No announcement yet.

TWD Resolution Poll Results - Resolution limits removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be glad to share my settings on res resizer. To have it so that letters aren't blurry

Comment

I voted to remove the resolution limits - why?

Because this is TWD and I know a lot of players who won't twdd due to the resolution limits so this opens up the playing field to more players (and maybe others from different zones too). This is for TWD not TWL, so I see no harm in this.....TWL is a different matter and would need a better poll on it, but this is harmless for the ACTIVITY of this zone, and for wb.
      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Great job! Now everytime I am online I can count to be in for all divisions.

Why not reveal the names? It is not a big deal, just do it. I dont think the voting information declared that "your vote will be anonymous".

Also, I think that people who actually care and play the game in regular basis had plenty of time to vote and did vote as well.

Question to these few people who have been actively complaining against removing the limits(kthx,beam,wiibimbo for example) - how many dd's have u played during last month?
        Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
        Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
        Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
        Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
        Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
        Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
        Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

I voted for the limits to stay because I thought it was also for twl
          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Inside sources tell me shadowqueer rigged the vote. Staff, you've got a leak.

ps y board keeps trying to be my friend on this forum, reject button must not be working.
            Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

I've played more dds in the past month than u have in your whole SS career DW.
              "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
              Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
              Dral>I can get implants

Comment

On a slightly related note: I know a lot of people have problems running higher res than 1600x900 because Continuum won't save a Res setting any higher than that. Any time I want to play on 1920x1080 I have to remember to select it in resolution settings. It won't save on the profile or in the res settings, it just goes back to 1600x900. I know it happens to other people but I don't know if it happens for everyone.

Has anyone who has experienced this problem ever found a solution?

Comment

Shadow told me the solution, for others who have this problem. Go into Advanced options and check "Show Default Resolutions". Fixed it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SpaceHiker View Post
                    Shadow told me the solution, for others who have this problem. Go into Advanced options and check "Show Default Resolutions". Fixed it for me.

you should have known this by now being a vet staffer b4 , its sad how shadow had to tell you.
                    https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Are there really only 70 active twd players?
                      Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
                        Are there really only 70 active twd players?

the more reason why twdd need a makeover

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post
                          you should have known this by now being a vet staffer b4 , its sad how shadow had to tell you.
                          I think it's a bit more sad that you choose to call him out for being unpretentious and honest about not knowing something about the game, despite him being SSC netop. There's plenty of stuff many of us who have been around for ages don't know. Everyone has a different specialty, has experienced different things. We try to keep this game going however we can. By sharing information and not being stuck-up, pretending we know everything.

For the record I didn't know the details about this "Show Default Resolutions" option either. And here I'm supposed to be this elite programmer guy. Pretty sad, eh? But I have a reputation to uphold, so I'll make sure to edit this post after I make it... wouldn't want to look stupid! It's best to just keep quiet for fear of looking stupid to other people, right?
                          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                          -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                            I think it's a bit more sad that you choose to call him out for being unpretentious and honest about not knowing something about the game, despite him being SSC netop. There's plenty of stuff many of us who have been around for ages don't know. Everyone has a different specialty, has experienced different things. We try to keep this game going however we can. By sharing information and not being stuck-up, pretending we know everything.

For the record I didn't know the details about this "Show Default Resolutions" option either. And here I'm supposed to be this elite programmer guy. Pretty sad, eh? But I have a reputation to uphold, so I'll make sure to edit this post after I make it... wouldn't want to look stupid! It's best to just keep quiet for fear of looking stupid to other people, right?

Sorry I had to expose a net-op with high lvl banG powers, for being a useless staff member of this gaming society and not knowing things about a 20 year old game's options. Its sad facts.

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post
                              Sorry I had to expose a net-op with high lvl banG powers, for being a useless staff member of this gaming society and not knowing things about a 20 year old game's options. Its sad facts.
                              Keep in mind we both began playing before Continuum, when this was not an option. I personally had it enabled (maybe I was fiddling with something before). I don't generally answer ?help calls and it hasn't been an issue for me personally, so the experience set to discover it's been pretty limited in my case, and probably for him as well. I'm not sure how this demonstrates him being useless. Just seems like you picking an easy spot to feel good about yourself, and probably comes from past issues involving certain bans. (I never thought that one was particularly fair, for the record.)

In other words, pick up some chill, mon frere
                              "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                              -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

qan you have some of the best nice guy shut downs

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X