Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TWD player borrowing

TWD player borrowing

Since TWL is rapidly approaching (even if it hasn't been decided when it starts yet) and TWL pretty much kills TWD:

Add player borrowing feature to TWD. For dd/jd you could borrow 1 player, for bd 2 (or more, up for debate). Alternatively only allow borrowing for basing since dd/jd requires just 3 players nowadays.

Often when your squad manages to scrape enough players together for a game you can't find an opponent (especially for TWBD). And by the time you get an opponent someone has logged off. Or you get challenged but you're missing a player or 2. This would alleviate that problem and boost TWD activity.

Rating could be disabled for matches with borrowed players in, if it is deemed to be a problem. Maybe add a command to the bot that both teams have to agree for borrowed players to be allowed in the game.
    Violence> lag cheating niggir
    JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
    JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
    mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
    mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick
    Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

worth a shot.

this has been suggested several times, and honestly no one else seems to have a better plan to improve TWD activity during TWL seasons. so, why not?

I approve, especially if there is a way that it can't affect anything TWL related and boosts twd activity during twl
    Last edited by Ricko; 03-27-2016 at 11:29 AM.
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Added benefits:
    Allows returning players and newbies to play TWD without joining a squad.
    Allows people like Solace who don't want to join squads to BD occasionally.
    Allows squads to not have to try to recruit random ppl to have 1-2 players for a BD.
    Allows people to TWD with people they haven't TWD'd with before.
    Allows people to TWD with friends on other squads.

seems like a lot of new programming for a mediocre idea? also if you're borrowing a player then you're just hurting the other squads' chances of getting a game
    Captain of the most winningest team in TWDT history - Power

Quote Originally Posted by zidane View Post
    seems like a lot of new programming
    Maybe it is. Up to the player base to decide if it's worth pursuing and if we actually have coders willing to make it happen.

mediocre idea
    If you have a better idea for making TWD more active, then post it.

if you're borrowing a player then you're just hurting the other squads' chances of getting a game
    I don't agree with that. First of all the player being borrowed has to agree to being borrowed. Second of all if this system is in place then subbing a player becomes much easier. Third of all if you know your squad is about to play then don't accept being borrowed. Fourth of all the player being borrowed doesn't even have to be in a TWD squad (though the player very likely will be in one). Fifth of all borrowing would be a completely optional feature that both teams would have to agree upon.

you need to be on a twd roster to get added into twd games, so you would need to bypass that or start using different bots in these borrowed player games. there is no ideas for making twd more active other than more people returning to the game.

lol it doesnt change the fact that if you borrow a player your squad has 1 less person on, it kind of defeats the purpose of being on a squad. it sounds like you want to play go base in a twbd match... why not just go base?

lol it doesnt change the fact that if you borrow a player your squad has 1 less person on, it kind of defeats the purpose of being on a squad.
    1 TWD game takes how long? If we're talking BD's then 30 mins max is how long you are "out" a player. Unless he gets subbed. And like I said subbing people in/out would be so much easier this is basically a non issue. And again both sides would have to agree to using borrowed players. And as squad captain/Hitler you can tell your players to not agree to being borrowed right now/ever.

About 90% of time spent in TWD is not actually playing the game. The time is used to getting your players to beep and then trying to find someone to play against. How often do both of those things happen these days? How many times have you been trying to BD and you are missing 1-2 players or your opponent is?

sounds like you want to play go base in a twbd match... why not just go base?
    Because ?go base is almost like pub. And you can get random ppl capping it making horrible games. And you get people being afk/leaving/spamming/specialing and all sorts of stupid shit.

Can you not see the difference between a ?go base game and a TWBD with 1 to 4 borrowed players?

its the most feasible idea to improve twd activity ive seen so far. i think we can avoid the bot programming issues by just having a separate arena for these games to be played in. that would also separate these types of games from actual twd games.
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

5:Eggboy32> easier is to pee in bucket and drop it on ur head and let it soak down

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Klean-X> because i am armenian
    wicket666> its american

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Seal View Post
    its the most feasible idea to improve twd activity ive seen so far. i think we can avoid the bot programming issues by just having a separate arena for these games to be played in. that would also separate these types of games from actual twd games.
    Quote Originally Posted by trasher
    Because ?go base is almost like pub. And you can get random ppl capping it making horrible games. And you get people being afk/leaving/spamming/specialing and all sorts of stupid shit.

Can you not see the difference between a ?go base game and a TWBD with 1 to 4 borrowed players?
    yeah just startup base2 with staffs help and start adding players from your own squad. just make sure the one who caps it doesn't start adding "extras" before adding whatever number of people your squad has online. easy to organize a "semi-decent" basegame
    Last edited by Jones; 03-27-2016 at 05:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerome
    can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

I wouldn't mind if there was incentive created to allow squads to borrow other players. I wouldn't mind if u have to pay to borrow these players. You earn your cash in pub (incentive to play pub) then donate it to squad... then comes a TWD match and certain players can be bought for certain amount per game. Better start working and playing pub! TBH it would require too much coding but o well.

