TWEL-D Season 12 Predictions - Vys Enters the Ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWEL-D Season 12 Predictions - Vys Enters the Ring

Season 12 of the TWEL-D Playoffs begins Monday, August 1st. With qualifying coming to a close, we now know the majority of players who will be throwing their names into the hat to compete for the title of Best Warbird Dueler in the zone. Here are my power rankings:

1. Vys - The pressure is on him, but what’s new? Vys created his reputation in the mid to late 2000’s as a devastatingly talented soloist, whose skill and potential was only matched by his charisma and willingness to stand up to anyone to convince them of his greatness, whether it meant defeating you in his warbird or dueling you with his words. When he spoke, whether you liked him or not, you listened. When he played, you felt compelled to watch. He’s the rare player who can make you notice only his single story within a 5v5 match.

Maybe like Kobe, the numbers and reality of his body of work isn’t as stellar as memory and narrative has us believe, but I’ve seen Kobe hit so many clutch last shots that it feels like the ball goes in every time. I’ve seen Vys win too many duels when the crowd was watching and egos were on the line. He beat Vash 10-4 when Vash was declaring himself the greatest ever. I’ve seen him kill Raspi 9 times in a row to come back and win a duel from 2-9. I see him as the favorite this season. Maybe he won’t live up to the hype, but every time I’ve seen him in a big duel, I remember it being him who took the final shot.

I interviewed him earlier today:

Mythril> Hello Vys.... I heard a rumor (from you) that you absolutely demolished and disgraced LaSenza in a 1v1 duel in wbduel just last week and he hasn't been seen since... before we begin, is this true?
    Mythril> You know he's won 3 TWEL-D titles... correct.....?
    vys> don't you mean heckler from gianttiger? and yeah it was last night. he needs to realise that i'm not on my laptop anymore im on a desktop. i feel like i'm 17 years old again, minus the full hair and body
    vys> oh he has? i haven't paid much attention to twel, even when i was on a desktop years ago, i always prefered the old fashioned ?go #twld for a duel, but i guess i'll have to show people whatsup
    Mythril> LOL
    Mythril> I remember the 17 year old Vys, he showed me how to use Gashi and get myself banned for 3 years.. Great guy
    vys> Speak for yourself I'llBurstWhenIWantMythril
    Mythril> But let's fast forward to 2016.. you've been known as one of the greatest solo players of all time.. there's lots of new talent in 1v1 dueling, how do you feel you still stack up with the young bloods? (Iron Survivor, etc)
    vys> You mean Mega Newbie's shadow? i used to smash Mega Newbie 10-3 all the time, i have no problems with his shadow.
    Mythril> ROFL
    Mythril> Well.. you know.. there will be Legendary Veterans who will also be competing for the title of 'Best 1v1 Warbird' this season.. you know, myself, RaCka, 2GodZ, Ricko, possibly even our own Father, Ease
    Mythril> Who do you feel is your biggest competition this season?
    Mythril> I know you and RaCka went at it for years in the past
    vys> I would say You, Ease and Racka on his day. yeah me and Racka are cool, he knows whats up... i'm sure he's checked out ogron's statistics and seen me sitting at #7 on a shitty laptop LOL
    vys> nah but foreal i'm gonna fuck ricko up big time, i hope i get him round 1
    Mythril> LOL... that's actual beef?
    vys> he benched me on cobra over warbids. the old vys is back, even more cocky and arrogant with more to prove, bring on anyone and they can look down the barrell of my gun
    vys> LOL I SAID BARREL OF MY GUN
    vys> i sound like lasenza
    Mythril> LOL
    vys> I'll fuck up anyone, but will respect mythril, racka and ease
    vys> rest will get a mouthful before the game and a mouthful after
    Mythril> I've heard enough. Thank you for the interview. As a TWEL Op, I'm happy that one of the game's best 1v1 players is finally entering the ring. Good luck
    vys> cheers buddy p.s. fix it so i either get Lasenza or Ricko first round...fuck it put them both in i'll 1v2 them #vystime #desktop

2. Iron Survivor - By far the most active player this season in TWEL-D qualifying, and that means something in 1v1. When you only have 10 deaths and one duel to decide a match, working out any stupid shots that lead to easy deaths or other bad habits is vital.

In both TWLD and TWEL-D, Iron seems to be on a personal mission to end all doubt about his place as an elite warbird in today’s game. In 1v1, he makes you play his pace. He shoots often and plays an in-and-out game that is tough for anyone to figure out. And yes, he lags like shit. He’s already been a TWEL-D Finalist, proving that he has what it takes to forge his way up the brackets. Just like in TWLD, we’ll see if he’s ready to take the final step to validation. A championship will speak for itself.

3. Ease - The ultimate tryhard. Look at any advanced statistic that Ogron digs up from 30 years ago and they’ll all definitively and scientifically say the same thing: Ease is a fucking tryhard. Holy shit. Just imagine what his stats will look like 40 years from now. Fucking insane.

I joke with him but the truth is, HE DOESN’T ACTUALLY PLAY THIS GAME. It’s like he figured this game out in 2003, burned the code into muscle memory and realized he never had to practice again a day in his life. He’s a favorite in every league he decides is worth his time. TWEL-D is no different.

4. Mythril - Former champion. If I’ve learned anything from qualifying this season, it’s that I’m still not the same dueler I was when I was driven to win this league in the past. Spezza no longer duels me 10x a day. I blame him.

