X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who are the captains?
    shaun> would u wash ur sheets and blankets if a chick squirted on it

RaCka> steadman is cross eyed, fat, balding, etc..... but his finger tips are talented in the javelin department..................

Mattey> real talk half the dudes in thailand hotter than the avg american woman

zeebu> what is that one documentary where the one kid kills another kids parents and feeds them to him in a chili for not growing pubes fast enough?

Comment

sign me up
      Geio> Down to chill and play that
      Best> rather log off and attempt to suck my own d

Comment

Terrorist is returning
        Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
        Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
        Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
        Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
        Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
        Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
        Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

TWDT bot is up, you can now signup by typing !signup to the TWDTbot in ?go TWDT
          top 100 basers list

Comment

Has any attempt been made as of yet to introduce permissible double squadding for TWDT + TWD squads along with automated practice games for DT squads?

Comment

This question has been asked a lot, and the answer is that the only person who has the ability to implement this is qan.

It is a great idea, and one that would be extremely beneficial to being able to actually play this game (there are currently 0 squads on the TWBD ladder.)

If people want this feature, they need to ?message qan and let him know that people really want this feature.

The most realistic path, short of a qan miracle, is probably just having people on the same TWDT teams join the same TWD squad. Given that the game is dead, there probably isn't much need to be on Dice or Thunder or Cobra come one week from now. Or have people from their respective TWDT squads join their team.
              top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure View Post
                Has any attempt been made as of yet to introduce permissible double squadding for TWDT + TWD squads along with automated practice games for DT squads?
                See my post a few above; the DSing could be done but it would need the effort of the TWD staff, and probably someone would try to take advantage of it. I suppose at some point we have to ask if anyone really cares, considering the state of the game, yet still that's where it sits at present.

I might be able to put in some hack for a practice game, where you can start a game with a certain option enabled and it won't count it as a real game. But I'd need more information about how TWDT runs. I assume games can only be started by TWDT staff at present?

In the meantime, it's recommended to use wbduel/javduel/base, as mentioned before. As far as I'm aware, not much difference between a practice TWDT match and a wbduel/javduel/base game captained by two TWDT captains. Other than the arena, locking to TWDT teams, and the ability of caps/assistants to make subs, not just the captain of the pickup team. (I could modify wbduel/javduel/base bot to allow a captain to assign co-captains pretty easily, though.) Correct me if I'm wrong there. Anything else crucial missing? I've joked before that I could just spawn new wbduel/javduel/base bots, give them TWDT names and put them in TWDT arenas, if that would give enough of an official "feel," and keep it from getting hijacked/blocked by people playing w/j/b. But maybe that would actually be a solution. What do you think?

Originally posted by claushouse
                The most realistic path, short of a qan miracle, is probably just having people on the same TWDT teams join the same TWD squad. Given that the game is dead, there probably isn't much need to be on Dice or Thunder or Cobra come one week from now. Or have people from their respective TWDT squads join their team.

Honestly this would be probably the most productive move players could make toward keeping competitive gaming alive in TW. Or, like this staff that may one day conduct a ghost train, the respective squad stackers can enjoy their past glory on Squad X and watch it all dissolve into the mist.
                Last edited by qan; 09-13-2016, 04:00 AM.
                "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                  See my post a few above; the DSing could be done but it would need the effort of the TWD staff, and probably someone would try to take advantage of it. I suppose at some point we have to ask if anyone really cares, considering the state of the game, yet still that's where it sits at present.

I might be able to put in some hack for a practice game, where you can start a game with a certain option enabled and it won't count it as a real game. But I'd need more information about how TWDT runs. I assume games can only be started by TWDT staff at present?

In the meantime, it's recommended to use wbduel/javduel/base, as mentioned before. As far as I'm aware, not much difference between a practice TWDT match and a wbduel/javduel/base game captained by two TWDT captains. Other than the arena, locking to TWDT teams, and the ability of caps/assistants to make subs, not just the captain of the pickup team. (I could modify wbduel/javduel/base bot to allow a captain to assign co-captains pretty easily, though.) Correct me if I'm wrong there. Anything else crucial missing? I've joked before that I could just spawn new wbduel/javduel/base bots, give them TWDT names and put them in TWDT arenas, if that would give enough of an official "feel," and keep it from getting hijacked/blocked by people playing w/j/b. But maybe that would actually be a solution. What do you think?

