X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLD Week 4 Hot or Not

Welcome to Week 4 TWLD of Hot or Not

The Thunderer Strikes back

This week lets see which heroes emerge, which heroes stumble and which heroes keep doing....well........just keep killing stuff in 2d spaceship games.

A few of these games due to work I couldn't watch or get someone to watch however I can go through the scores and judge and shame people accordingly.

So here we go...!

Cobra 50-25 Lego

Can only judge the score here, but I would say their is lots of pain, especially when Joemoma, Doughtnut, Tj Hazuki and Pat between them managed a 5-30. Poor Rival and Murder once again solid to lose so massively.
    Lego were missing a few warbirds, and the ones they present did poorly, yes im looking at you Joemoma and Doughnut.
    Ricko and Absent were having fun at the fairground with great performances each and was nice to see Tiny having a whirl in warbird (someone obviously didn't tell Cobra they didn't need to add a 6* star like in TWDTD). Ricko please tell me who killed you with your 1 death? was it Joemoma? Pat?

Hots
    Ricko 13-1
    Absent 13-4
    Murder and Rival for 10-10's on a team (so I hear) so quickly imploding it made that planet that got sucked up by a black hole in Star Trek seem rather slow.

Nots
    Joemoma 1-10 (slap)
    Doughnut 3-10 (slap)
    Pat 1-5 literally a cows pat could have done better
    Tj Hazuki 1-10 (slap)

Thunder 50-31 Paladen

Attacks> how did the game vs thunder go?
    Attacks> I need to write it up
    little bud> I got raped to 1-9 and then finished 4-10 Still a better love story than J-b-Inc and Goddess
    little bud> similar story for my teammates

Well I didn't see this game but from what I understand Thunder dominated it by a good team rush. Ease was back and warming up on Paladen to sharpen his skills for Force. Ogron putting in a good performance also and seems at home in a offensive lineup. Money shot put in a fairly decent performance with 13-10 for Paladen and should feel no shame about it, from hearing a Paladens perspective of the game it seems he has risen as a local hero in Paladens ranks and they have Racketeer rotating on a spit at we speak.

Hots
    Ease 14-6
    Ogron 9-4 (hail the slayer of Paladen)
    Space god 9-6

Nots
    Little Buddha <ZH> 4-10
    Jebass 4-9
    Racketeer 3-10

Dice 50-26 Spark

And Sparks random 5 people logging on for todays TWLD comprises of.............................5 Dead Warbirds. I couldn't watch this game but I could gather that Dice put in a 70% performance and still didn't break a sweat. Racka warming up on Spark like Ease did on Paladen and putting in a solid game. Racka has been using a laptop for sometime i'm unaware if he still is, but hopefully this might be a sign that he will be returning to his best, which would be great for the competitiveness of TWLD. Wbm and Cripple having a strong performances also.

Spark well i'm sick of trashing you for sucking, you have put 0% effort in this TWLD unlike Paladen or Lego, you have added players illegally and still lost and in my opinion you shouldn't even auto qualify for playoffs.

Hots
    Racka 14-3
    Wbm 10-5
    Cripple 12-8

Nots
    Rampage 0-10
    Bugger 4-10

Dice 50-24 Dynasty

Dice smashed their way to victory with another easy game this week. Mythri, Racka, Wbm and Cripple putting in a good team effort and bagging themselves some juicy TWLD stats. For Dynasty my first thoughts were to slag them off for losing worse than Spark to Dice, but I do somewhat feel sorry for them as most of their top warbirds got up and left for Lego overnight last week so i'm going to be somewhat reserved. The problem with hard lock is this, if your players get up and all decide to leave 10 minutes before Lock, there is absolutely nothing you can do to replace them besides spamming people in public and asking them to join Dynasty to quickly to plug the hole. I'm not sure if Ravage had any idea if any of this was going to happen, or simply he didn't care.

Thunder 50-40 Force

Force came into this game as the only undefeated squad in TWLD. Without Skepsis, we were going to see how their freshly added depth, which has plagued them in past seasons, would fare against another TWLD title contender. I call them contenders for the first time this season because, well, Thunder has Ease back. That’s all you really need to know, but here’s a recap of what I saw.

Iron Survivor had a slow start - 1-4 compounded with 2 +1 lagouts that forced (get it?) Shaun to sub in for him early on. Let me stop here though, because there’s no way Force’s best player gets subbed out at only 1-4. WHY DO BOTS GIVE +1s FOR GENUINE LAGOUTS STILL? The +1 was implemented to stop players from abusing speccing to avoid deaths. Too many games have been affected by this garbage and this game was just another example.

Anyway, with Iron out of the game, his running mate, Okyo, struggled to find his rhythm and caught some quick deaths which didn’t allow him to play to his strengths: constant pressuring and causing chaos. However, Cres was in the zone, carrying the MVP (8-5) emblem to the midway point of the game at a 25-25 standstill. TWBC Champion and Triple Crown Champion, Siaxis, then went on a run of his own, climbing to a record of 12-5 and single handedly keeping his team in the game while down 38-42.