5. RaCka - Everybody in this zone knows the feeling of playing a DD, taking a stupid shot and having RaCka swarm at you like a fucking sperm cell racing towards the egg. Imagine playing 1v1 against him and having him do it every single time you miss. It sucks, man.

However, RaCka will be at a large handicap as he more than likely will be playing this season on his laptop. This means shots won’t be as crisp, ship control won’t be as smooth, etc. When you play a style as intricate as him, perfection is required. His overall mastery of 1v1 dueling still gives him a shot to win it all, but he’ll definitely miss his desktop this season.

6. Ricko - TWLD legend Ricko is also entering the land of 1v1. I’m not sure how much time Ricko has devoted to becoming an elite 1v1 player, but based off his talent and consistent TWLD dominance over the years, he’s going to have a shot to defeat anyone that’s thrown against him. I just don’t believe he can win it all unless he really dedicates himself to learning the 1v1 game as most of the players ranked above him have.

7. 2pacZ - Remember when LaSenza had some 80 duel streak or something insane? 2pacZ ended it. He’s a dangerous rusher who has now added more layers to his game, becoming a complete player with his ability to play more midrange and pick his spots when the rushing lanes open up. His recent domination in TWLD is proof of his maturity as a warbird and we’ll see the same improvements in TWEL-D.

8. Kentaro - Kentaro has been one of the most underrated players for the last few years. Not many people noticed when he changed his style from more aggro to more patience, higher bpm and smarter play. He’s thrived since. His dominance in TWEL-D qualifying hasn’t surprised me. He’s going to be a tough out for anyone put in front of him.

9. Okyo - I don’t understand this guy at all when I look at his dueling history. Could win it all, could get aced in the first round against the 32nd seed. I don’t know if he’s a giant troll sometimes or just doesn’t give a fuck? It’s like there’s 6 entirely different Okyos on a dice and everytime he’s added to the game it’s just anyone’s guess which one is going to show up. Could get level 6 Magikarp, could get Mega-Evolution Charizard.

10. Joemoma - Old school player who’s still getting it done in 2016. He’s vocalized his desire to be respected in this game. He’s been putting up numbers on less than average squads and I think we’ll see him aiming to pull some upsets this season.
    PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
    ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

yeah I've not bothered to practice 1v1 in years, so I won't be in this competition long.

It's not really beef myth, as I couldn't care less.
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Man i dismantled 2pacz with 1eye tied behide my back

Comment

saw vys go 3-1 or something at the end of a wbduel vs lasenza, 1v1. will be fun to watch this. gl
        TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Who are you kidding? There's more beef on this plate than mash potatoes, broccoli, Yorkshire puddings, carrots, peas and gravy.

I'm the king of shit talking and the king of warbird. I am king

Comment

Originally posted by Mythril View Post
            9. Okyo - I don’t understand this guy at all when I look at his dueling history. Could win it all, could get aced in the first round against the 32nd seed. I don’t know if he’s a giant troll sometimes or just doesn’t give a fuck? It’s like there’s 6 entirely different Okyos on a dice and everytime he’s added to the game it’s just anyone’s guess which one is going to show up. Could get level 6 Magikarp, could get Mega-Evolution Charizard.
            LOOOL +1 this is the best description of okyo ive read and could not have said it better myself. he has the potential to be the best and the worst everytime he leaves spec in anything due to his highly emotional nature.

props to myth for trying to revive this shit league by hyping up washed up fgts tho lol.
            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

I'm on vacation 1st until 8th. Start it the following please

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post

props to myth for trying to revive this shit league by hyping up washed up fgts tho lol.
                I doubt people would be hyped if the title cres has entered the ring. Stick to being rookie of the century. Leave the warbirding to the top dogs

Comment

lol im rly happy that u got mentioned in a thread title in 2016 man. after a decade of atrocious failures and big talk backed by literally nothing, im glad u managed to show ur face again with the competition at its lowest.
                  1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

it's 1 way beef then, because I'm not losing sleep over benching a has been in 1 twld game
                    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Watch out for olde ive beaten a load of people on the list above and lost to some too, but i have found olde one of the most challenging duels ive had, and anyone who thinks hes that mediocre player he was 4 years ago is going to be in for a nasty suprise.
                      British> my 18th tomoz $$
                      Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

My arena
                        tmaC> 1:fireballz> im the greatest coordinator of all time
                        capE> lucky he didnt say captain
                        capE> LOL BURN

Tapzu> tamzu vleane, we all know tou copied that nick from me

1:merce> ima go take a shower and try to suk my own dick

9:Fludd> guys, i want u all to know something..
                        9:megaman89> fludd go play monopoly with children and dome

1:Kentaro> nice gay name elven
                        1:Kentaro> suits you well
                        1:PUTAO> fuk urself fuk emo, ur mother suck mu penis all day screaming my name

Comment

Originally posted by Tanzu View Post
                          My arena
                          My thread

Comment

My needle
                            tmaC> 1:fireballz> im the greatest coordinator of all time
                            capE> lucky he didnt say captain
                            capE> LOL BURN

Tapzu> tamzu vleane, we all know tou copied that nick from me

1:merce> ima go take a shower and try to suk my own dick

9:Fludd> guys, i want u all to know something..
                            9:megaman89> fludd go play monopoly with children and dome

1:Kentaro> nice gay name elven
                            1:Kentaro> suits you well
                            1:PUTAO> fuk urself fuk emo, ur mother suck mu penis all day screaming my name

Comment

Originally posted by Tanzu View Post
                              My needle
                              Paradise's cotton

Comment

Working...
                              X