X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overrated and Underhanded: The false legacy of Dice in TWLB

Overrated and Underhanded:
    The false legacy of Dice in TWLB

Watching Stayon and Mega cry nonstop in these forums and perpetuating hilariously inaccurate myths about themselves and how amazing they are is entertaining, but at some point it gets grating.

Let's debunk the Dice Myth (with a special message for Stayon and Mega about Sunday's Final at the end!)

I'm not going into depth with the early formative seasons of TWLB with random damage, insane lag, cram having the extra block, and CE usage (a former Dice basing champion says he watched Dice win S8 and their sharks were using CE to shorten their death timers, which coincides with Merce using CE in the S8 TWLJ Finals), I'll focus on the modern era.

S12

Dice falls apart ala S21 and misses playoffs. Penetrate defeats Pirates.

S13

Dice defeats Respect in the finals. Good win.

S14

Dice gets knocked out by the original Pandora they had abused for years in the Semi-Finals. Penetrate wins again.

S15

This is the first season where a squad outside of Penetrate gets their act together and starts to stack as hard as Dice in the form of Sage. In fact, they went completely overboard, and had the most stacked TWLB team of all-time.

Sage was the best team S15 by a mile. Dice actually had someone on their team who knew Glavitik (Sage's best spider) set up a camping trip with him on the day of the finals. It took that, and legendary captain menelvagor benching Mattey (their best shark) and Cranium (their second-best shark) for himself (legendary choke artist who bombs his own terr in crucial moments), with some luck and Cape sub-in heroics to win. In fact, Sage even had more minutes won in the final than Dice, they just weren't as ideally spread out across all 3 rounds.

It's actually a pretty impressive upset and win, but once again Dice avoids playing either the best team or the best line (a common theme.)

S16

The season they claim the greatest Dice squad of all-time played. Except for the fact Thunder was as strong if not stronger:

Thunder was a dominant team that season, with Zizu still close to his S15 prime in terr, Mattey/Riverside/Zidane in shark, and Ease/Turban/Shayde/M_M God/Hulk in spider. The lack of double-elimination brackets in most seasons meant oftentimes the finals weren't the two best teams, and Ease and Shayde unable to show to the Semis meant a middling Penetrate line upset them 20-19 and went to the finals instead. Dice never even played the other best team in the playoffs that season.

The worst final I've ever seen, Dice stomps Pene in an un-competitive match. It's such a bore they even sub-in LF partway into the second round as added insult, and still win easily.

S17

Dice split up, forming potential Finals contenders in Sage and Sweet, but Mega/Cripp got axed in a fight with Riverside, and Stayon emo'd and dissolved Sage after a loss, ruining their season. Their motto becomes "S17 doesn't count because we didn't play together." A Thunder-ized Pandora wins.

S18

Dice reforms and stacks with an all-time great spider line, their two best sharks in history, and Zizu in terr. They plan to re-assert their dominance. They take on the S17 champs Pandora in the finals. The first round is 16-15 for Pandora but there's bot issues. M_M God declares the round void and to be replayed completely. Pandora wins the next round 20-16, and goes up 1-0. Pandora is then up 19-12 with Dice in the spawn and Pandora in complete control of the FR and cram when the bots die and the zone is getting DDOS'd. M_M God declares Pandora the winner.

Dice spends the next four years pretending they didn't lose, and Mega goes around forums claiming Dice has never lost a final in a long-running delusion. Their motto is now "S18 doesn't count because bots died."

S19

Dicegeon forms, and they beat Thunder in the finals. Thunder's best player Mattey is missing, but they didn't send him on a camping trip, so that's not their problem. I have no issue with this win -- they won fair and square.

S20

Dicegeon defends their title and loses to Burn. Their new motto is "every season after Dice S16 is a joke", even though they never even beat the actual other best team that year, or played Sage's best line the year prior.

