No announcement yet.

TWD Resolution Poll Results - Resolution limits removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations you finally pushed this retarded shit through when there are only 70 active twl players. Now that you are down to the dregs of the game you can push ignorant agendas without any backlash. +1
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
      qan you have some of the best nice guy shut downs
      this not about shutting me down, this about staff not being quizzed b4 being hired.
      https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Well since you removed reso limit. I've seen no new players twdding, no basers/javs stepping up.

All Ive seen is players abusing the CLEAR advantage of legal cheating, guys like 2pacs, afri, geio, paky dude and a handful of others. All well seasoned wb's. They wont even enter our screen....

But my point is its just giving ppl a clear advantage over others. For example: last night i was dding dynasty. We had a good game going into round 3, legionofboom changes his reso to 2500x1300 or something like that. Now thats cleary him knowing we cant see him and the whole game he wouldnt enter our screen. I mean we still slammed him and won the game (sukdik fgt reso cheater).

BUT thanks for allowing people to cheat in the only league Ive found fun and played loyally for years. Its very annoying knowing someone can see me shoot, and i cant see them. Its very annoying chasing them around also. Thx shadowmere......

Nothing has came out of this other then seasoned wbs abusing it Great job...
        Last edited by olde; 06-14-2016, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by olde View Post
          Well since you removed reso limit. I've seen no new players twdding, no basers/javs stepping up.

All Ive seen is players abusing the CLEAR advantage of legal cheating, guys like 2pacs, afri, geio, paky dude and a handful of others. All well seasoned wb's. They wont even enter our screen....

But my point is its just giving ppl a clear advantage over others. For example: last night i was dding dynasty. We had a good game going into round 3, legionofboom changes his reso to 2500x1300 or something like that. Now thats cleary him knowing we cant see him and the whole game he wouldnt enter our screen. I mean we still slammed him and won the game (sukdik fgt reso cheater).

BUT thanks for allowing people to cheat in the only league Ive found fun and played loyally for years. Its very annoying knowing someone can see me shoot, and i cant see them. Its very annoying chasing them around also. Thx shadowmere......

Nothing has came out of this other then seasoned wbs abusing it Great job...
          Not sure why this is even a subject to a complaint, considering he's been scoring the same results in TWDDs while switching low res and high res for a while now.
          Anyone can stay back and lob based on the direction of the enemy. One doesn't need resolution for that, and it won't make their shots hit any better either. Plenty of people run away and keep others at the edge of their radars. Get your grouping right and it's not a problem. Just like it never has been before.

I think I admitted elsewhere we didn't see a major boost in the amount of players in DDs, and that wasn't expected either. But it was expected some players would be more willing to play DDs with the limits removed, and that holds true indeed.
          Just take a look around and watch some game statistics. It's all public on the TWD site.
          3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
          3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
          3:i.d.> da fk is that?
          3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
          3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
          3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
          3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
          3:Shadowmere> LOL
          3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
          Shadowmere> Rofl
          Up in ya !> With his feet
          Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
          Up in ya !> l44t feet
          Deft> l44t f44t*
          Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
          Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowmere View Post
            Not sure why this is even a subject to a complaint, considering he's been scoring the same results in TWDDs while switching low res and high res for a while now.
            Anyone can stay back and lob based on the direction of the enemy. One doesn't need resolution for that, and it won't make their shots hit any better either. Plenty of people run away and keep others at the edge of their radars. Get your grouping right and it's not a problem. Just like it never has been before.

I think I admitted elsewhere we didn't see a major boost in the amount of players in DDs, and that wasn't expected either. But it was expected some players would be more willing to play DDs with the limits removed, and that holds true indeed.
            Just take a look around and watch some game statistics. It's all public on the TWD site.

shadowmere right for once, now remove limits for twld, makes no sense having a small screen with 5v5 people need the "comfort" of playing on a widescreen monitor and majority of people do, I gotta window mode to play twld, thats how pathetic it is. :laugh:

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post
              shadowmere right for once, now remove limits for twld, makes no sense having a small screen with 5v5 people need the "comfort" of playing on a widescreen monitor and majority of people do, I gotta window mode to play twld, thats how pathetic it is. :laugh:
              well 2pacz, you can use the resolution resizer and play on a legal TWLD resolution. ( thats what you said about ppl who play on laptops and cant use huge 2000x1300 res) this goes both ways. But I can see why you want a cheat reso, 2pacz 2-9 subbed......

Comment

the undeniable fact is that players with higher resolution have an immense information advantage over players with lesser resolutions, and thus it is really frustrating to play against players who are capable of taking advantage of the resolution difference. however, in the end we will still see the same story repeat itself -- the good players will still be dominant in most of the games even when using lower resolutions than their opponents.