Honestly this would be probably the most productive move players could make toward keeping competitive gaming alive in TW. Or, like this staff that may one day conduct a ghost train, the respective squad stackers can enjoy their past glory on Squad X and watch it all dissolve into the mist.
                  If double squading came out (which eventually will happen), wouldn't the easiest way b to just make a new alias name that's the same as your first accounts name + a 3 digit number or letters of your choice. Fork (112). If it was name + something standard like Fork (ds) then other people could just pinch that name just to get them annoyed (where as my method, noone is going to create 999 accounts with all the number combinations). Now for the coding, would the easiest way be: inorder to register 2nd account on twd, it will only work if it includes ur 1st account name at the start + a 3 digit code. For instance if Im registered as qan and for my 2nd name I try to look like a top player and register as ease (123) it won't work, but qan (132) will work. This is a must though: code it so you can't create a name + (3 digit number) as ur first account. So if I don't have any accounts registered it won't let me create ease (123) or stayon (999), you can only create them names on ur 2nd account providing it matches the name on ur first.

This idea would prevent people stealing names to impersonate or to stop that player from double squading. It would be a lot easier for staff to see who is who + give more control regarding double squading. It would still be easy to see stacking on squads because you know who is who still. Perhaps coding wouldn't b too hard because it just has to match ur first name + a 3 digit number and that it you can't create that special name as ur first account. I could see it working.
                  Last edited by Fork; 09-13-2016, 05:32 AM.
                  1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

If all attempts at coding a unique automated TWDT-based practice system failed, I would suggest still doing whatever needs to be done to accommodate the idea. One less busy way of doing this would be to add a new ladder to the TWD site called TWD-DT, and either:

a) allow aliases to join TWDT-based squads without requiring TWD registration to play, or

b) enable double squadding of players between TWD and TWDT squads without implementing a new TWD-DT ladder, with close monitoring of aliases so that a player can be allowed on only one TWD and one TWDT squad at a time. If this system is implemented, a TWD squad should be able to play against a TWDT squad in any division

Obviously these squads, and double squadding, would be removed before the next TWD reset for TWL.

Comment

TWDT Signups Update

So, the draft is in 12 days, and we're at 110 people. Last season, we had 232 signups (and 270 total including Free Agency), which took place January 2016 (about 9 months ago.)

I sent out several hundred messages about 5 days ago to every single player who has played TWL or TWDT the past few seasons, as well as every recent active player in TWD and Pub -- we'll see how that pans out.

We need 200+ for an 8 team season, or 150+ for a 6 team season. So we need anywhere between 50 to 90 more signups to run TWDT properly.

If you're interested in the best TWDT possible, please talk to teammates, people in arenas, and get them to sign up (?message Ogron, post in this thread, or pm !signup to the TWDTBot in ?go TWDT.)

Thanks!
                      top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                        For whatever reason, this has never been attractive to anyone. Solutions that rely on people working with the tools given don't seem to work. I'm guessing it's because it's not official? We could load a WBDuel bot in a TWDT arena and rename it? All joking aside, yes, recording stats even for practice games really is a nice touch. But is it actually necessary? Simply adjust the attitude. There's not much difference in terms of the actual play; in basic function it's the same.
                        bwjs bots are very basic I think, and they do not have the new features you implemented on matchbots (i.e. personal score above radar, deaths counter). It would probably be smarter to go with matchbots, and modify them slightly to allow automated start.
                        Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                          So, the draft is in 12 days, and we're at 110 people. Last season, we had 232 signups (and 270 total including Free Agency), which took place January 2016 (about 9 months ago.)

I sent out several hundred messages about 5 days ago to every single player who has played TWL or TWDT the past few seasons, as well as every recent active player in TWD and Pub -- we'll see how that pans out.

We need 200+ for an 8 team season, or 150+ for a 6 team season. So we need anywhere between 50 to 90 more signups to run TWDT properly.

If you're interested in the best TWDT possible, please talk to teammates, people in arenas, and get them to sign up (?message Ogron, post in this thread, or pm !signup to the TWDTBot in ?go TWDT.)

Thanks!

Tell M_M God or idk who else is sysop nowadays to send out an email blast, if they haven't already.
                          Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

yeah I was just about to suggest, get the next newsletter to be about twdt signup
                            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by field View Post
                              Tell M_M God or idk who else is sysop nowadays to send out an email blast, if they haven't already.
                              Wirah <ER> has been sending out all of the TWL emails, ill ask him about sending a TWDT one.
                              8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

Originally posted by field View Post
                                LOL yeah goodluck with that douchebag doing anything besides stealing the tw donation funds..
                                1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
                                1:Zidane> congrats man
                                1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
                                1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
                                1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

Comment

Working...
                                X