Thanks to everyone who participated this season! Playoffs are now officially in effect. Ladders were frozen and the brackets are now established. All tournaments are double elimination, with returning champions Tiny (TWEL-J) and Ease (TWEL-S) both choosing to defend their titles as the #1 seed this season. With only 20 players qualifying for TWEL-S with 3 duels, I have decided it was best to be more inclusive and accept all players with a minimum of 2 duels, bringing the tournament to a 30-man tournament. This means Ease and TJ Hazuki will have 1st round byes in TWEL-S. The championship rounds of each league will begin with the player from the Winner's Bracket up 1-0 in a best of 3.
Cash Prizes are as follows:
TWEL-D: 1st Place - $125. 2nd Place - $40. 3rd Place - $10
TWEL-J: 1st Place - $125. 2nd Place - $40. 3rd Place - $10
TWEL-S: 1st Place - $75. 2nd Place - $20. 3rd Place - $5
Heaven is also adding an additional $50 as a bonus to anyone who wins more than 1 league.
All participants must read the rules below before dueling your opponent. Good luck.
- You have ONE WEEK to complete your duel. This means complete your duel by the Sunday night by 11:59 PM. TWEL Staff will message you your opponent and it is YOUR JOB to set up a duel with that person in ?go duel. If you need extra time due to real life commitments etc, get in touch with myself, Heaven, or Wicket <ER> ASAP in-game or on the forums. It's summer 2016, I know that people are on vacations, have weddings to go, etc. I am willing to be reasonable when it comes to time extensions.
- You are NOT ALLOWED to duel your opponent in ?go duel unless it is your playoff match. I do not want to deal with people dueling 5 times, having someone win 2 of those duels and getting different messages about who won the "playoff" duel. If I see multiple duels, the first duel that was played with the correct rules will be viewed as the playoff match.
- Every duel MUST be set to 10, winby2, nc, and warp. If these are not the rules, the duel will be VOID and must be rematched. Please do not waste my time/your time by setting the wrong rules.
- If you and your opponent do not duel within the one week time frame, I will advance the player who was more actively looking for the duel or just end up replacing you (Replacements will only be allowed in the FIRST round). So it is also your job to let me know when someone is either refusing to duel or just being inactive. If I believe both were equally at fault for the duel not happening, I will decide by an unbiased coin flip. Seriously though, you have a week to find 1 person. Message them and figure out which times work for both of you.
- After the duel concludes, the winner must message myself, Heaven, and Wicket <ER> with who won and what the score was. We will do our best to manually check the results, but please make it easier on us by messaging.
- Unless I tell you to wait, it is allowed (and preferred), that you duel your next opponent as soon as you can. You do not have to wait to duel your next opponent unless a TWEL Staffer tells you to hold off.
- You can't let anyone else play on your name. This will result in a perma-ban for yourself and whoever played on your name from TWEL. Have some pride and play on your own name. You will get caught. Don't be an idiot.
- If you want a zoner for your TWEL match, simply do a ?help call and see if anyone is able to get that done for you.
Here are the Playoff Brackets for Season 12:
TWEL-D 12 Potential Subs: Turban, Chips <ER>, Afghan, fem., destruct
TWEL-J 12 Potential Subs: Riksa, Major Crisis
Good luck to everyone.