Shark- mvp in twbd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shark- mvp in twbd

Did anyone else notice how nantos marvellous sharking put him on the podium as the mvp of the match?
    http://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90092171

Maybe the formula is a little off as there was beasting spider who should maybe have mvp'd, but anyhow, its nice to know sharks CAN mvp too.

Qan what stats are emphasized in shark rating?

The rating for sharks is currently based on quite a few factors ... RPD, TeKs, minutes won by and overall kills (the last two being modified by the average rating of players killed). It's a bit complicated.

Spiders (and other fighters) also have a fairly complicated formula, which is split mostly into 3 sections: how much time won/lost by, kills of any non-shark ships modified by kill rate and average rating, and shark kills. Shark kills are deprioritized in this formula. Also note that TeKs are not included or given any special priority. I can't vouch for the reasoning there because these are claus's formulas, but my guess is that he was worried it focuses too much on last hit, whereas spiders generally work together for suppressive fire, grouping, forcing the enemy to work certain angles, etc. Such that emphasizing last hit may not make sense and might actually encourage lower-quality play.

Might take a bit for ratings to settle down to figure out if they're working. For example, average rating over time (if you took, say, 100 matches) in any TWD league should be 100. Might need some tweaks.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

After adding some debug code I discovered a couple of errors leading to issues with BD ratings. The next one will hopefully do it properly.

Ratings for DD and JD should now start updating on the website properly as well. Need to watch to see if Star Ratings are adjusted after matches, too.

Also just realized I need to write up a clarification post of ratings to explain what the hell this all means! (Save that for when they're stable...)
      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
      -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Working...
      X