Thread: What is TWCL?

Major Crisis/Ownix Major Crisis's Avatar

Question What is TWCL?

Trenchwars Custom League will be a league played in three weeks. Players will have the possibility to sign up teams of five players, games will be 4v4 and u will have one sub. The league will be played in either warbird or javelin, this will be decided by you guys. The match up will be as following. The signed up teams will be split up between four groups. This mean you will have group A till D. These guys all face each other once, all group winners and second places will go on to the next group phase. Two groups of four will be set up, like A1, B1, C2 and D2. Both winners of these groups face each other in the final. Most likely the #3 and #4 will end up in a second group phase too, but no final.

Estimated/hoped is that we get 16 to 20 teams signed up. This will mean that the groups will exist out of 4 to 5 teams. They all play each other. Whenever a team has the same amount of wins, the best +/- score will have the higher seed in the group. Every team has a week to play their games. This will be from Sunday 12pm EST till Friday 7pm EST. If a game hasnt been played before that the game will be played on saturday on a time I have set.
    Last edited by Major Crisis; 04-18-2016 at 09:31 AM.
    Major Crisis

Is there a bot or something we use to signup with? Or just post it here?

this 24..

Our Team: Iron Survivor/Mr. Winkles/Geio/24/Kado

this is a great idea and can be fun/comptetive amongst friends (kind of like EGBDL or that EGB2 game type) but i think it requires a LOT more planning and advertising than has been done so far. haven't seen anything in game and just found out about it now through forums. we got ~150 for twdt with weeks of ads and PMs and constant reminders to sign up. i believe you will be able to get 80-100 participants but will require more than 1 weeks notice to inform most players.

a few things you've probably got ready but incase any of these things can help/speed up the process:
    have everything set up, if youre going to host in ?go tourny then might need tweeks on bot unless you want to spend 2 hours manually prepping teams. also having and updated signup list would help as we would be able to see which of our friends are interested in playing -- havent seen any talk about this league in any of my chats yet.
    when its ready for the most part, get a periodical set up for players to start signing up. if possible just the use the TWDTBot for signups and get qan to rename it to TWCLBot in ?go twcl and get the link to where the signups go to.

this is a great and competitive tournament and i hope you can pull it off! thanks.

Major Crisis/Ownix Major Crisis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
    this is a great idea and can be fun/comptetive amongst friends (kind of like EGBDL or that EGB2 game type) but i think it requires a LOT more planning and advertising than has been done so far. haven't seen anything in game and just found out about it now through forums. we got ~150 for twdt with weeks of ads and PMs and constant reminders to sign up. i believe you will be able to get 80-100 participants but will require more than 1 weeks notice to inform most players.

a few things you've probably got ready but incase any of these things can help/speed up the process:
    have everything set up, if youre going to host in ?go tourny then might need tweeks on bot unless you want to spend 2 hours manually prepping teams. also having and updated signup list would help as we would be able to see which of our friends are interested in playing -- havent seen any talk about this league in any of my chats yet.
    when its ready for the most part, get a periodical set up for players to start signing up. if possible just the use the TWDTBot for signups and get qan to rename it to TWCLBot in ?go twcl and get the link to where the signups go to.

this is a great and competitive tournament and i hope you can pull it off! thanks.

Thank you for the feedback.
    Major Crisis

Sounds good. Count me up for it.

Need more information tho:

How to signup?

Before we start the game we have to ?message staff so they can supervise it and witness the win/ loss?

Only registered TWD players can play? (prevent people double squadding?)

After everyone has registered, will you post a link showing all the teams and people playing for each team? Ladders?
    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Exclamation

We have received some positive feedback for this league idea. Right now it is currently being placed on hold. We will re-announce it at a later date when we have the ability to execute it better.

Thank you.
    8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously