Top 100 Warbirds (Updated)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 100 Warbirds (Updated)

DISCLAIMER: These stats include only the top teams in TWLD in games against each other. See the bottom of this post for the list of squads included each season.

With TWLD S21 complete, I've updated the all-time warbird stats list with all the accrued games between the top four teams (Dice, Force, Cobra, and Thunder). While I have sadly gone into the negative in plus-minus, others have fared better, with Okyo, Iron Survivor, and Cres shooting up the ratings, newer players making their marks, and familiar faces maintaining the status quo.

Even with Skepsis active and on a championship team, Best still managed to eclipse him and move into 4th all-time with another amazing season. Okyo made the biggest gains, putting together one of the best playoff runs in TWLD history, notching a GameScore of 71, which led all players by a large margin (GameScore is Kills + Plus/Minus in your best two out of three rounds in the Finals and Semi-Finals -- and the Winner's Quarter-Finals S19/S20/S21, pro-rated to fall in line with prior seasons.)

The stats now include your two best playoffs between S12-S21 in the Playoffs 1 and Playoffs 2 columns (your GameScore from those playoff seasons.)

Due to the large influx of games, I increased the 100% Confidence from 30 Games Played to 35.

Legend:

GP -- Games Played
    Conf. -- Confidence (Set to 35 GP)
    KPG -- Kills Per Game
    DPG -- Deaths Per Game
    Win % -- Percentage of games won
    Alive % -- Percentage of games won where you stayed alive and didn't die out
    Ceiling -- Your talent ceiling (i.e. your ability to carry games)
    Playoffs 1 -- Your best playoffs (expressed as GameScore)
    Playoffs 2 -- Your second best playoffs
    Plus-Minus -- Kills minus deaths
    Rating -- Your overall rating factoring in all these stats, multiplied by Conf.

Only games between the top squadrons of every season were calculated:

S12: Thunder, Quake, Heavy, Pirates, Sweet, Dynasty
    S13: Thunder, Quicksand, Mad, Epidemic, Fatal
    S14: Fierce, Sk8, Pandora, Sweet, Savanger
    S15: Fierce, Thunder, Dice, Sweet
    S16: Fierce, Thunder, Real, Penetrate
    S17: Fierce, Pandora, Cobra, Sweet, Raid
    S18: Fierce, Pandora, Value, Wolf
    S19: Fierce, Thunder, Cobra, Sweet
    S20: Fierce, Burn, Cobra, Potenza
    S21: Dice, Thunder, Cobra, Force
    Last edited by ogron; 10-01-2016, 08:18 AM.
    top 100 basers list

Here are the Ceiling stats from the main sheet, an important metric that separates the Carries from the Supports. While being consistent, staying alive, and providing 8-7, 9-6 and 10-9 scores for the team is a valuable asset for a championship team, this stat helps really identify the truly game-changing players who outright dominate games and lead the charge.

I've added the Gains column to show to has moved up the most this season. No one did that more than Okyo, who shot up from 30th to 7th in less than one season with some absolutely massive performances, including a 19-kill game, and one of the greatest playoff runs ever.

The five most dominant players on a Per Game basis in terms of Herculean performances are Ease (10.4), Best (9.9), Okyo (9.1), Engineers (8.2), and Apok (7.2).

Turban (6.9), DEEZ NUTS (6.9), Raspi (6.8), delectable (5.9), and Skepsis (5.5) round out the top ten in terms of players who can win a game with a singular outing.

Last edited by ogron; 09-30-2016, 07:09 AM.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

christ I suck
      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
        christ I suck

Well, let me add a stat column for you: Team P-M. It represents your teammates Plus-Minus in games you were in.

When your teammates are -330 in 48 games, and you're only -13 AND you're the 8th all-time carry (with a 230 Ceiling), chances are you're not the problem.

It must be nice playing on Fierce lol
        top 100 basers list

Comment

You can actually take it one step further, and create a stat called vs. Teammates. You just divide your teammates plus-minus by 4, creating your 'average' teammate's plus-minus in the games you were in (divided by the amount of games played, so it's a per-game stat). Then you divide your individual plus-minus by the amount of games played, and compare your plus-minus and your average teammates in the games you played.

