X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLD Playoffs Week 4

TWLD Hot or Not Playoffs Week 4

May the lag be with you, Opps I ment Force

This week on hot or not we will be saying good bye to two more squads as we decide who will be facing the mighty Dice in the finals.
    But first we must see who will face Thunder ....

Cobra Vs Force

Cobra 50-46 Force Round 1

I don't think I've seen two squads more eager to fight each other and really prove themselves after crushing defeats from Dice and Thunder. Force fielding a strong and usual line apart from a MIA Skepsis. Cobra's line wasn't any less intimidating as finally Ricko, Kentaro, Absent, Mutalisk and Turban could finally stand and all show on the same week.

The game started off with a bang, Cobra and Force were really wrestling to get the upper hand on the scoreboard, Force went ahead a couple of kills, then Cobra would push back ahead by another couple, then Force once again and so on.
    Once the dust had settled two warbirds remained for Cobra, Absent shrugging off his choking demons and being a effective teammate for the mighty Kentaro who was fighting with the same heart and determination he has been showing all season. Force were 3v2 however Okyo and Cres were on 9 lives, with Attacks on 7. Okyo then kicked the bucket and died out (which to be fair third person out for Force is generally good as Okyo goes for surviving) and that left a playing well Cres and Attacks to fight on a pressing Absent and Kentaro. As with most games the offense of Kentaro and Absent beat the standard defensive natures of Cres and Attacks as Cres died out and Attacks faced the inform Kentaro and Absent alone.... and he had no chance and cried like a sissy girl when he accidentally headbutted a rock while trying to escape which furthermore pushed him into Kentaros bullet much to the audience amusement. mvp:Rock was the chant.

A fantastic round for Kentaro reaching 17 kills, and a sweet 11-7 from Absent

Force 50-34 Cobra Round 2

Force launched themselves in a all out attack this round and it paid off, for perhaps the first time this season the team came together and feuds were forgotten in a bid for desperate self survival. Things just went right for Force. Iron Survivor was killing again, Okyo survived a round! Siaxis well lagged out, but not multiples of ten this time, Cres and Attacks were really terrorizing Cobra from radar while Iron and Siaxis gave them space for BPMs.
    Cobra really were starting to show mortality as Kentaro couldn't eclipse the form he had in the first round, Ricko was steady but not the man he was in the previous season games and Mutalisk seemed to be just lost....and was later subbed in for Tripin for 1 death?.

Ultimately Attacks and Cres continued to dominate the ranged game, backed up by Siaxis and Iron Survivor and the score became 1-1.

Force 50-31 Cobra Round 3

Skepsis finally showed up for this final round after....... Skepsis> Hey lets practice all week for twl and own. ?find Skepsis Last seen 3 days ago.......
    Anyway Skepsis included it was once again a great teaming performance from Force with Skepsis playing like he had been practicing all day, Okyo's rush tearing holes in Cobra, and once again Cres having a stunning game and aggressively radaring and pulling a 13-5.
    I really want to put a positive spin on the last two rounds for Cobra but I really can't. Kentaro played the worst round I've ever seen him play 1-10, Ricko wasn't finding his grove. Mutalisk was like a fish out of water which probably had been caught by Siaxis fishing rod the round before and once again produced a 4-8 when he was subbed for Tripin too late again in my opinion as he was given no deaths again.
    I fear this is not how Ricko wanted it to end.

On a positive note, Ricko managed to put together a side this year which was more lethal than the years before, I felt Cobra really could have gone all the way. I think maybe what was missing was a lack of consistently in the A- players which might have been due to lack of practice midweek. But Credit to Ricko he was always present at Cobra games, and he really did make a formidable team and gave it his all.

Hots
    Attacks 9-10 12-5 5-4 Performing Surgery in a clinic? wtf are you on Mythril
    Cres 14-10 11-8 13-5 Good timing to go bat shit crazy aim.
    Kentaro.....................ummm afraid not :P your 1-10 puts you in the nots though 17 kills round 1 was epic. Never have I had a player where I really had no idea wherever to put them in the hot or not selection before.

Nots
    Kentaro 17-9 6-10 1-10
    Mutalisk 9-10 5-9 4-8
    Skepsis For turning up late 9-5

Force Vs Thunder

Force 50-35 Thunder Round 1

Last time Vys and Ease were together for Thunder it was a disaster for Force, however they were missing their holy trinity as Weak was missing for this game, and Ro who got subbed out 0-5 might as well have been. Zidane 1-5 went in and tried to slow the momentum of Force down to little effect, and this in turn was too big a gap to plug for thunder.
    Okyo puts in his performance of the season with a 19-9 and is really benefiting from a more attacking Force, and hey if he is going to die out or get near to dying out 19 kills and a killer rush really isn't the worst way to go. Siaxis putting in a good performance also with 10-6.

Force 50-39 Thunder Round 2

Teaming once again exceptional for Force as they broke through the Thunder line for the last time, Iron Survivor pushing on and claiming the prize of a trench wars league final. Ease and Vys could do nothing as the team collapsed around them, Ogron was subbed out 0-5 by Zidane in a sort of wierd role reversal from the first round.
    Force will be fighting Dice in the final.
    Game on.

