Trade Calculator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Calculator

The trade calculator has been updated into its likely final incarnation with all the latest player info for the season!

You can check it out here: TWDT 2016 Fall Trade Calculator

Trade Week begins Sunday, October 16th at 1pm (just prior to Week 3), and ends Monday, October 24th at 11:59pm (just after Week 4).

Any part of the sheet that has yellow background and red text is editable so you can manually input names/values and see what trades would get approved or denied

Please remember that you still need to disclose all activity information you have on players you're trading, even if the Trade Calculator approves it. If you know x player can only show every other week, can't show for playoffs, etc. you need to disclose it. Trying to pawn off players you discover can't show much or for a period of time is unequivocal grounds for the trade to be rescinded manually by a TWDT Op.

If you literally have no information on a player, never spoke to them, and they're last seen 10 days ago and another captain wants to gamble, that's fine, but if you know they're on vacation in Jamaica for 5 weeks and the player comes back and says they told their captain so, there will be harsh repercussions. Please don't be a dick!
    top 100 basers list

Hmm, if Best cannot be traded for Commodo, I think the calculator has been calibrated too strictly. It's based on too many inputs with large deviations, for example somebody ranked 10* might be playing more like an 8*. Also, a trade doesn't have to be mathematically equal to be mutually beneficial. The 'full disclosure' sounds good in theory, but that liability falls with the opponent captain to check tbh... there's just too many barriers to trading in this system, which will make the league less dynamic in the end. I appreciate the effort that has gone into this, but I think all the captains are sensible enough to make trades without supervision. The trade window has been narrowed to one week, so I'm sure that will cut down on a lot of the abuse we saw last season.

Should be a 100% laissez-faire system for trading in my opinion. Just ?message captains to be vigilant and that's as far as you need to go.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I appreciate your input, and as we talked about in-game, we have philosophical differences about the issue. I think both your POV and mine are valid and logical. I understand the desire for it to be a Darwinian-type system placing the burden of success of failure solely on the captains, and place the responsibility in the hands of those players.

My view is that the 30 players' experience under the captain making poor trades and thus likely ruining their season is more important than letting captains trade as they please without oversight.

With reference to your Best for Commodo example, you are quite easily able to trade one for the other in the 2-for-1 trade slot, producing what I think is an acceptable trade. 1-for-1 trades where the Multi-Ship category does not match results in an automatic Denial -- this is why your trade didn't work. Best is impact player in all three leagues, while you're an impact player in two. I think if you give the Trade Calculator a chance you'll find that while robust and hawkish, it is flexible enough to accommodate most trades by properly greasing the wheels in the 2-for-1 category.

Remember that you can trade multiple players with a fellow captain in a single transaction, as long as you can fit the lego pieces together finding a match for all the players involved in the 1-for-1 and 2-for-1 slots.

If we feel like the Trade Calculator isn't working out, we'll just ditch it and move to the FFA system you prefer, and I'll extend the trade week appropriately to make up for lost time. Let's just give it a chance first, and should thing awry we'll dump it and do it your way.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Best for Commodo should definitely be permitted. If it doesn't allow that it's gonna cause more problems than it solves.

IMO we should ditch trades entirely, it's not necessary.

Comment

Working...
        X