S21

Dice flops after burning their bridges with quality players like Commodo (who Stayon blamed for them losing S20). Commodo takes his talents to Cobra and proceeds to take a giant dump on Dice. Missing players, they see an opportunity to weasel out of losing with the other Semi-Final possibly going too long, and everyone logs off. The match starts on-time, making them look incredibly stupid. They then start-up the Dice myth-engine, going ham on forums crying about how no one would have beaten S16-prime Dice over and over and over again, claiming they never lose anything, and everything after S16 is a joke (S21 is a joke, and basing has fallen off a cliff this year, but S12-S20 are fairly comparable.)

=================

Mega and Stayon big babies that are mad someone burst their bubble, stacked as hard as they do, and don't bench their best players (Spezza S13, Mattey/Cranium S15, etc.) in the Finals to give them easier titles, and they're lashing out in the only place they can still compete -- forums.

Head TWL op Markmrw thinks you should be eliminated for the garbage you pulled last Sunday, and agreed that the Semis shouldn't be same day as finals, but Cobra have been generous and we're going to give you one last chance to beat us.

We'd rather face Dice one last time, anyway, and let's have a final showdown, mano-a-mano for the 4th straight final. Come and get us. You can either go out with a whimper crying on forums like little bitches or show up and actually beat us. You get a free 90 minute warmup, we're missing a starter in M_M God, and we'll beat you anyway.

Or maybe you just wanna hang around forums all day bragging about how you beat 7-star players like Tim, Zung, and Evul when no one gave a shit 10 years ago, I dunno.

So get in the Official S21 Dicemobileā„¢ and face us.

top 100 basers list

1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Since when was paladen in LB?
      tmaC> 1:fireballz> im the greatest coordinator of all time
      capE> lucky he didnt say captain
      capE> LOL BURN

Tapzu> tamzu vleane, we all know tou copied that nick from me

1:merce> ima go take a shower and try to suk my own dick

9:Fludd> guys, i want u all to know something..
      9:megaman89> fludd go play monopoly with children and dome

1:Kentaro> nice gay name elven
      1:Kentaro> suits you well
      1:PUTAO> fuk urself fuk emo, ur mother suck mu penis all day screaming my name

Comment

When dice was in their prime, I didn't like them and they didn't like me. However, you won't find me sitting around forging facts from history to try to make a weak argument that they weren't a dynasty. I did enjoy reading this Dicegeist because it's something new and will spice things up, but it was pretty unrepresentative of history IMO. Are you really going to say that stopping TWLB finals match at 16-15 and restarting it at that time and then losing 5-1 or whatever the score was is not a hilarious way to lose a final? Even on the periphery, it sounds like a joke. There have been 8v8 BD's that sound more legitimate.

Also, how can you say their legacy is false when you literally avoided the most important part of their legacy (seasons 8, 10, 11)? #dicegeist

Since when was Zung a 7* player? The DSB group of that generation were very strong players regardless of how toxic they were as personalities (totem, Eelam, Mouse come to mind in terms of high skill level).

How do you have time to put something like this together?

Good luck Sunday to everyone in finals and thank you Thunder for finally realizing how silly it was to prevent us from playing Dice in a fair semis (although we all now very visibly see who was behind the outrage of the "warmup" issue)..

Comment

lol this is gold, good shit claus for stirring up drama in a rather boring TWL.

I'm looking forward to this Dice VS Cobra game and and will have my popcorn ready for the finals

Comment

Im pretty sure im not making to the replay or even finals themselves as ill be driving, so I apologize to you Claus, for not having 24 hours per day the last 4 months to think about these things.

Second, I type about people's attitudes most time and here we have it...more than ten lies..something common.

And I thought people would have decency to be quiet after everyone realizing whats going on, beats me.

Press, called it 'Missrepresentative' , I call it, desperation to justify something only about 3 people bother.

"If people cared they would of found a way"

When I read that I laughed but sympathized with it because I remembered that I felt the same many years ago. The sooner people realize this, the sooner these bad junk food for teens convos end. But negativity and lying? Count me out.

