!beep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !beep

Just a thought, but would there be a way to implement a system wherein players in game can message the matchbot with a command such as "!beep," and on the TWD website once a squad has a minimum of 3 beeps, "Cobra is seeking a TWDD" can be posted in the top left corner of the TWD site very visibly? That way, without logging in, players could still know whats going on in game instead of assuming nothing is going on and staying offline (which I assume many people do). Also, once a team has 3 !beeps, perhaps the bot can PM any available (A)/(C) to ask them what game they're looking for. For example:

(MatchBot)>Your team has 3 active beeps (Pressure, Ricko, turban). Type !sitechallenge twbd, twjd, twdd to designate advertised website challenge.

Then, that advertisement will show up on the TWD site as:

Squads online:
    Cobra (3): challenging TWDD

In another scenario, any challenge in game can be posted on the website similarly, without having to !beep the bot. However, squads will only challenge when they have beeps, and players will only beep if they think theres a possibility of a game. Look at the population right now, no one beeps because no one thinks there's hope for a game. This is why I think the first suggestion (with !beeps) would be more ideal than the second suggestion, but I think either would still be an improvement to encourage those who are offline to log in.
    Last edited by Pressure; 09-15-2016, 10:05 AM.

good idea, but this is dev work that's not absolutely necessary so it won't happen.

Comment

Good idea if possible, however this:

"Your team has 3 active beeps (Pressure, Ricko, turban). Type !sitechallenge twbd, twjd, twdd"

dkm
      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

It would be a nice feature but i don't think it would make a great difference as i go on twd website maybe once a day. It would be nice if it was connected to whatsapp- get as many people join the chat as possible and you would get a txt message if a squad challenges. I guess it would require quite a bit of coding to implement anyway.

Good way to do things is, get everyone on ur squad to join a group on whatsapp, then u can do a count for a twd game. If all squads did the same then twd game might happen more often.
        1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

You could add it as a popup on twd site, but I would also recommend putting it as a push notification on pushbullet as well. I use pushbullet but not sure if its popular.
          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
          Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by Fork View Post
            It would be a nice feature but i don't think it would make a great difference as i go on twd website maybe once a day. It would be nice if it was connected to whatsapp- get as many people join the chat as possible and you would get a txt message if a squad challenges. I guess it would require quite a bit of coding to implement anyway.

Good way to do things is, get everyone on ur squad to join a group on whatsapp, then u can do a count for a twd game. If all squads did the same then twd game might happen more often.
            This is kinda like what 24 and WingZero were working on with Pushbullet. Unfortunately Whatsapp has no API, because they don't want to crapflood people with messages, and many existing solutions are a little tricky to make work (though Messenger might be an option). I made a very basic Pushbullet interface, where you can receive pushes when a new X starts, such as wbduel/base/javduel/etc. They then wanted to make it so people could reply via PB to accept, but were thwarted by message count limits. It could be simplified where a squad will !beep or the like and then when they have 3, it pushes to a channel (squad X has enough to jd) that everyone's joined to. It's just a matter of if people would actually use this, or get sick of getting pushes to their phone all the time and remove it after 3 days.

I did buy the Android module for GameMaker with the recent Humble Bundle, which lets you make little mockup apps in a ridiculously short amount of time. I've made a few Android apps the last week. Small possibility I could make a special Android app (or iOS if I had a Mac to compile it on) to check game status, just grab some info quickly from an RSS feed and spit it out at you on a screen. But in that case you might as well open the TWD website, I dunno.
            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
            -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Why is Ricko stealing "dkm"

Beat it, Niles.
              4:BigKing> xD
              4:Best> i'm leaving chat
              4:BigKing> what did i do???
              4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
              4:BigKing> ???? why though
              4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
              4:BigKing> xD

Comment