No announcement yet.

Labor Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would allow teams in the finals the option to reschedule their match should both teams agree to it. Cobra would likely be in favor to delay matches in all three leagues, should we make it there, but I am not too sure about Force and Dice.

Comment

I'm not a captain but I agree with Rough. I'd rather play everything this weekend. ..even if it is a Saturday/Sunday thing. Hell, I'd be up for a full day Sunday. Labor day is going to kill the finals..and then even after that, no one knows what type of attendance we'll get. We saw a twl game on a Monday..why not just do a finals weekend this weekend? Can we at least set up a vote?
      help: (Violence) (twjd): dice hacking the serve every1 on thundir lag out and noone on dice lagout @ same junctire
      help: (Violence) (twjd): main suspicts in this act of terrorism is mr weak cuz shis the only pikistini online 4 dice @ this instint

Comment

Originally posted by Rough View Post
        There are a lot of IF''s, Dice or Force won't even need to think about playing the amount of rounds/hours if Cobra wins LJ or LD or whatever the case may be but it's a good chance they would play a lot that day if either of those teams won. It's better for the caps/players to be polled by the TWL OP as soon as possible because if Saturday's are even a option, the caps needs to talk to the starters. Even then, pushing the time slots down is one example for Sunday.

I am not in favor of a delay if it's only possible(you saying its impossible but that pretty much up to the players but ok I see where you are coming from)..I'll repeat tho I am not in favor of a delay if we can include finals on the same day..if not, a one week dreadful delay will need to happen or a terrible finals will occur.
        Ok for you... TWLJ starts at 2 pm. Force vs Dice. Takes like 1h, maybe 1,5h. Next TWLJ game can start at 3-3.30 pm. Cobra vs Winner of them. This will take a hour, maybe 1,5h too. Finals would start between 4-5pm. When do you want to get the other games played? LD game is Cobra vs Force. Force wouldnt want both games played at same time, Iron Survivor plays both in LJ and LD? So wont happen at 2 pm. I would guess Cobra wouldnt want to play both LJ and LD at same time. So wont be 3 pm either. And hey the chance might even be that either of the squads reach TWLJ final, so wont be till 4-5 pm either. Like I said, it's already gonna be hard to get it played with two games now. And Cobra vs Dice in LB has to be played. When do you think you got time for this all?
        Major Crisis

Comment

lol i think we're overthinking this a bit, just said my 2 cents since it seems a lot of people cant play on labor day. dice bein salty af cause theyve sandbagged the whole reg season. they obviously will show to finals dwin cant be dumb enough to schedule a 1 day cruise on sunday again.

the issue is whether labor day aka a 3 day weekend in north america before school starts is worth delaying twl a week, is september 11th any sort of holiday anywhere in the world?

Comment

Originally posted by KneX View Post
            Ok for you... TWLJ starts at 2 pm. Force vs Dice. Takes like 1h, maybe 1,5h. Next TWLJ game can start at 3-3.30 pm. Cobra vs Winner of them. This will take a hour, maybe 1,5h too. Finals would start between 4-5pm. When do you want to get the other games played? LD game is Cobra vs Force. Force wouldnt want both games played at same time, Iron Survivor plays both in LJ and LD? So wont happen at 2 pm. I would guess Cobra wouldnt want to play both LJ and LD at same time. So wont be 3 pm either. And hey the chance might even be that either of the squads reach TWLJ final, so wont be till 4-5 pm either. Like I said, it's already gonna be hard to get it played with two games now. And Cobra vs Dice in LB has to be played. When do you think you got time for this all?
            With that being said...I like turban's idea of letting the teams who are in the finals agree if they want the delay lol. thanks for the breakdown.
            1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
            1:Zidane> congrats man
            1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
            1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
            1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

Comment

ruff did you just need someone to completely spell it out for you before you understood the amount of gametime needed?
              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
              TWDT-D 2017 Champion
              TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Right, seems this is actually a thing.

I agree with Turban, we will leave it up to the squads who are actually in the finals

I will open up a vote to the captains of Thunder, dicE, Cobra and Force.
                Captains please message me in game with your preference.

In order for the delay to be allowed we will need a majority vote
                e.g. if all 4 teams make finals at least 3 teams will have to vote to delay, if only 3 teams make finals only 2 of the 3 will need to vote for the delay.

You Americans get too much time off..... mumble mumble. I'm going away this weekend because its the really important August bank holiday in the UK...... While i'm away i will be throwing stones at my glass house and pointing at black pots, or kettles ... whatever .....

Love and kisses
                Mark
                MRW

Comment

as king cobramin, I vote delay for labor (LABOUR) day - don't want diluted finals, which is the most competitive and prestigious round of matches we have in the game.
                  TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                  TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                  TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                  TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                    as king cobramin, I vote delay for labor (LABOUR) day - don't want diluted finals, which is the most competitive and prestigious round of matches we have in the game.
                    It's not really prestigious when you see 5 man crowds (including 2 bots) on playoffs matches with team freqs filled. The only 'prestigious' thing about this, is who loses more water per minute staying in. I'd go into the competitive aspect of it, but there's only a handfull of people who practise every day. Not to mention everyone in general is pretty bad these days.

