No announcement yet.

[TWL Season 21] RESCHEDULED; Starting: Sun June 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stop calling it TWL, call it TWL-Mini, TWL D-League or something until this game active/competitive again. winning TWL now is no where near the equivalent to winning TWL season 17 or below.. you can keep the same format and everything just change the title of the league. like are you seriously going to run this again with 100 people..

someone like dreamwin squallff8 and menelvagor should have never won TWLB.. EVER.
    (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
    (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
    (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
    (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

Originally posted by Draft View Post
      stop calling it TWL, call it TWL-Mini, TWL D-League or something until this game active/competitive again. winning TWL now is no where near the equivalent to winning TWL season 17 or below.. you can keep the same format and everything just change the title of the league. like are you seriously going to run this again with 100 people..

someone like dreamwin squallff8 and menelvagor should have never won TWLB.. EVER.
      squall and menelvagor have never won TWLB.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

annnnd now TWD dies due to squads not wanting to move down the twd ladders
        TWLJ Season 13 Runner Up (Boss)
        TWLJ Season 15 Hit Allstar
        TWDT-J 2012 Champ

TWDT-D 2014 Champ

Comment

so legit no reason to play at all till it starts unless you a pubber.
          TWLJ Season 13 Runner Up (Boss)
          TWLJ Season 15 Hit Allstar
          TWDT-J 2012 Champ

TWDT-D 2014 Champ

Comment

As time goes on more people quit monthly.

So if you think postponing anything will make it any more active you are living in fantasy land.

The game is dead, what you have left is what you have left. Nothing is going too change that.

So run with the players you still have left, til you dont have enough to play.

Because soon TW will be like the other zones, you wont have enough to play. FACT.

The longer you wait the more ppl gonna quit, thats just reality. Its sad, it sucks, but its true.

I said this for the last 3years. Have it during jan/February/march. Its when its cold mostly around the world and the zone becomes most active.

Words from the wise olde.

Comment

Originally posted by olde View Post
              As time goes on more people quit monthly.

So if you think postponing anything will make it any more active you are living in fantasy land.

The game is dead, what you have left is what you have left. Nothing is going too change that.

So run with the players you still have left, til you dont have enough to play.

Because soon TW will be like the other zones, you wont have enough to play. FACT.

The longer you wait the more ppl gonna quit, thats just reality. Its sad, it sucks, but its true.

I said this for the last 3years. Have it during jan/February/march. Its when its cold mostly around the world and the zone becomes most active.

trillvolta finally right 4 once
              https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by olde View Post

This. Leagues should be centered around the winter months when it's cold and people spend more time inside. A lot of people don't want to spend Sundays during the summer months indoors. Soccer games are Sunday afternoons, and anytime I go golfing the tee time is usually early Sundays as well. A lot of people go on camping trips and only come back Sunday nights.

I thought the TWL 20 season that started late September and ended late November last year, then TWDT 2016 starting in January and ending in March, worked well. As TWL ends in November you send out invites for TWDT and do the signups while people log in whilst home for Christmas, then start it in January when everyone is done with the holidays.

You could populate the time in-between those two leagues with nightly or weekly preset ?go base, ?go wbduel, and go jav events that last 1-2 hours so people know when to logon.
                top 100 basers list

Comment

TWL start rescheduled for June 5th.

This is a logistics issue; unfortunately some IRL issues have come up for TWL staff and this has made it difficult to coordinate. Apologies to the community, but some things you can't account for.

annnnd now TWD dies due to squads not wanting to move down the twd ladders
                  I'm not part of TWL staff, but as I understand it qualifications have finished on the 19th: http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...45961-TWL-2016!! The next 2 weeks can be used as squads see fit.

Okay reset the twd ladders then.

We'll be putting in TWD ratings changes (including personal ladder) and it'll be useful to keep the data we have for the meantime. I'm hoping some squads will continue using TWD as a means to practice, and will help to test the new ratings system.
                  "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                  -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

I have complete faith in the current league operators and they will surely do a fine job, but at the same time they still require some additional guidance and assistance to get everything ready for launch.

Unfortunately I do not have much free time to devote to the game in the foreseeable future, and my recent efforts of trying to catch the league operators online have been fruitless due to multiple different reasons such as time zone differences and conflict in personal schedules. Fortuitously there are still several capable players and staff members around to support both of the operators, and I hope from the bottom of my heart that everything will work out for the better.

I will quickly attempt to list some of the issues and concerns of mine that currently come to mind. I don't know how far the league operators have come with their planning, but this place is as good as any to give my input on the matter.