Here, you can see Ease's teammates were a combined -45 in 80 games, so they were -0.56 plus-minus per game. You play with four other people, so you need to divide that -0.56 by 4, so his average teammate was -0.14 plus-minus per game. Ease is +195 in 80 games, meaning he's +2.44 plus-minus per game. Compare that to the strength of his teammates, and he's +2.60 better than his average teammate in every game.
          Apok is +0.3, meaning he's only performed slightly better than the average of his teammates. Skepsis is -0.1, meaning he's performed at the exact same level as his average teammate.

You're at +1.4, meaning you significantly outperform your teammates every game in the same lines facing the same opponents.

And if you factored vs. Teammate into the Ratings formula, it would certainly impact the Rankings, as you can see here.
          Last edited by ogron; 09-30-2016, 08:41 AM.
          top 100 basers list

Comment

nice work!

Out of everyone on that entire list my team P M is drastically worse than anyone else's LOL
            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
              christ I suck
              LMFAO

Comment

you may already be, but could you do this for jav?
                1:waven> u challenge
                1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                  you may already be, but could you do this for jav?

Probably not, unless you want to do the data entry :wink3:
                  top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                    You can actually take it one step further, and create a stat called vs. Teammates. You just divide your teammates plus-minus by 4, creating your 'average' teammate's plus-minus in the games you were in (divided by the amount of games played, so it's a per-game stat). Then you divide your individual plus-minus by the amount of games played, and compare your plus-minus and your average teammates in the games you played.

Apok is +0.3, meaning he's only performed slightly better than the average of his teammates. Skepsis is -0.1, meaning he's performed at the exact same level as his average teammate.

You're at +1.4, meaning you significantly outperform your teammates every game in the same lines facing the same opponents.

And if you factored vs. Teammate into the Ratings formula, it would certainly impact the Rankings, as you can see here.
                    I believe theres an issues with the stats. Are these stats for all games played for me? I think i only had a negative K in one season I believe S17 on Cobra as Quaint (please add that to the table) like 47-50. Seems a bit confusing how it shows im negative 30 overall
                    1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
                    1:pascone> folder is empty :/
                    1:Tiny> LOL
                    1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

Comment

Originally posted by kentaro View Post
                      I believe theres an issues with the stats. Are these stats for all games played for me? I think i only had a negative K in one season I believe S17 on Cobra as Quaint (please add that to the table) like 47-50. Seems a bit confusing how it shows im negative 30 overall
                      this is twl playoff stats son
                      AKA Shaun
                      ----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by kentaro View Post
                        There is no error. These stats include only the top teams in TWLD in games against each other. This is why so many great players have negative plus-minus. The majority of the Top 50 players have significantly better raw stats. If there is a game in S15 between Fierce and Sweet, I included it. If it's a game between Thunder and Paladen, it is excluded.

The purpose of these stats is to see how the top players fare against other top players on the best teams, not how badly you can stomp Spark. That just inflates everyone's numbers to the point where they are meaningless.

I also removed small sub-ins and only counted the 5 players who played the majority of the game. I combined as many aliases together as possible. This is why there is only one 20 kill game in 10 seasons on this list -- obviously a lot of people have dropped 20+ games on scrubs, but only Best has done it versus real competition.

Here are the squads included in these stats:

Only games between the top squadrons of every season were calculated:

S12: Thunder, Quake, Heavy, Pirates, Sweet, Dynasty
                        S13: Thunder, Quicksand, Mad, Epidemic, Fatal
                        S14: Fierce, Sk8, Pandora, Sweet, Savanger
                        S15: Fierce, Thunder, Dice, Sweet
                        S16: Fierce, Thunder, Real, Penetrate
                        S17: Fierce, Pandora, Cobra, Sweet, Raid
                        S18: Fierce, Pandora, Value, Wolf
                        S19: Fierce, Thunder, Cobra, Sweet
                        S20: Fierce, Burn, Cobra, Potenza
                        S21: Dice, Thunder, Cobra, Force

Originally posted by An Unknown Killa
                        this is twl playoff stats son
                        These stats include both regular season and playoff games between these select teams.
                        top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                        X