Prob is with only selected people double squadding, people will prob say: "if he's allowed to double squad why can't i?" attitude.
    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    yeah just startup base2 with staffs help and start adding players from your own squad. just make sure the one who caps it doesn't start adding "extras" before adding whatever number of people your squad has online. easy to organize a "semi-decent" basegame
    And I almost never see games like that. You would have to actually beep for a base game inside your squad, then find a staffer, then find a semi competent captain to vs and then hopefully he can get players as well. And they'd have to be good players and players who's egos won't start clashing mid game if they're doing badly. And then you have the ppl in spec whining why they aren't in.

And then all of that effort dissolves into nothing after 10-20 mins since ?go base is to 10 min. It's not as easy or efficient as you make it sound. No one bothers to go through all that effort.

With player "borrowing" in place everything would be controlled, organized and easy.

Nowadays you often see ppl trying to recruit 1 player so they can actually bd. With borrowing in place you can play if your squad has 5 and you won't need to go out looking for a mercenary player.

If TWL has stricter roster limits this year it will kill basing that much more. Getting 6 players online at the same time who are willing to play and aren't lagged or something is very very hard these days.

Would like to know why you personally are against it, not some half assed ?go base suggestions I always see posted on this forum which has never helped before. Do you people just want to let this game finally die for real without even TRYING anything? Why is it so bad to try something new? If not this then come up with something better. We have 3v3 dd/jd nowadays and like 0 Steam players made it into TWD. You have to play with what you've got, the game isn't going to get new players from somewhere magically. And if it actually DID get new players magically from somewhere, then we can go back to the old system. Problem?

Let's see now...why am I against it? I'm not, I can't code, I can't revamp an entire system that has been in-place for 14 years. Can you? Go ahead, I'm all for it.

I have suggested in the past that TW should expand upon the prac arenas (base, wbduel, javduel) and adopt a similar system that is in place in 4v4 (chaos zone). Where you can call !cap and be put in a queue and 4 randoms or 4 squaddies can play against 4 others. Now that we don't have such a system in place, we, as players need to take initiative and just try and start a game or idle in spec until someone logs on. I offered a different solution. Not the best, I admit.

I used to play in #mythrandir and was apart of many squadwars in #arenas. Those took some time start- thank developers we have bots these days. However, you can still get a game going without them. Do it or don't, I'm not your boss.

Also, I think you can set total flagtime required on certain bots in order to win.
    can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

Quote Originally Posted by Trasher View Post
    We have 3v3 dd/jd nowadays and like 0 Steam players made it into TWD.
    i agreed up to this point. we haven't actually launched on steam yet so this is an inaccurate statement.
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

5:Eggboy32> easier is to pee in bucket and drop it on ur head and let it soak down

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Klean-X> because i am armenian
    wicket666> its american

Let's see now...why am I against it? I'm not, I can't code, I can't revamp an entire system
    Alright. Well yeah, it does rest on the shoulders of ppl who can actually do it. And sadly neither of us is one of them.

edit: Aside from coding, doing the actual work, zid's argument about squads is the only valid argument against this idea I've heard so far.

dunno my point was it seems like a lot of work for something that might benefit very few and cause a lot of headaches/drama. twd for no points with borrowed players.... thats pretty much an organized go base/javduel. if we wanna twd more get ur old pene butt buddies back in tw

dunno my point was it seems like a lot of work for something that might benefit very few and cause a lot of headaches/drama. twd for no points with borrowed players.... thats pretty much an organized go base/javduel. if we wanna twd more get ur old pene butt buddies back in tw
    Yeah it is a lot of work and there aren't too many people in the game both capable and willing to do it. Hopefully someone steps up if this or something else is wanted by enough players.

Getting Penetrate members back to the game, yes that would be nice. Getting old people back to the game in general would be nice. But you can't force them back and people have moved on with their lives, gotten kids etc.

Support. If you're adding a player make the game worth no twd points, then yes it does turn into pretty much a go base game, but doing this will add some form of legitimacy and seriousness to it, the games will be more structured and proper, how go base is supposed to be, but isn't due to everyone treating it like it's pub.
    1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
    JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
    1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
    http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Alternatively, staff could just create 2 huge squads where people can doublesquad. just don't count the points toward twl qualification (if you're even gonna do that anymore)

Alternatively, staff could just create 2 huge squads where people can doublesquad. just don't count the points toward twl qualification (if you're even gonna do that anymore)
    I'm greatly in favour of this although make it 4 squads because I know people hate other people so give them a bigger choice what to double squad on AND if there were only 2 squads then it would be like aliased dice members vs alias thunder members (only the best will keep getting used while the rest are ornaments cept for basing).

It could be controlled too: you can only double squad on these 4 squads only and these squads could last a few months before dissolving (back to normal)

If tw activity increases quite abit then yes have 4 vs 4 otherwise keep it 3 vs 3

Final thing: perhaps u can only join these double squads if ur name is the same as your regular TWD registered name + a number or <DS>
    -eg Fork (spark). Fork1 or Fork <DS>
    This way people still know who is who. (Break the rules or impersonate then u risk not being allowed to double squad.

Anyway I could def see this working but can tw staff?
    Last edited by Fork; 03-28-2016 at 10:04 AM.
    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far