X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLD Week 2 Playoffs Hot or Not

TWLD Hot or Not Playoffs round 2

Welcome to hot or not

This week we have two epic clashes as four of the top teams battle it out against each other to reign supreme.

As always the trolling was high, the stakes higher and the level of skill higher yet.

Thunder VS Force

Thunder 50-40 Force Round 1

A very timid round compared to what is yet to come. No player massively choking just two stand out players for Thunder which tipped the balance, Vys finally stepping in for Thunder with a respectable 10-4 and Ease grabbing the game by the throat 14-9. Once again Ease staying alive on 9 for a considerable amount of time proving what decades of experience can do for you.
    Force were flat and unimaginative this round, and were being pushed back, which is never good for a attacking side like Force.

Force 50-48 Thunder Round 2

This began much like the begining of round 1, Force struggling early, Attacks and Skepsis slow off the mark. However Iron Survivor was in better tune this game and was delivering what we saw earlier in the season.
    For Thunder, Vys having a complete reversal of round 1 and this time not hitting a thing, Ease however was in that God Mode Mythril talked about.
    However Siaxis entered the fray and upset the balance with a fantastic subsitution from the very lacking Attacks, and finally for the first time the whole match Force were pushing Thunder back.
    A tight finish, this round belonged to Siaxis, but a heroic effort from Ease.

Thunder 50-30 Force Round 3

The round was very one sided, Thunder really showed the benefit of hitting training mid week and playing in twdd. Force barely touched twdd the two weeks inbetween matches with their auto bye. I'm not making excuses as effort should be rewarded and Thunder did put the effort in and hence got a result they were a deserving winner.
    This time the whole Thunder line produced, while Force were lacking.
    Thunder could be a threat to Dice now, as Weak still has gears to go up, Space God and Ro rarely massively negative even if they don't play well, Ease is in as fine form as ever in his history and Vys finally has his CE back, COUGH I mean Desktop of course
    For Force its a wake up call again, They have lost the last 3 competitive matches against the top 3 sides, their players need to practice in the week. Iron Survivor needs to start dominating again, Skepsis needs to practice midweek and dominate again not just logging on for twl, Okyo needs to stop dying out unless hes going 19-10 like he used to. Cres needs to be a survivor and sniper again, Siaxis has to stop having form like my bowel motions all or nothing and Attacks actually needs to step up to prove hes not mediocre and can compete on this stage if he wants to be in the starting line.

Hots

Ease 19-10 14-9 11-6 Best I think I've ever seen Ease play.
    Vys 13-6 4-10 10-4

Nots

Attacks 3-7 2-4 Crap ass

Dice vs Cobra

Snakes and Ladders with a Dice and no ladders.

Still more entertaining than continuum.

Cobra 50-36 Dice Round 1

The other hard hitting game on the table, could a Cobra absent Kentaro still be a force to contend with Dice? And could Dice overwhelm their enemy without their ultimate weapon........ 2Pacz. Of course i'm Joking, I actually mean Best.

I said that how Cobra would perform would be how their roulette wheel consistency players perform Mutalisk, Tripin, Turban, Absent. For the first round the wheel spun well for Turban as he became the Turbanator annihilating Dice, where as Tripin was as useful as a wet fart with no change of pants. Ricko solid as always brought a 12-6 home and is playing well this season, even on the big occasions which was absent in previous twls.
    As for Dice Racka slumped with a 4-10 and Dreamwin who im not sure why he was even playing ended up with a 5-10.

Dice 50-31 Cobra Round 2

After a really promising round 1 for Cobra they sure were disappointing in this one, Tripin struggling massively in these top games and has yet anouther 4-10 to choke on. Turban going from being the Turbanator to Sarah Connor while she was 8 months pregnant with a appalling 3-10. The fault for Cobra this round lies on them. As Ricko, Casket and Rasaq were stable.
    Dice counter charged a overconfident Cobra, With Megaman89 10-3 making a appearance in warbird after so long this seemed to give them renewed strength. Mythril 13-7 crushing the snakes or Cobras beneath his feet and only saw ladders as his score went up and up. A crushing defeat for Cobra which was only going to get worse.....

Dice 50-27 Cobra Round 3

If Cobra felt like gorging their eye balls out last round, I think they would be inclined to castrate themselves with a rusty bread knife after this one. Turban sinking even lower on the scoreboard with a 2-10, Caskets rust from not playing for months kicking in with a 1-5, and Trasher 2-5 getting in on the action because honestly when he heard about a one sided bully ramming he couldn't resist.
    27 kills is something even Spark have achieved vs Dice. Sorry Ricko
    If Dice were missing Best they really couldn't have shown it less as Mythril 12-7, Megaman89 8-4, jav ace 24 11-4 and Racka 10-4 all played blinders and couldn't have done better if you cloned best and put 5 of him in a lineup to be honest, Thunder beware a storm is coming and its not you.

Hots
    Mythril 12-10 12-7 13-7
    Megaman89 9-10 8-4 10-3

Nots
    Turban 18-7 3-10 2-10 If you had spread your kills from round 1 across the other two you might have saved yourself from Not.
    Tripin 3-7 6-10 4-10

Paladen Vs Dynasty

Up and in ya face to Dynasty.

