TWD Resolution Poll Results - Resolution limits removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWD Resolution Poll Results - Resolution limits removed

The poll ran from Monday, 2nd of May until Tuesday, 10th of May 1AM EST.

Every TWD-registered player was eligible for voting, and thus an attempt to reach as many as possible.

How we promoted the poll:
    Captains of each active and live squad was reached out to through a MessageBot message urging them to get their squad to vote.
    A news post in twd.trenchwars.org front page.
    Periodical advertisements in-game, every 55 minutes for 7 days.
    Staff was informed and told to let players know.

Not every method always works, as with these 4 steps we should've reached out to approx. 300 TWD-registered players.
    Admittedly, not everyone active, but not everyone would cast a vote either.

Vote count - total votes: 70
    49 to remove limits
    21 to stick to the current limits
    (and 2 after deadline ?messaged, which are not counted, but to interested parties: 1-1)

With this, TWD RESOLUTION LIMITS ARE REMOVED and players are available to play on what resolution they deem fit for themselves.

Note: TWL will remain its own entity, with its own rules and regulations, which still include a certain resolution limit.
    3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
    3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
    3:i.d.> da fk is that?
    3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
    3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
    3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
    3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
    3:Shadowmere> LOL
    3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
    Shadowmere> Rofl
    Up in ya !> With his feet
    Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
    Up in ya !> l44t feet
    Deft> l44t f44t*
    Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
    Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

About time. Now time for TWL to follow suit

Comment

RIP TW. Time to retire.
      "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
      Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
      Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Shadowmere wanted to play on cheat res so badly that he ignored 13 failed polls in a row on forums and polled irrelevant newbies in pub 0. This is an expected result from a biased demographic. Good job Shadow on abusing your position and loopholing the system to get what you want.
        Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

would be nice to see who actually voted for some added transparency, but either way I don't think we will see resolution limits being removed from TWL. it'll be down to the players to adapt at that point.

Comment

I think it's great that a poll was held, but it's difficult to assume that everyone who cared about this vote was necessarily on during that particular week to cast their vote.

Voting is indeed voluntary and you can't force people; needless to say, I guess maybe I'm a little disappointed that we didn't wait until the overall amount of people polled wasn't a great deal higher. I know that a lot of people aren't quick to vote, could be needed to be reminded numerous times, but would eventually contribute their opinion. I also suspect a lot of people wouldn't have got as far as loading 'poll 21' and then submitting the Yes or No response.

While it is the people who WERE online during the last week to cast their vote who arguably have the most importance, I know plenty of players who are experienced, valuable and wise in this game who haven't necessarily been able to log on in the last 168 hours. It concerns me that they were not able to contribute to the elected outcome. This has been an ongoing and slightly heated debate for many years and I don't see how we can tell ourselves that we have put the issue to bed by releasing a poll via a relatively unrecognised bot in Pub over the course of a week.

That's not to say that I don't greatly appreciate the work by Shadowmere and staff team for conducting such a survey, it is really really good that you did that and I think it is awesome that you did. It demonstrates that we are not totally inflexible to the pandering and wants of players as the game evolves. But I think that we missed an opportunity to embellish the credibility of this poll.

Comment

honestly

with the state of the game and zone, we're arguing over how far your picture can be zoomed out? time to get real people, who cares

choo choo
              7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
              Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10
              Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

MAdness.............. hope you all are happy.. ramming this through....so obvious the fix was in on this subject..................stupidity................ ...........fail for years with the sensible players who know it makes the game lopsided and unfair but keep trying. A 1 Week poll? hahaha what a joke. Thanks for continuing to ruin this game. This definitely takes the wind out of my sails.. what little I have left here. The initial resolution changes for base and jav sealed the fate of this day and it was by far the worst decision ever made concerning this game. I knew it would come to this as a result of those idiotic first resolution changes implemented. So now .. there really is little reason to play competitively for any players who can't meet these new res limits. I've always said the game was made for old resolutions.. the new computers have no issues using them. People just got mad because when they used the old ones they did worse.. and of course there is a reason behind it.. they were on a level playing field and couldn't get as many kills on players with the same res as themselves. The larger field of view of course gives advantages. It is proven. Don't believe me? Use 800 res in games and see how you do with consistency. Terrible just terrible.
                TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
                  honestly

with the state of the game and zone, we're arguing over how far your picture can be zoomed out? time to get real people, who cares

choo choo
                  quoted for truth

smart guy right there
                  7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                  Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                  TWLJ Champion Season 11
                  TWLB All-Star Season 10
                  Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
                    honestly

choo choo
                    this tbh fam 100%

choo choo
                    8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

What do you call a nun in a wheelchair?
                      Virgin mobile.
                      3:BOMBED> got donuts
                      3:BOMBED> how jealous
                      3:Heaven> how american
                      3:BOMBED> ??????????
                      3:BOMBED> wtf u suppose to get
                      3:BOMBED> they didnt have any fried goat

Comment

Get your excesses ready why you still get slammed.