• the qualifications have been handled rather poorly, no doubt. I have never liked the qualification system we have used for most of the seasons, but then again no one has really bothered to take the time to create an alternate way of selecting the teams. nevertheless, that is something only briefly worth mentioning as there are more pressing concerns regarding the qualifications all of which need to be answered by the league operators as soon as possible to avoid any further confusion.

the teams were never informed about the qualification requirements and the selection process is still unknown to the public. that is not a good thing. we do not know how many games were required in order to qualify for the coming season, and no one knows how lenient our league operators are going to be about teams who have been sitting on points for months with excessive inactivity. there has also been complete radio silence about the coming qualification tournament should one be held, and there should be rules set in place to prevent teams from getting help from top-tier players of other teams during the duration of the tournament. it would also be worth to consider expanding the league structure to support more teams in TWLD as it has been our most healthy league this year.

it would be for the best to reopen the qualifications followed by a proper announcement regarding the qualification requirements to inform the teams.

• the lack of announcements and information have slowly killed the hype and activity. we all know that the league is rushed, and that the league operators have been busy with their lives which has further halted the progress. unfortunately there is still a plethora of things that need to be properly done should we wish to run a successful league, such as ..

the players do not know which rules to follow this season. the old rules can still be found on the main website while the revamped version can be found on the forums. unfortunately (or fortunately, depending how you look at it) no one managed to update the rules to the website last season which gives the current league operators a choice to make -- we can use the old rules or the new ones. there are flaws in both iterations of the rules, but we still need to know which rules to follow and agree with to prevent any misunderstandings from happening during the season.

in addition, resolution limits have not been discussed at all by the league operators, but to my understanding they are going to stay the same as last season. it would still be beneficial to make an announcement to give the players sufficient time to adjust to the resolution limits.

there is also a multitude of other topics that need to be discussed and announced such as the return of home arenas, playoff rules and structure, league structure should there be any changes to it, and other miscellaneous topics about the league. most importantly, there is a need for a proper informative announcement about the league -- in full detail.

• supporting league staff needs to be properly trained by the operators and experienced referees, and the bots need to be thoroughly tested before the pre-season begins. you can attempt to recruit regular players from our community to help with the hosting burden, similar to what was done last season with few trusted members, should it be needed by the current staff. in addition to this, the league operators could also request additional features to be added to the league bots such as player scores to be shown above be the radar to further enhance the gaming experience.

• the scheduling process has always been a complete mess due to most captains lacking in their management skills. my suggestion is to schedule all the games in advance to save the league operators and captains from developing a severe headache during the season. it makes no sense to keep the current scheduling system in place, and no other league in the game uses a similar system. however, the teams should still be given the option to reschedule their games should both teams agree to it.

• it would be a huge plus to recruit content creators such as hot or not writers, prediction writers, and other assorted community content to spice up the league. I can occasionally take the time to create something for the league such as statistical analysis and prediction threads, but others should also try contribute.

I do feel that a summer league will work fine, but it still need to be properly ran by the players and staff alike. anyway, there are my most urgent thoughts .. kind of written in a haste, but hopefully it will be at least of some use.

Comment

+500 to all of Turb's post, it's savedme having to write anything specific about the issues right now....but this should act as a good skeleton of a checklist for the current ops to run through and sort out to get TWL to where it needs to be. ANNOUNCEMENTS AND CLARIFICATION PEOPLE.
                      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

just let it end lol
                        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Well. I guess I can't play really. Why can't you run twl in the fall or winter=(. WSOP > TWL

Comment

Why are we running with a res cap? A good majority wanted no limit in twdd on the poll,and 99 % percent of people who play dd also either play twl or aspire to play twl. Resolution extended limits aren't a game changer it just lets people fit their screen type with a resolution that suits them.
                            We shouldn't always fear the loud minority that threaten to not play in Twl if resolution changes. Many players who play other ships are wondering why they have to change their resolution when jumping from jav/basing to warbird and ultimatly don't bother.
                            Can we at very least have another resolution poll for twl?
                            British> my 18th tomoz $$
                            Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

This is gonna be the TWL with the lowest show up ever.
                              Its summer......
                              Rudy> Maisoul has a history of making men out of girls. Something in his physiology.

Morgane> was that fun?
                              waxer> like the first time i had sex, i cried
                              Morgane> u really cried the first time u had sex?
                              waxer> LOl,no
                              waxer> im just like kthx, i never had sex

Comment

Working...
                              X