-IDEA: Adding TWL incentive-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -IDEA: Adding TWL incentive-

Just a suggestion that might increase TWL activity. So $50 could be donated or w/e (i could give some money towards it) and basically after TWL all the names that have played TWL for more than 1 second is put in a random name selector program and 1 person is randomly selected and rewarded with the money. Mayb 3 players could be randomly picked and they win a 3rd of the donated money each.

An email could be sent to everyone before TWL starts saying we are going to do this which may encourage old players to participate in TWL.

After TWL is over, the name(s) could be picked live on stream using a well know random name selector or w/e to try and make things fair.

Example of idea:

List of players who have played TWL for more than 1 sec:

Fork
    Fludd
    Poid
    Ease
    Zidane
    Stayon
    Eren
    Twilight Wolf
    M_m Dog <-lol
    Clausehouse
    Snik<

In this case EREN gets lucky!
    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

I think if we were to get a decent amount in a pot of prize money it'd be best to have it as prize money for TWL winners/runners up/overall league mvp for each league or any other ideas rather than just letting someone who played 2 rounds of twl win $50 or such
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Or alternatively, have everyone who makes each league's All Star Match receive an equal share of the money pot....but then who gets picked could be somewhat subjective
      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
        I think if we were to get a decent amount in a pot of prize money it'd be best to have it as prize money for TWL winners/runners up/overall league mvp for each league or any other ideas rather than just letting someone who played 2 rounds of twl win $50 or such
        But it wouldn't work out for many reasons:

-People will stack more on a guaranteed winning squad
        -If emails were sent to everyone saying twl squad winners will get the cash then it won't appeal as much because many players know they don't stand a chance (they've been inactive for years) so what's the point.
        -winning squad gets the cash? But is this separated between whole squad: $0.5 each? (Cant see more than $50 to be funded) It would work if a random name was selected from the winning squad.
        -Im certainly not gonna donate money knowing that basically I'm gonna give money to someone on dice or thunder but I would if everyone had equal opportunity.
        -if 3 different squads win twl then they not gonna win much at all.

I still think it's gotta be done the way I suggested:
        - more people will give twl ago that's never played twl before (this reason alone outweighs everything)
        -tempts old players that's been inactive for yrs to at least play twl for over 1 sec (to be in with a chance).
        -TWD may increase a month before twl starts because old players may wanna practice.
        -it would be more entertaining to see on live stream everyone's name whos played twl followed by mayb 3 players randomly selected as opposed to a stacked squad roster which would b boring.
        -idea is very simple and easy to implement: 0 complications at all.
        1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

we could use our TW donation money (LOL)

I honestly think people would be even less inclined to donate so someone random who could potentially have played 1-2 rounds of twl than to the winning team/best players - at least winners have somewhat earned it, even if it's due to stacking, not newb0145 who went 4-10 in 1 round and has randomly won $50....this isn't me being elitist, this is just me trying to be sensible.
          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

I like this idea. But I personally think it should be random out of the playoff starting lineups (subs included)

Comment

I dunno.. I feel like $ for winners will make it too lopsided. How about this idea.. EVERYONE gets a chance to win money who participates in TWL and plays a bit Do a random drawing for ALL names.. give the winning squad pub bux tho :P
              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                I dunno.. I feel like $ for winners will make it too lopsided. How about this idea.. EVERYONE gets a chance to win money who participates in TWL and plays a bit Do a random drawing for ALL names.. give the winning squad pub bux tho :P
                Yeh that was my idea exactly jessup heh

Comment

give the winning squad pub bux tho
                  Yeah, because the winning squad players like to play pub so often.

What comes to "play 1 second to win". I think this doesn't even have to be explained, just ridiculous way to burn money.

I dont think any $ prize will make a difference, unless we are talking about 4-fig amounts.

But I personally think it should be random out of the playoff starting lineups (subs included)
                  I actually partly agree with IVF. Something like that could work. The returning players would have a realistic goal for consistent time period.

But it wouldn't work out for many reasons:

-People will stack more on a guaranteed winning squad
                  -If emails were sent to everyone saying twl squad winners will get the cash then it won't appeal as much because many players know they don't stand a chance (they've been inactive for years) so what's the point.
                  -winning squad gets the cash? But is this separated between whole squad: $0.5 each? (Cant see more than $50 to be funded) It would work if a random name was selected from the winning squad.
                  -Im certainly not gonna donate money knowing that basically I'm gonna give money to someone on dice or thunder but I would if everyone had equal opportunity.
                  -if 3 different squads win twl then they not gonna win much at all.

I still think it's gotta be done the way I suggested:
                  - more people will give twl ago that's never played twl before (this reason alone outweighs everything)
                  -tempts old players that's been inactive for yrs to at least play twl for over 1 sec (to be in with a chance).
                  -TWD may increase a month before twl starts because old players may wanna practice.
                  -it would be more entertaining to see on live stream everyone's name whos played twl followed by mayb 3 players randomly selected as opposed to a stacked squad roster which would b boring.
                  -idea is very simple and easy to implement: 0 complications at all.
                  The problem with you is you are just typing stuff out without actually giving any thought to it. You have many ideas and want to contribute which is good but look at the following sentences for example:

"-tempts old players that's been inactive for yrs to at least play twl for over 1 sec (to be in with a chance)."
                  "-TWD may increase a month before twl starts because old players may wanna practice."

Yeah, the old players want to practice months ahead for the one late round substitution when the game is already over.(or something similar)
                  Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                  Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                  Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                  Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
                    Yeah, because the winning squad players like to play pub so often.

What comes to "play 1 second to win". I think this doesn't even have to be explained, just ridiculous way to burn money.

I dont think any $ prize will make a difference, unless we are talking about 4-fig amounts.

I actually partly agree with IVF. Something like that could work. The returning players would have a realistic goal for consistent time period.

The problem with you is you are just typing stuff out without actually giving any thought to it. You have many ideas and want to contribute which is good but look at the following sentences for example:

"-tempts old players that's been inactive for yrs to at least play twl for over 1 sec (to be in with a chance)."
                    "-TWD may increase a month before twl starts because old players may wanna practice."

Yeah, the old players want to practice months ahead for the one late round substitution when the game is already over.(or something similar)
                    The fact i said May kinda makes your point irrelevant. May means could/ might not happen. When did i mention they will be practising for months? i said a month beforehand, nice twist. Hey i'm on your side here and you're being very critical. Here was my thinking btw: Old player sees the email saying take part in TWL and you could win $____. Old player may simply think, hey might give it ago and maybe i should practise beforehand so i'm good enough for a squad to actually put me in the match. This is TWL so squads aren't just gonna mess around by adding shit players to lose the match purposely just so players are in for the money.

So my point MAY or May not happen but i think if it was me, i would want to practise beforehand because not only do i want to win some money but i want to make a good impression while i'm here.

Btw yeh i ivf's idea is pretty decent.
                    Last edited by Fork; 03-31-2016, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X