1:schope> problem 2: elims empty, maps sucks, bots are dumb, rankings sucks
    1:Axwell> yep
    1:Axwell> and noone is gonna fix that
    1:schope> people will never get to squads
    1:schope> wont have new good people
    1:schope> gotta stick to old average sucky fags like server
    1:Axwell> LOL
    1:schope> to make a half decent squad
    8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
    8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
    8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
    8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
    8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
    8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Originally posted by schope View Post
    Why tw will die:

1:schope> game population flux
    1:Axwell> now we have 0 new players
    1:schope> 1) get people to pub
    1:schope> 2) bring people to elims
    1:schope> 3) bring people to squads
    1:Server> ill get my sons to play!
    1:schope> problems: new people dont like pub because it sucks
    1:schope> cant bring new population
    1:schope> problem 2: elims empty, maps sucks, bots are dumb, rankings sucks
    1:Axwell> yep
    1:Axwell> and noone is gonna fix that
    1:schope> people will never get to squads
    1:schope> wont have new good people
    1:schope> gotta stick to old average sucky fags like server
    1:Axwell> LOL
    1:schope> to make a half decent squad
    Possible Solution:

Use donation money, if we still got any, to pay for top 5 rankeds on elims and to top 5 points monthly on pub.
    8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
    8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
    8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo

Comment

solution: make elim the default arena, steam woulda been a lot more successful if this had been done since everyone knows what deathmatch is but no one gives a fk about pub

Comment

thats a good idea too

Comment

rab had a pretty good idea some time ago too. you can read it here: http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...nd-of-the-year
          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
            solution: make elim the default arena, steam woulda been a lot more successful if this had been done since everyone knows what deathmatch is but no one gives a fk about pub
            this is a good idea.
            TWLJ Season 13 Runner Up (Boss)
            TWLJ Season 15 Hit Allstar
            TWDT-J 2012 Champ

TWDT-D 2014 Champ

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
              good idea man
              lol
              3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
              3:45th President> do it
              kyler> who is 45th President
              nah> donald j trump

Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

Comment

k everyone agrees, so who's in charge of this shit to make changes.

Comment

From my personal perspective: I played elim around 2001 or so, then got bored of it. Along with any kind of league play. Still have never gotten bored of pub (personally). Not everyone agrees that pub's boring ... for example, it must have had something that kept most of us sticking around, as very few people just went straight to elim and never pubbed. As for making elim pub, I'm not really sure that getting 0-10'd in elim is a great introduction to the game. If you happen to think competitive play is all there is to TW, I can see that perspective, but for those who don't care about that and aren't willing to put in the time so that 20 year vets will not destroy them, or even the time needed so that those vets will talk to them without insulting them constantly (though those guys are well out of their teenage years and should know better) -- for those people I think it'd be a pretty horrible change.

As for elim, I put in quite a bit of effort to try and get elim to be a bit more interesting. If you want more players to come to elim, start playing elims and then asking duelers to come to elim from pub. If you think the map is no good, fix it (map editing is so simple a young child could do it). If you think the ratings are no good, you can let me know how you'd like to improve them. I'd like to redo confidence a bit so that it's based on a smaller # of games to reach full confidence, for example. Other recommendations always helpful. If your comment is "ratings r bad" then I'm afraid it's just complaining, and not useful in any way.

If you want to attract players to TWD, you're going to either need to find a way to draw them into elim and then recruit them from there. Or from pub, by treating them as individuals ... not the usual, no-effort, "I beg you, please join my squad, you are not special, I sent this to everyone" mass PM, which is always sent from spec by someone who last played pub in 2008.

Or play pub, which I know might bore you, but it will also allow you to interact with new players. (Or older ones who have never gotten interested in league.) You can show them that squadding's also about camaraderie. A lot of pubbers enjoy chat about reptilians and chemtrails and other such stuff. If you're willing to engage them you can show them it might actually be fun to be in a squad. Please try for half a second to hold back your disgust and contempt, though. Because that sneer is really killing the mood.
                  "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                  -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Working...
                  X