Originally posted by zidane View Post
                    lol i think we're overthinking this a bit, just said my 2 cents since it seems a lot of people cant play on labor day. dice bein salty af cause theyve sandbagged the whole reg season. they obviously will show to finals dwin cant be dumb enough to schedule a 1 day cruise on sunday again.
                    You remind me of Dimitri Payet on Euro finals with a dash of Stephen Hawking minus the complicated part.

The man aint 'salty'. He's already missing semis this weekend, it's only natural wanting to play one more time.

The big difference is on the word "obviously". The only obvious thing, is that things have been changing and others haven't. But who's surprised eh? Stuck somewhere in 1934?

____

Look at me, I've missed 4 weeks and depending what happens this sunday, I'm not guaranteed for the last one either, maybe making it 5. Salty isn't the right word. Maybe disgusted at 100% show rate mans with near next to no-life and playing another TWL during the in the year of 2016, takes every bit of motivation. I even wanted to keep doing HoN still, but contributing to league that doesn't let me contribute isn't very motivating.

With that said, regardless of winning or losing, I'm done with playing in general after the next couple of weeks, also due to my own reasons. The exception might be if Claus wants my paypal adress <3 and my last duels in TWEL. I already knew this was going to happen when I saw 90% of people voting for ANOTHER summer TWL, I tried pretending and taking a bullet for the zone, showing/competing/ doing HoN/being active, but it's just too frustrating trying to contribute to a zone that keeps doing the same mistakes. We're not fucking 16-20 year old kids anymore with no responsabilities (girl, work, collegelle, bills, kids, friends/hobbies) and that should be taken into account, why are we altering TWL's result again with poor lines and making it hard for most to show (most under practised, on all squads, regardless of the zone's activity and played arenas) and now we get a TWDT in the fall like the week after when it should of been done the other way around. I'm crying at the stupidity. Even though you'll probably atleast have good show rates for DT since it's the best time period of the year.

I feel pooped on every since that poll months ago and so should everyone else who struggled to show and was part of lovely forfeits, playoffs included while the sun was doing work outside.

No Mark, it's not your fault. It's your crowds fault for still being stuck in mid 2000's.
                    ____

PS: Oh and even completly disgusted at most and having my heart telling me to tell you to fuck you all, regardless if we play just wbs final or more, I'll still vote delay to make things simpler for everyone and my people but at the same time also might make me skip the finals I'm voting to skip or make my life miserable to make em. The irony is immense. Most don't really deserve me saying Delay, but hey atleast I'll make people happy and let the work, sweat and utmost dedication reach it's final destination, on what appears to be a huge sitcom show for nerds. A complete joke.`

PS2: One more thing, my tone comes from loving something for so long and now it feels I't cant be helped anymore. I'll still be the loving-goof man I've been during these final breaths, even for the ones taking decisions opposed to mine.

Papi out.
                    Last edited by Stayon; 08-26-2016, 10:24 AM.
                    Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                    Your friend,
                    ​​Papi
                    ​​​​​

Comment

? don't think there has been a summer TWL for years?

Admittedly it's the worst time to host twl, should have been starting it in like....a months time, rather than finishing it in the next 2 weeks.
                      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

stayon you will always have a place in my heart

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                          ? don't think there has been a summer TWL for years?

Admittedly it's the worst time to host twl, should have been starting it in like....a months time, rather than finishing it in the next 2 weeks.
                          Well you are kinda mistaken my friend, recently the trend did break a bit with last season (I think 2 out of 3 recently were) for example but most have been played on the summer, I'd say around 70%. I already vented with my own troll-lil bit serious style on about what I wanted, and calling everyone a nerd is just fun, which is obviously not the case of the entirity of the 90%. It's not bad either, just a perspective. I voiced my opinion by then, but I really couldn't do much. Sep-April is the best time period for TW, hence why waiting for a proper TWL in September and then a Jan TWDT would of worked again for the game and most I believe. The collective hype to play TWL right after TWDT was insane but bad thought out in my opinion which lead us to some poor lines and forfeits for mostly everyone.

No worries, Dice supports whatever you captains decide. Enjoy your games!

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                          Making me blush papito!
                          Your friend,
                          ​​Papi
                          ​​​​​

Comment

Why is this guy whining so much? I feel a rage dissolve coming.
                            Major Crisis

Comment

Originally posted by KneX View Post
                              Why is this guy whining so much? I feel a rage dissolve coming.
                              It did cost someone money last time. It's not going to be cheap again <3
                              Your friend,
                              ​​Papi
                              ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                                IN ONE OF MY TRAVELS I CAME UPON A MAN THAT LOOKED LIKE A BEAST WHO WAS EATING A HEART
                                DOES IT TASTE GOOD, FRIEND? I ASKED
                                -BITTER, IT TASTES BITTER THE MAN REPLIED
                                -BUT I LIKE IT, BECAUSE IT IS BITTER
                                -AND BECAUSE IT IS MY HEART
                                TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X