Good luck in your games.
            Last edited by Stayon; 09-09-2016, 11:22 AM.
            Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
            Your friend,
            ā€‹ā€‹Papi
            ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹

Comment

Get me some dice captains and some cobra captains to contact me and this replay can be a thing.
              MRW

Comment

Claus man... I like you and all but you can't go on at what dice have done. A2M and cig smoke/dwopple is the ultimate sharking pair. And cripple/mega/stayon/cape/mike's (under) and big chief utsav in terr... unbeatable. Don't try and take away what they've done. Dice has been the most successful squad in twlb history. Fact, and that was during when all us nerds played all the time. It's just impossible these days to field and maintain a good lineup week in, week out. We can't even set dates for finals because people can't show because of irl commitments.
                We'll struggle to reach 100 spectators in the finals, it's a joke man. Don't take their glory man.

Love my dicebois and my Thunderbirds

Comment

President of ?Go wbduel
                  Hero of ?go Bug
                  Trivia Master of ?go pub
                  M3 student doctor (MD/MBA)
                  Fide Candidate Master 2262 elo
                  Solved over 600 evil sudokus (avrg time 6 mins)
                  Future Trenchwars Sysop 2050
                  Returning Dec 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Tanzu View Post
                    Since when was paladen in LB?
                    Since we found out Dice used *prize hacks for bursts, ports and reps :P

Nice write up ogron hahah , cracked me up.. you always make things fun
                    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

The right question to this topic is What the fuck is happenin?
                      TWLD 2016 Champion
                      TWDTD champion x 3
                      Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

Enjoyed reading it. Creates good hype for upcoming sunday.

However, you can tell the story in different ways. For example, I like how you mention mattey missing finals when dudgeon won and nothing about my absence when burn won the next season.
                        Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                        Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                        Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                        Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

I am not sure how I feel about this thread...remembering all the memories of each season and it's statistics or actually spending a good 2 hours writing all of this.

I'm going to say both, I feel very sad for you.
                          1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
                          1:Zidane> congrats man
                          1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
                          1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
                          1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure View Post
                            Are you really going to say that stopping TWLB finals match at 16-15 and restarting it at that time and then losing 5-1 or whatever the score was is not a hilarious way to lose a final? Even on the periphery, it sounds like a joke. There have been 8v8 BD's that sound more legitimate.
                            Dice is no doubt historic, just responding to this because its false. That round was voided. They managed to lose 3 rounds (16-15 with dice in spawn, 20-16, 19-12 with dice in spawn) in a best of 3 but I guess for some reason it's still a drama here? The only logical arguement that could be made is that they lost dwopple because of time constraint of the voided round. However for some reason the arguement used is the "never lost" arguement - which is equivalent to some 12 yr old speccing before bot spams the scores and claiming themselves undefeated.
                            TRENCH WARS BILLIONAIRE
                            (THX TO CHEECHOO/JURASSIC/EKKO/CUBONE27/BOMBED/SPOOKEDONE/AS BLOOD RUNS BLACK/GENERAL CHANG/LF/SPRACKLE/TEMUJIN/MERCEDES)
                            PRO FESTIVAL BUYERS:HAWTHORNE/PUREOWNAGE
                            AND OFC DUEL2 PARTNER CRIPPLE

Comment

Originally posted by Spezza View Post
                              Dice is no doubt historic, just responding to this because its false. That round was voided. They managed to lose 3 rounds (16-15 with dice in spawn, 20-16, 19-12 with dice in spawn) in a best of 3 but I guess for some reason it's still a drama here? The only logical arguement that could be made is that they lost dwopple because of time constraint of the voided round. However for some reason the arguement used is the "never lost" arguement - which is equivalent to some 12 yr old speccing before bot spams the scores and claiming themselves undefeated.
                              I don't remember it all that well, just saying based on the way it was described in the original post that it sounded like a joke lol

Comment

Working...
                              X