TWD Reset - Rating System is up for testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWD Reset - Rating System is up for testing

UPDATE: We are making progress each passing day. Testing is on again. Play to your heart's content.

TWD was reset today to accommodate the TWD Ratings system. You can test it now, simply by playing.

There is a high chance of several issues that we will need to iron out; statistics mixed up, bots crashing, site not updating etc.
    The more you can report suspected bugs or occurring issues, the faster they can be solved and the faster we will get a solid build of the system.

Every player will have individual ratings changes depending on their current rating, who they play with and who they play against. It all counts towards the gains and losses of your rating.
    We recommend you play as much as possible, with as many different lineups as possible, and against as many different teams as possible. This way the system will be stressed and tested to the optimal.

To report any and all issues: Post on forums or send a ?help call about it. We'll get to it asap.

Staff will try to provide an alternative way to play squad matches if there is any down time to TWD Bots or the website functioning.

Statistics page: http://twd.trenchwars.org/stats
    Currently the ratings don't show on player's TWD profile.

We will show recognition to the most active testers.
    Last edited by Shadowmere; 07-17-2016, 12:06 AM.
    3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
    3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
    3:i.d.> da fk is that?
    3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
    3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
    3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
    3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
    3:Shadowmere> LOL
    3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
    Shadowmere> Rofl
    Up in ya !> With his feet
    Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
    Up in ya !> l44t feet
    Deft> l44t f44t*
    Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
    Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

recognition*
    TWLJ Season 13 Runner Up (Boss)
    TWLJ Season 15 Hit Allstar
    TWDT-J 2012 Champ

TWDT-D 2014 Champ

Comment

Well that started off awkward.

Temporary TWD shutdown. Bots freeze after the first kill.

Hopefully the worst first, and once we've got this fixed we can progress to further testing.
      Will keep you guys informed.
      3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
      3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.

Shadowmere> Rofl
      Up in ya !> l44t feet
      Deft> l44t f44t*
      Up in ya !> Twinkle toes

Comment

0 iq move to test this shit on the day where not only active players log on but also old vets aka twl. 0 foresight.
        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
          0 iq move to test this shit on the day where not only active players log on but also old vets aka twl. 0 foresight.
          We provided alternative match making options, and knowing it wouldn't affect TWL, you lost nothing.

We could've started testing today, but at the same time the first game played could be on Wednesday. That's 2 days worth of nothing, whereas on a Sunday we encountered an issue after just a few hours.

Shadowmere> Rofl
          Up in ya !> l44t feet
          Deft> l44t f44t*
          Up in ya !> Twinkle toes

Comment

point is that this zone experiences the highest population on a twl sunday. active players, semi active players, and even old vets log on to see whats up. if they cant even play a single twd game then how shitty does this zone look? why would they stay? its common sense to expect an error.
            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
              point is that this zone experiences the highest population on a twl sunday. active players, semi active players, and even old vets log on to see whats up. if they cant even play a single twd game then how shitty does this zone look? why would they stay? its common sense to expect an error.

u done its 100 population game aint hurtin no one but u
              https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

TBH ty for trying new things in twd, even though it may have stopped the game from happening for abit, at least we are trying to improve the game. Hopefully a fix will come soon
                1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

It's too late to improve the fkin game.
                  TWLJ Season 13 Runner Up (Boss)
                  TWLJ Season 15 Hit Allstar
                  TWDT-J 2012 Champ

TWDT-D 2014 Champ

Comment

We got to testing the issue today and we've narrowed the cause down quite a bit.

TWD is playable again as we've reverted back to the old working build until the suspected has been rechecked and reworked.

Thanks to: 2pacZ, Paky Dude, Failed, Avatar001, zidane, ro, vys, temujin

Shadowmere> Rofl
                    Up in ya !> l44t feet
                    Deft> l44t f44t*
                    Up in ya !> Twinkle toes

Comment

Made some progress here... narrowed the possible sources of this strange bug. Should know more soon. Thanks for being patient and to the people who helped test.
                      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                      -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

is it possible to have the newsystem bot to run along side the old system as a slave bot kinda that has no commands to run the game but still does its thing? I know probably sounds stupid but what do I know about these programming things? lol nothing :P

thank you for your time guys
                        %killed says "eat,lagged,lamed,lucked,caught,strayed,spawned,te amed,typekill,vulched,rock,newbed,lol,fluke,ooops, wooops..." wa wa wa stfu

most wins/kills in old elim database

rank ---name --rate --wins-- games---- kills ---- deaths --ave
                        4426 - Spacely--230 --14819 --89734-- 516061-- 670940-- 311

Comment

It's sort of all or nothing ... that was the problem in implementing it. Also in testing it.

We continue to track down and smash mercilessly these helpless little bugs. (Crashes/locks should be solved. There is a current bug with ratings not averaging correctly that I am working on, but is just annoying to fix. Ratings on the losing team in bd should now show. Terr and shark bd ratings may need adjustment, especially terrs, and our ratings aficionado Ogron is hopefully able to tackle it, which I can then put in the system.)

General note to throw out to everybody is, if you see anything please post it. I know some people who can't be bothered ("lol staff fkd up again :-D"), but about 80% of the time people are complaining about something it's literally the first time I've ever heard about it. We're a small community here, a country manor, and the maid can replace the lightbulb but you've got to get her to stop watching her stories, come down, put on the apron and then point at the ceiling until she understands.
                          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                          -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Working...
                          X