Force’s issue remained the same the entire second half of the game though: Ease was still in. Once he entered the all too familiar serial killer mode, the game was over. From 5-4 to 13-5, Ease showed the poise and dominance that won him 5 TWLD championships, hunting out 9 after 9 while being impossible to kill when it mattered most. Force's undefeated season is no more.

HOT: Ease (13-5), 8-1 run to end the game in clutch time
    HOT: Siaxis (13-10) - according to sources, was talking shit to Thunder players with each kill with words like ‘slammed’ ‘u ok’ and ‘slapped’
    HOT: Cres (11-10) - kept his team in the game early and ended the game running from Ease/Weak for 3 minutes straight while his teammates watched and laughed
    NOT: Iron Survivor 1-6 (2 bs +1 lagouts), but still it’s your job as the leader to set the tone early
    NOT: Okyo 6-10 - Force’s midrange, high bpm players rely on the pressure and movement he creates and he wasn’t able to pick up the slack with Iron out

A Special thank you to Mythril who write this piece, as it was a game I felt bitter about losing and I felt a neutral perpective was needed.

Force 50-17 Lego

Biggest blitz of the week, I'm not sure if Lego had all the fight beaten out of them by Cobra or simply Force were angry at their loss to Thunder and wished to take it out on someone. Lego were all over the place and even I could vulch and rush them and my close range play is about as good as J-b-Incs Radar shooting or size perspective when handling women. All force players left with a exceptional score apart from Iron who is having a bad week in TWLD to put it mildly. Lego well like the previous game were missing some warbirds and yet again had to call TJ hazuki which is like calling the 100th emergency service.

Hots

Attacks 9-1
    Siaxis 14-5
    Okyo 10-2
    Cres 13-4
    Doughtnut 5-10 & Murder The only lego players who got equal to 5 kills. Sad times

Nots
    The whole lego team.

Cobra 50 24 Dynasty

Another easy win for Cobra as they blew through Dynastys 4 man defensive line with minimal breeze. Absent doing some good damage here and Tripin having some space to practice his weird ass rush that I never know how to predict.
    At the start of the season with aliased Fierce players knocking around Dynasty, and a solid B line to fill the gaps I really thought Dynasty would be a top tier contender. Funny how things pan out as Paladen or Lego now looks in a stronger position. I just get the feeling Dynasty might fall down the pit of not giving the fuck like Spark which would be a real shame. Maito remains loyal and decent but could do little in this encounter with less numbers and a less strong Dynasty team besides him and I think its official and clear to see now that temujin isn't Apok which was popular theory a few weeks ago and he had a catastrophic performance. Mad Jack the Pirate used his free roaming pub skills to bag a 11-10 score in a 4 man team outclassed, which is worth mentioning ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Hots
    Absent 9-3
    Tripin 8-4
    Mad Jack the Pirate 11-10 Yarr

Nots
    temujin 3-10 GG Apok

Paladen 50-0 Spark

No show from Spark, Kick them out of TWLD already.

Nots
    Whoever did ?squadcreate Spark

Interview with Hot of the Week - Ease

Attacks> So Ease its great to have you back in a warbird from a long absence, Two great performances especially Force, what do you think worked well vs them?

Ease> nothing was working too well, okyo not even attempting to stay alive as usual cost the game
    Attacks> Yeah a big survival problem on Force at the moment
    Ease> it also helped having claus on the bench
    Ease> would have been closer if iron wasn't lagging out though, as soon as shaun entered the game force fell apart
    Attacks> Some people have been picking holes in the Thunder line this year, saying its not as strong as other Thunder teams, and Burn, Pandora etc you have been on, you have proved them wrong today perhaps, who would you say are your key players this season?
    Ease> we have a lot of scarecrows out there
    Ease> hard to pick any key players, it's most likely going to be an even season
    Ease> mvps seem to be spread out from what i've seen so far
    Ease> but i think LD is pretty wide open, more so than it's ever been before
    Ease> not really any super team out there
    Attacks> So you think the quality has lessoned this season?
    Ease> definitely
    Attacks> ok, and anything else you would like to say? a shout out to anyone? or perhaps something else you would like to add?
    Ease> i guess a shoutout to my team for tking me 3x in lj, and claus for doaing me 30x to steal mvp
    Attacks> and for what its worth, thunder were the clear winners today in our game gg
    Ease> gg, was close though until you had to put in shaun
    Ease> so it didn't really reveal anything
    Attacks> Well Ease, thank you for the interview, and congratulations you are this Weeks TWLD hot of the week!
    Ease> no problem, thanks

Once again Apologies for the lack of in match detail this week due to not seeing 60% of the matches.
    British> my 18th tomoz $$
    Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Good write-up, and nice piece from Mythril, thanks for this.