I do feel that the increased resolution limits lower the overall skill requirements one needs in order to succeed in the game as the players simply do not need to be as good at several things in the game on a micro level. the fact is that once you reach a certain resolution you can simply ignore the existence of radar, thus you do not need to be polish your skills such as reading the radar for both offensive and defensive purposes. it also eliminates the surprise factor from the games as you do not have to pay as much attention to your surroundings with the increased vision, thus turning the games into a battle of attrition.

i guess you could always argue that patience is a valuable skill which it definitely is, but the games would be fought in a much slower pace in a competitive setting if there were no resolution limits. that honestly doesn't seem like fun to me, but each for their own.

Comment

olde the resolution resize shit dont work for me, I get a black screen, its buggy as fuck and yeh i did bad vs force but did good vs lego, you guys were playing like paladen and lobbing shots entire game,

allow 1920x1080 what you scared of competition?

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

*i deleted my monster post because when i woke up 5 min ago i realized thats it is unimportant why i think what i do, but left the TL;DR version, so you know what my post contained*

TL;RD?
                    If you dont want to read my whole post you dont need to, i know i wouldnt unless the topic was interesting to me, this is why i did not create a new forum topic, because what this post contains is related to: Resolution limits, Sakkes story in trenchwars, Sakkes story after trenchwars.

-Sakke 16.6.2016
                    Last edited by Sakke; 06-17-2016, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sakke View Post
                      Later i got a new monitor 17", now i see further and SUDDENLY i realized how good i am, and i realized why many may have been better than me, they saw me before i saw them)
                      LOL thx for explaining this for everyone^.

Even tho you contradicted your whole fourm post about "fair-play".

GL on your new project Sakke!

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post
                        olde the resolution resize shit dont work for me, I get a black screen, its buggy as fuck and yeh i did bad vs force but did good vs lego, you guys were playing like paladen and lobbing shots entire game,

allow 1920x1080 what you scared of competition?
                        Well all you have to do is go into your monitor's settings, lower its resolution(which takes 10 seconds) then it will allow you to use your 1440x900 or 1280x1024 resolution. Jones explained this on other threads. It worked for me, I was stuck playing twdd/twld on 1366x765 (due to my wide screen laptop only allowing 1600x900 or 1920x1440) b4 I seen jones post on how to fix. But now I use the same laptop for 1440x900/1280x1024. So don't say " you can't fix " its a 10second fix and I/you don't have to use the res resizer. I'm sure anyone can do this easy fix.
                        Last edited by olde; 06-16-2016, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by olde View Post
                          LOL thx for explaining this for everyone^.

Even tho you contradicted your whole fourm post about "fair-play".

GL on your new project Sakke!
                          ye, i was planning to just leave that one post, but since i deleted it im gonna respond to this quote

i didnt mean to contradict myself but i know in my mind why my opinion is what it is. I cant explain it clearly on a forumpost because then its gonna be missing details or be a too long post if i explain every thing to the reader.

(i decided to not follow the resolution limits because there was no good option for widescreen monitors, that allowed fullscreen without stretching the pixels. so the RULE of resolutions was flawed, this is my reasoning for personally not following it, before i broke it i made it known that the rule is flawed and the limits were not changed (earlier posts on the forum, and direct contact to staff members.))

i rarely post on forums, i used to read them often, but this time i decided to write, to say im happy the rules are FINNALLY fixed in a sensible way, no limits = good. that dosnt matter to me because i dont play anymore, but for those that still do, im happy for them that the rule is now fair, so those who can break it dont get the advantage.

-Sakke

Comment

why delete post i thought it was great, ignore olde

Comment

Originally posted by Sakke View Post
                              *i deleted my monster post because when i woke up 5 min ago i realized thats it is unimportant why i think what i do, but left the TL;DR version, so you know what my post contained*

TL;RD?
                              If you dont want to read my whole post you dont need to, i know i wouldnt unless the topic was interesting to me, this is why i did not create a new forum topic, because what this post contains is related to: Resolution limits, Sakkes story in trenchwars, Sakkes story after trenchwars.

-Sakke 16.6.2016
                              Actually managed to read the whole thing before you deleted it. It was great to hear from you as well as find out about your big plans. Knowing your working morale, I have no doubt you will succeed some day. One quick note: Dont give up if everything doesnt go as planned within a year though, it is a very short period of time.

And referring to the other thing you said, I think that post made a lot of sense to me. I'm not gonna write any goodbye-message since we are going to be in touch sometime anyway but I want to thank you for the good times with SS!

PS. walk to swim
                              Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                              Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                              Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                              Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                              Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                              Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                              Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Working...