Paladen 50-25 Dynasty

After the game on sunday got cancelled due to the bots going on strike, (guess even they want to retire and have a life away from this game now). I then had to give up my Monday evening to report this game where a larger then usual crowd of 50 showed up to watch Paladen vs Dynasty.
    For one night only Up in Ya!! 13-4 gave up his life time goal of trying to catch Okyo cheating and became a silver slayer in warbird, I often joke Up in ya's aim is flawless and yet he has no dodge but it served him well here as he was snug behind friendly lines firing shots from radar which were picking Dynasty players off left right and center. Racketeer 12-5 who apparently is Last Standing, (I have been told 3 separate people are last standing since the start of twl so I don't put much stock in this) put in a great performance again also.
    When Mad Jack the pirate is leading your warbird line with the best performance and hes the guy with a ambition to stay a 6* star in twdtd you really don't have much options if your dynasty.

Paladen 50-34 Dynasty

Another stroll for paladen, Racketeer, Up in ya, jebass and not u putting the sword to Dynasty for the last time this twl. Thank god they still got Welt and Apok.............
    Dynasty we will miss you, But Paladen were just too good, and Lego half inched all your players, How about that for some Cockney Slang.

Hots
    Up in ya !! 13-4 12-9
    Racketeer 12-5 12-6
    Jebass 6-3 10-6

Nots
    Dynasty as a whole.
    Markmrw for ruining my Monday night.

Hot of the week
    Ease
    Without a doubt he was the reason Thunder won vs Force, and even when he lost a round he did a astonishing 19-10.
    I will try and interview him, but hes hard to get hold of, and he has already been interviewed this season.

Honorable mentions and almost any other week they would have been hot of the weeks. So credit to them also but were overshadowed by Eases performance.
    Vys, Up in ya !!, Jebass and Mythril
    British> my 18th tomoz $$
    Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Nice write up.

"Not", accepted
    MRW

Comment

I love repeating my performances in playoffs. I will without doubt have one huge game and then the next games, similar to what happened vs Fierce two seasons ago, will be complete flops.

short story even shorter; I suck.

#consistency

ty.

Comment

lol, it's always a huge bummer to have to write HoN after losing, props for stepping up and continuing with a consistent barrage of solid pieces.

Originally posted by Attacks
        Turban going from being the Turbanator to Sarah Connor while she was 8 months pregnant with a appalling 3-10
        I LOL'd hard irl at that line.

Ease carrying with a bunch of people going 1:1 is enough to win a title 30-40% of the time. Thunder probably needs Weak, though, given how stacked Dice is, and with Racka and Mythril in much better form than last year. It took Ease and Mythril going bonkers in the Finals to carry a line of this caliber to a title S17 against good competition, so I think it will probably need Weak to play as well as he did last season to pull it off, especially with Dice's 5th (the biggest question mark for them this year) consistently pulling through.

24, 2pacZ, and megaman89 have all played well alongside Best, Raazi, Racka, and Mythril. One of these is not like the other, though. Mega is a legit 3-league player when he wants to be. If megaman89 continues to start as Dice's fifth, I'm not sure anyone can stop them. People forget he's tied for the best post-season in TWLD History:

Does this mean Cobra and Force are done for?

No, but they've got an incredibly difficult mountain to climb. Dice or Thunder are clinching a Finals spot this Sunday, which means Force or Cobra will need to, in successive order: Beat Force/Cobra in the Quarter's, Thunder/Dice in the Semi's, and Thunder/Dice in the Finals. They need to put together 3 consecutive wins against top-flight competition without faltering, and they need strong performances all-around to go 2004 Detroit Pistons and take down the baddies.

Both need to take it one game at a time, and practice during the week. I think Thunder seems statistically unlikely to win against Dice on Sunday without Ease, giving either Cobra or Force a gradual curve of difficulty towards the Final. One of Cobra/Force is going to reach Thunder, and they're a more agreeable target than a full Dice line, meaning they can peak at the right time in the Finals and take down the favorites.

Key Players: Ricko (Cobra), Ease (Thunder), Iron Survivor (Force), any of the Big 4 on Dice.

Wild Cards: Turban (Cobra) -- he has the ability to drop 20-9 on Fierce or 3-10 against Paladen -- their season will probably rest on how he plays, Skepsis (Force) -- he is the only player who has proven himself in the playoffs and they need him leading the team and contributing to win, Weak (Thunder) -- Hasn't played well this season but is starting to show signs of greatness again, and as the Round 2 loss vs. Force where Ease went 19-10 showed, you need 2 players to step up.

I still think all four teams are capable of winning the title, but Dice/Thunder now have much easier paths to victory. They each need to either win this Sunday or next, and they reach the Finals. Dice, however, remains the heavy favorite.

Good luck to all teams this Sunday!
        top 100 basers list

Comment

Good read. Although when you used us playing twdd. We have actually just been playing force lol.

And my boi Claus always "excells" in everything he does

Comment

Should be an interesting end to the season. Cheers for all the write ups, even if you vs'd me you dildo.

From Cobra's POV we really need to step up, look to be a bit more active (we've played a third of the dds thunder/force etc have played) and get some consistency going (good consistency, not Turb's love of 1 huge round then flopping). Casket has returned to the game and showed obvious signs of rust, if we can get him unrusted, get our best line in and build some momentum in the next 2 weeks then we should be okay.
            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Working...
            X