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post
                          Shadowmere wanted to play on cheat res so badly that he ignored 13 failed polls in a row on forums and polled irrelevant newbies in pub 0. This is an expected result from a biased demographic. Good job Shadow on abusing your position and loopholing the system to get what you want.
                          Forum polls are problematic: many of the people on forums aren't active players, for example. You can also easily create several forum accounts and stack the polls. This poll was only open to TWD-registered players, meaning that they'd need to be signed up and that it has measures in place to block dual registrations.

It was in pub, but I'm sure even the most elitist league snob could overcome their contempt for "irrelevant newbies" (read: the only hope for this game, a fact each of us may ignore at our own peril) to enter for the 2-3 minutes it took to vote. Squad captains were notified and asked to get their squad members out to vote, and a periodic zone message explained the process.

Originally posted by turban
                          would be nice to see who actually voted for some added transparency
                          I agree. I'm not sure if everyone would feel comfortable, though. Wish I'd added 2 more options: Yes/No (but do not show my name publicly), with the default allowing names to be shown.

Originally posted by little buddha
                          I think it's great that a poll was held, but it's difficult to assume that everyone who cared about this vote was necessarily on during that particular week to cast their vote.
                          Yeah, I don't think it would have hurt to run it longer, perhaps as long as a month. The bot's new, but hopefully the notifications made it somewhat clear what was going on. Hoping it can be used for other contentious decisions in the future. I'll definitely take these ideas on board for that: options for transparency, a longer polling time, and more measures to increase visibility.
                          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                          -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                            Forum polls are problematic: many of the people on forums aren't active players, for example. You can also easily create several forum accounts and stack the polls. This poll was only open to TWD-registered players, meaning that they'd need to be signed up and that it has measures in place to block dual registrations.

It was in pub, but I'm sure even the most elitist league snob could overcome their contempt for "irrelevant newbies" (read: the only hope for this game, a fact each of us may ignore at our own peril) to enter for the 2-3 minutes it took to vote. Squad captains were notified and asked to get their squad members out to vote, and a periodic zone message explained the process.

I agree. I'm not sure if everyone would feel comfortable, though. Wish I'd added 2 more options: Yes/No (but do not show my name publicly), with the default allowing names to be shown.

Yeah, I don't think it would have hurt to run it longer, perhaps as long as a month. The bot's new, but hopefully the notifications made it somewhat clear what was going on. Hoping it can be used for other contentious decisions in the future. I'll definitely take these ideas on board for that: options for transparency, a longer polling time, and more measures to increase visibility.

the public has spoken by over 30+ more votes its obvious these scrub vets can't deal with anyone with a bigger res because they get owned easily.

no limits = comfort of the game
                            Last edited by 2pac; 05-12-2016, 02:14 AM.
                            https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                              MAdness.............. hope you all are happy.. ramming this through....so obvious the fix was in on this subject..................stupidity................ ...........fail for years with the sensible players who know it makes the game lopsided and unfair but keep trying. A 1 Week poll? hahaha what a joke. Thanks for continuing to ruin this game. This definitely takes the wind out of my sails.. what little I have left here. The initial resolution changes for base and jav sealed the fate of this day and it was by far the worst decision ever made concerning this game. I knew it would come to this as a result of those idiotic first resolution changes implemented. So now .. there really is little reason to play competitively for any players who can't meet these new res limits. I've always said the game was made for old resolutions.. the new computers have no issues using them. People just got mad because when they used the old ones they did worse.. and of course there is a reason behind it.. they were on a level playing field and couldn't get as many kills on players with the same res as themselves. The larger field of view of course gives advantages. It is proven. Don't believe me? Use 800 res in games and see how you do with consistency. Terrible just terrible.
                              What he is trying to say
                              Jessup> my off radar suicide rush is destroyed. I now won't be able to vulch players with no energy from off my radar. Me and the other rush vulch players are not happy with this. Because now the game is fair and I can't lame players anymore. People can now have an honest death and play other styles of warbird, rather than rushing or being rushed.

Comment

Working...
                              X