TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Yes, why not
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

so TWD staff don't seem to want to communicate to players (3 months since any post on TWD site, or public update), but the ladder reset is being delayed until the new ratings system is introduced.

Personally this sucks; a new ratings system A. Shouldn't be a priority as it isn't particularly needed (we have plenty of stats that have sufficed for years) and B. is not going to miraculously increase zone activity.

What would help would be to reset the ladder (which always helps), build some hype and new initiatives/incentives for squads to be active and stay active and make people want to TWD.
      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Anyone give a flying fuck about rating systems?

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
          so TWD staff don't seem to want to communicate to players (3 months since any post on TWD site, or public update), but the ladder reset is being delayed until the new ratings system is introduced.

Personally this sucks; a new ratings system A. Shouldn't be a priority as it isn't particularly needed (we have plenty of stats that have sufficed for years) and B. is not going to miraculously increase zone activity.

What would help would be to reset the ladder (which always helps), build some hype and new initiatives/incentives for squads to be active and stay active and make people want to TWD.
          this.

Originally posted by Rab View Post
          Anyone give a flying fuck about rating systems?
          Like 3 or 4 mans I'd say.

---

Reset the ladders Shadow, do something my man!
          Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
          Your friend,
          ​​Papi
          ​​​​​

Comment

The new rating system would be nice if it somehow meant anything at the end of the season to the top players leading in specific categories, which currently it does not. Provide small awards and accolades for finishing in the top five? Make weekly goals, kill goals, MVP goals, rounds won goals, shrimp goals. Add to the site a progress report for each individual player for those goals made by staff per week. Just some ideas...anyways, right now the rating system is pointless and all the time, if any, invested in it has been nothing short of a waste of time.

Comment

yea should probably reset

Comment

Meant to keep people better posted about this. Ratings are finished after some unexpected delays. That was a hell of a long project. I think it should add an interesting dimension to competition, though, laddering individual players. We'll have to see if it works fairly. But, long story short, it's not in the way of anything anymore, and yes, TWD will be in for a reset very soon.

Originally posted by Rasaq
                Provide small awards and accolades for finishing in the top five? Make weekly goals, kill goals, MVP goals, rounds won goals, shrimp goals. Add to the site a progress report for each individual player for those goals made by staff per week. Add to the site a progress report for each individual player for those goals made by staff per week.

Good stuff. Don't think we have the manpower for a lot of that (consider the size of the playerbase and you'll get an idea of the size of staff) but it looks like a tasty project for someone who wants to sink their teeth in to something pretty interesting.

anyways, right now the rating system is pointless and all the time, if any, invested in it has been nothing short of a waste of time.

"If any"? I know you might be sore about it not having gone as smoothly as it could have, but there's no reason to be a dick. The foundation for what can be done with it was literally just finished a few days ago due to some issues that were out of my hands. What we can do with it going forward has yet to be seen, though there are a lot of possibilities. Keep looking forward. If you want to push it in the right direction, pick a few very specific ideas you think would be the most effective, and lay out clearly how you'd like to see them implemented.
                "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

One nice feature regarding ratings and twd site would be On the rise and On the fall -box (or HoN of the week/day) where you can see whos been playing better than their average and whos not. This list would only include rating changes, not top players of the zone (what elim ladder kind of does). If getting on the list is easy enough, even weaker players have a shot at getting it done, which I see rewarding to those who rarely even win one twd match.

But yea, i suppose people want to see player borrowing implemented before anything else.

Comment

hey qan, thanks for the good work

is it possible to add a few boxes on the main page showing 'top kills in a round', 'top rating' etc. per month?
                    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

is it possible to add a few boxes on the main page showing 'top kills in a round', 'top rating' etc. per month?

This if possible for Pub as well
                      Would initiate more competition and hopefully more people to play in pub as well
                      maybe even drag back some oldies who love that attention
                      and get the corrupt base system less attention because base pub is not fun atm at least imo

Comment

Do something...ever.

Resetting ladders would be a good start to make that popular opinnion on Shadowmere, around 96,3% instead of 98,2%.
                        Last edited by Stayon; 10-03-2016, 11:46 AM.
                        Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                        Your friend,
                        ​​Papi
                        ​​​​​

Comment

honestly this is pathetic as hell. not only does shadowmere do absolutely nothing, he doesn't even have the decency to communicate anymore. get this incompetent clown fired already.
                          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

To give my unbiased opinion on the matter, I do respect his work ethic as a regular staffer, but the unfortunate truth is that he is a terrible fit as a department leader due to him lacking in both management and social skills, and on top of that he is not very liked by the players which is a huge minus given how this game is ran by the community. Nonetheless he was given a chance to prove his worth to the game and magnificently failed to deliver.

As much as it hurts me to say this, I do feel he should be fired and someone else should be given the chance to improve the department. The fact that he has been trying to publicly shift the blame on Ogron for his own lack of activity is an instant red flag which should have been addressed by his superiors. He could have spent all this time working on numerous different side projects, but instead he refuses to do anything remotely useful until the developers rating project has been finished which is another clear sign of his incompetence as a department leader.

The players would have been happy with something as simple as a continuity plan to ensure the community that we have not given up on all hope, or by figuring out a way to make TWD more appealing for the new players, or anything really. Instead we get nothing but excuses which is not fair. There is a reason why we have demanded for staff transparency for years, and still only a small percentage of staff members have the decency to create public announcements and posts to better the communication between the players and staff. It is incredibly hard to restore the faith and trust between these two parties when the same fucking issues keep popping up on a frequent basis.

Comment

Shadowmere is a fucking useless faggot get rid of this lazy scumbag
                              Geio> Down to chill and play that
                              Best> rather log off and attempt to suck my own d

Comment

Working...
                              X