elimination bracket set up before they take place if possible. As I say let's just get some rules out .. make it apparent... so squads competing know wtf is going on.

The one part I didn't what you wrote was .... "This means you have competitive matches in every league every week, instead of these weird schedules where you don't play anyone relevant for 3 weeks in a row and just afk." Sigh ........lol We are all relevant.. you guys in top squads need to show some more respect to the lower squads and stop interjecting your ego's when talking about TWL....make the league fun the entire community interested in it. This type open swagger by people in charge in top levels is a bit troubling to me. Half joking with u clause as far as this one line you made lol ..u do a lot and I respect for that. .. but to every1 in charge don't forget 8 squads is a good number for a semi healthy tournament with more percentage of our population involved having enjoyment from it which is the true reason we have TWL. or should be.. I guess a real question now could be made to move TWL to a 4 or 5 squad event.... but I'd strongly object to it.. not only as a player but as a patron to the game.

Anyways.. I'm all open to a new type of schedule as long as it is balanced properly. Something like this could work.
          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

one of the things that should be taken into consideration is that no one wants to play a long regular season and just a short 3 round match in playoffs.
            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Jessup. Just stfu, dissolve the squad, remake the squad so you have 1000pts, lose 20 games so u have 756 points again and than make the playoffs because rip cant show 5 players. Newb.

Sup Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                The announcement that dreamwin screenshot in to here has been there in plain sight the whole time lol...you can't now honestly think it's a conspiracy so paladen cant make twl haha.

I didn't say you haven't legally qualified, it's just for like the last....4 seasons or so, you write a whining post about paladen not making it in or being cheated out or some excuse, so this is now your annual pre-twl post
                The bolded seems strangely familiar to me/lego. Remember the Paladen/Lego debacle couple years ago? Yea...
                TWLD Champion 2014
                TWDTB Champion 2013
                TWDTB Champion 2016
                TWDTB Champion 2017
                TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                  Stop feeding your own words to my mouth. I never said a thing about a conspiracy. Just stop..
                  The below post strongly suggests you think DW made up the screenshot or likewise, aka, a conspiracy.

LOL on twd site yesterday this was not visible or up and it appears miraculously today.........I scrolled through the history too and it was no where to be seen....
                  your as bad as a cop who beats someone and says stop resisting while doing it and then charges them with assault...sigh. So sorry I participate in the process Ricko. Twerp...
                  This analogy literally has nothing to do with anything being mentioned, at all. I said the final twd reset was announced ages ago, you're on 756 twd pts and you have a month to sort it out and if you cant get up to around 1000 pts then you don't deserve a spot in TWL... Paladen is more than capable of pulling up its socks and getting there, you'd have more chance if you just got on with it rather than forum posting with excuses a whole month in advance. All Paladen would need is about 10 wins against decent competition to shoot up the ladder.
                  TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                  TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                  TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                  TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

I personally think it'd be better to keep the lower-tier squads playing vs the better squads - they might lose a few games heavily but there is no way to improve as a squad/player if you aren't getting a decent amount of exposure vs the better teams.

I've suggested numerous times that we should have a split between the best squads and the lower tier squads when it comes to the playoffs - have the top 4 teams continue into the normal TWL playoffs and have the bottom 4 enter the same system but have it called....the TWC playoffs (Trench Wars Cup, original) and they also get medals and achievements etc. It might not be as prestigious as winning TWL, but it's something the lower tier squads can genuinely be motivated for and if it could bring in a few crowds it could be fun.
                    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

I see what you're gunning at, but I don't think this would work well for several reasons:

1) You'd have to explain & justify the new system every week, because it's convoluted and very different to previous TWLs. Having a system that is easily understood is important.

2) How would we determine what a good and a bad squad is? TWD ranking seems crude. Some vets might go and help the newbie squads, and TWDT has shown us that anyone can beat anyone on the day.

3) It's unfair. Meritocracy and all that. We have TWDT and TWD for learners.
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

TWL hasnt even started yet and we already have all this negativity, can already see how this season is going to turn out! Especially if you put one of these "Ego nerds" in a TWL op position.
                        Last edited by olde; 03-27-2016, 04:18 PM. Reason: waste of time

Comment

I honestly don't see much point in making TWL any more complicated even though the premise of your suggestion is solid and could work under certain circumstances. Unfortunately it would most likely end up doing more harm than good to the zone.

My suggestion which was altered by Claushouse was slightly different:

I would have simply changed the regular season to have a best of two format in all three leagues, with all matches being scheduled in advance at set time slots. We would have a new point system for the standings, and the games would be played at 3:00 PM, 4:00 PM, and 5:00 PM EST/EDT.

To give out an example, let us assume that Thunder, Cobra, Envy, Dice, Force, Spark, Dynasty, and Lego are invited to participate the coming season. I have created an example schedule below, and to show how it works in action, all match results have been randomly projected.

It is worth noting that Best of Three format is not an option. It would potentially drag the games on for far too long, thus it would be an inconvenience for all the teams and league operators with huge delays.

Teams would receive three points for a clean win and one point for a draw. It would reward teams who manage to salvage a tie, and would also effectively double the amount of games played in a standard regular season.

These would be the final standings before the playoffs:

A week later we would have our playoffs and all teams would be invited. However, this time around the playoffs would be slightly different.

First we would be the standard playoff bracket with an upper and lower bracket. The playoffs would last for a total of five weeks.

In addition to the standard double elimination playoffs, we could have a new playoff bracket called the Challenger Bracket. These teams would effectively compete for the fourth place finish for the chance of getting a title.

I don't know if this would generate extra interest for the teams that have little-to-no chance to actually win the championship title, but it could work.

It is not really possible to make the regular season highly competitive without taking away some important aspects from the league, so it probably is better to focus on having a good playoff format instead.

just my two cents with the quick suggestion.
                          Last edited by Turban; 03-27-2016, 11:47 AM.

Comment

also, I honestly feel teams don't need large rosters to compete -- so, stricter roster limits (which likely should be applied to TWD as well) would be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                              also, I honestly feel teams don't need large rosters to compete -- so, stricter roster limits (which likely should be applied to TWD as well) would be needed.
                              Exactly man! I'd like to see really strict caps. And take away 3v3. Make it 4v4 again
                              Geio> Down to chill and play that
                              Best> rather log off and attempt to suck my own d

Comment

Does the two-game series have to be played the same week?

To me, the worst part about the regular season are the long lulls between facing top-tier opponents. What was nice about last season (despite it being too short) and s19 was there was almost always something to look forward to every week when you have two games against two different opponents in every division.

Moreover, if you're missing key players one week, having both your games against the same opponent is doubly crushing.

I don't really care too much what the format is, but I would really like to see two games per week against two different opponents in basing.
                                top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                                X