Hots
    Okyo 19-9 11-10
    Iron Survivor 14-8 6-7
    Vys and Ease Put you in this box as a gesture of "hey its not your fault"

Nots
    Ogron 8-10 0-5
    Zidane 1-5 6-5
    Ro 0-5 7-10

Interview with hot of the week Okyo

Honourable Mention to Cres who also had a super game vs Cobra

TBA
    British> my 18th tomoz $$
    Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Thanks for the write up, the matches were intense.. especially against Cobra. Okyo went off that one game and Iron went off one game too, was good. Cres was great every game seemed like

Comment

Yeah it wasn't a good match for us at all, it basically highlighted what happens when you have an incredibly dedicated, committed and active lineup that's been kept the same all season vs one that only gets together to play on a sunday (We didn't have our desired top line play together once all season). This is also highlighted with how easily Thunder were torn apart too; we're at a stage with the game where it's gone incredibly inactive due to summer/real life to the point where talent and skill can't really compete with activity because everyone is just too rusty and missing easy shots and there isn't much team chemistry due to lack of game time.

Can't really fault our season, but sunday was a bad day for our wbs....time to focus on LJ and LB. Thanks to all the guys who turned up and helped us in LD this season.
      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

tl;dr version: we suck.

Comment

Potenza and pals! Good write up attacks!

Comment

What ricko said..

Even though we lost (I blame myself because I had stuff going on irl and couldn't show), I'm glad we didn't have a stacked line. It was more fun playing with who we had and we got to see how people react to being in games that they usually wouldn't be in. Moving forward I hope more people branch out to other squads so that it would balance out the league....if there happens to be another one.
            help: (Violence) (twjd): dice hacking the serve every1 on thundir lag out and noone on dice lagout @ same junctire
            help: (Violence) (twjd): main suspicts in this act of terrorism is mr weak cuz shis the only pikistini online 4 dice @ this instint

Comment

Originally posted by Weak View Post
              What ricko said..

Even though we lost (I blame myself because I had stuff going on irl and couldn't show), I'm glad we didn't have a stacked line. It was more fun playing with who we had and we got to see how people react to being in games that they usually wouldn't be in. Moving forward I hope more people branch out to other squads so that it would balance out the league....if there happens to be another one.
              Twlb prevents people branching out tho. There are only 3-4 squads in basing and those looking to play all three leagues haven't got a choice but to join 3-4 squads. Unless you can double squad in Twl for basing only.
              1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

I kinda would like to see a "cap" or rating put into effect...kind of like twdt. Almost like a two superstar max per line per league sort of thing. That's a very generic way of putting it but I think y'all get the idea.
                help: (Violence) (twjd): dice hacking the serve every1 on thundir lag out and noone on dice lagout @ same junctire
                help: (Violence) (twjd): main suspicts in this act of terrorism is mr weak cuz shis the only pikistini online 4 dice @ this instint

Comment

I guess people are going to have to be forced to spread out and de-stack. It's funny because every year people say the same shit but when it comes to taking the initiative to de-stack, they all just congregate on 2-3 squads. I know a few people tried to de-stack this year but as we all know getting beat 15-3 is an embarrassment and I'd be surprised if they do it again next TWL.

It's almost like an arms race when TWL starts as one squad begins to recruit every good player they can and others see this happening and see no way to win than to recruit all the talent in order to not get completely blown the fuck out.

I can also see it from the other side, there's players who are dedicated and want to win, and then there's players who just log in on Sundays to have fun. The hardcore guys do not want to usually play on a casual squad because the squads usually suck and they'd like to win or have a chance to add more shiny pixelated medals to the ends of their names.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                    Yeah it wasn't a good match for us at all, it basically highlighted what happens when you have an incredibly dedicated, committed and active lineup that's been kept the same all season vs one that only gets together to play on a sunday (We didn't have our desired top line play together once all season). This is also highlighted with how easily Thunder were torn apart too; we're at a stage with the game where it's gone incredibly inactive due to summer/real life to the point where talent and skill can't really compete with activity because everyone is just too rusty and missing easy shots and there isn't much team chemistry due to lack of game time.

Can't really fault our season, but sunday was a bad day for our wbs....time to focus on LJ and LB. Thanks to all the guys who turned up and helped us in LD this season.
                    activity works like that for everyone. force became pretty inactive towards the end of the season, hence our losses to cobra and thunder late season and beginning of playoffs. most of the veterans have peaked and plateau'd in this game and activity is the only determining factor left of who has the edge. instead of stating the obvious, just say gg and move on. congrats cobra on a good season!
                    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Red View Post
                      I guess people are going to have to be forced to spread out and de-stack. It's funny because every year people say the same shit but when it comes to taking the initiative to de-stack, they all just congregate on 2-3 squads. I know a few people tried to de-stack this year but as we all know getting beat 15-3 is an embarrassment and I'd be surprised if they do it again next TWL.
                      people are terrified to be on teams where they may have to actually step up and put in work to get a win. their precious e-egos and reputations from 15 years ago are at stake. then on the other hand you have people like tripin. seems like a nice guy and all but is one of the reasons this game's competition has gone to pure shit. he benches on fierce for 5 years straight and uses excuses such as "i like being with my friends" or "im too busy on sundays" (yet is in spec every weekend for them). once fierce dissolves, he has a chance to actually start on another squad and yet chooses to bench for cobra. keep in mind hes super active and a competent warbird. pure waste.
                      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

tripin played in 15 matches for us this season in LD, so that statement isn't fair at all...
                        TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                        TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                        TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                        TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                        TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                        TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

he was far more active than rasaq or turban and still got either benched in playoffs or chose to sit himself.

Comment

you have 6 key wbs who have played all season, we had 6 key wbs who played all season. Someone has to bench and it was tripin for us in this case. Move along.
                            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

in our case our 6th man was an integral part of our season and playoffs so no its not the same thing. the fact still stands.

Comment

Working...
                              X