Also, wanna congratulate 17x TWDT-D Runner-up (24, the final boss, too strong) Ease on finally getting more than 3 kills versus Paladen for the first time in four seasons.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ease_paladen.png
Views:	1
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	1282190

Glad you finally got past your arch-nemesis Jebass!
    top 100 basers list

Comment

My one death was to Doughnut and it was a wildly un-aimed shot that I ran straight into when I was just holding down ALT trying to find blue dots...ruined my ace.

Also my word on Dynasty: How can a squad who was one of THE most active in twd prior to TWL completely fall apart and not show enough people to practically every sunday? I might be a crap captain but what's happened there is awful. Warbirds who dynasty lost in the last....10 days - Guero, Geio, Afri - that's the makings of a competitive line that's now gone. Such a waste.
      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
        My one death was to Doughnut and it was a wildly un-aimed shot that I ran straight into when I was just holding down ALT trying to find blue dots...ruined my ace.

Also my word on Dynasty: How can a squad who was one of THE most active in twd prior to TWL completely fall apart and not show enough people to practically every sunday? I might be a crap captain but what's happened there is awful. Warbirds who dynasty lost in the last....10 days - Guero, Geio, Afri - that's the makings of a competitive line that's now gone. Such a waste.
        Was same with Spark, we were the most active twjd squad (something like 500+ games played last season for jd alone) and failed to show in twlj yesterday- i blame the captain.

Wait that could have been me.
        1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

I talked to Cloth, and in the back of my head I'm still thinking the one week postponement had an effect, as it's the exact same result that happened with TWDT a few seasons ago - and I'm not the only one who noticed.

Cloth apparently tried to get their players to show the first 3 weeks, but is just completely fed up with his team not showing up. Excused it with "no one's going to sit 6 hours to play". Pointed out he - and all captains - could've rescheduled games. Something that was noted when the prescheduled games list was announced. Just a matter of taking up arms and showing some effort.
          It's like staff is expected to work hours upon hours tirelessly to do things and everyone else just won't bother...
          3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
          3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
          3:i.d.> da fk is that?
          3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
          3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
          3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
          3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
          3:Shadowmere> LOL
          3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
          Shadowmere> Rofl
          Up in ya !> With his feet
          Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
          Up in ya !> l44t feet
          Deft> l44t f44t*
          Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
          Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

pretty sad to see what happen to spark when they were one of the most active teams in twd in the past few yrs

Comment

Or maybe, just maybe, they are normal human beings and went out with friends to watch the EURO 2016 final. Which, I may add, was FANTASTIC!!!
              "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
              Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
              Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Originally posted by mtine View Post
                Or maybe, just maybe, they are normal human beings and went out with friends to watch the EURO 2016 final. Which, I may add, was FANTASTIC!!!
                Dunno what game you watched...game was a snooze of a final....
                1:waven> u challenge
                1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

I'd just like to take this moment to thank my brothers on thunder for their great win in both games.

When there's a storm lightening comes second because for me thunder always comes 1st. I love this game and the people in

Comment

weak captaincy
                    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Delays are always bad in league, although TWL in general has been a cancer on activity for years. It ALWAYS plunges into the depths after a month. Like six weeks ago there were 3 simultaneous bds like it was 2009 and we were playing 20 twd games a day. Now it's a wasteland.

Hopefully borrowing in TWD can be implemented soon, and we'll get the TWDT defibrillator paddles out soon after TWL (signups should go up in a few weeks in order to finish before Christmas.)

Markmrw also has a proposal he is working hard on to save Spark and Dynasty -- details to follow in the coming days.
                      top 100 basers list

Comment

we old with responsibilities

Well whats wrong is everyones adults now with shit going on. How can u expect someone to sit there and play ss for 4 hour straight on a sunday afternoon?? There are only so many of u nerds left.

The game has changed and you guys expect EVERYONE to play all 3 leagues PPL DONT HAVE THAT KINDA TIME..... WE ALL OLD AND HAVE SHIT TO DO...... And with these retarded roster limits its allmost impossible to not play muti-leagues and have to spend 6 hours on there playing/waiting for games..

Back in the day u only had to log on for your 20min game in one league..... And that my friends is the problem!
                        Last edited by olde; 07-11-2016, 04:10 PM.

Comment

yeah im not sure why dsing/player borrowing wasnt implemented yet....got fgt staffers working on twd ranking stats or w/e and avoiding impactful changes
                          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

read the first line of claus' post and knew it was going to end up with TWDT being mentioned LOL
                            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Agreed with Ricko. Also, the system is just bad and mods are too lazy to do changes even when this game is dying. They should bring new ideas.

We should force this system to have only 6 squads to join and do 10vs10 match in any division. This would bring up TWSD and other dead divisions.

What's the reason to make lot squads with this mess and the arenas empty?

People would say but a 10 vs 10 is gonna be tons of strays, well you use bigger maps...

I don't really know is just an example!!!! >_< just sit and think... think ... think.

Just imagine instead of having 10 rats in a big house put those rats in a small room.... you will see always rats..... that's right you got the point my friend... make this game active.

Kind regards,

Guero "glad that i didn't join this TWL and leave with my two MVP's on preseason"

Comment

Working...
                              X