No announcement yet.

Public memo - October 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah because that's not a Rick Roll nor virus in any shape or form.
    3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
    3:45th President> do it
    kyler> who is 45th President
    nah> donald j trump

Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

Comment

Comment

I keep voting to approve pps. idk who the hell keeps voting no
        8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

In all seriousness, we have 1 active dev left on this game. Some of you recent college graduates, instead of complaining on forums, or to the millions of constant suggestions we have, someone step up and take the time and write a script, a program, a bot, make a map, offer to host a tournament, run a league.

This game is Volunteer based. step up or shut up.

Comment

Cool chart.

I noticed nobody is in charge of public arena. How, after all these years, have you not realized how important the public arena is to the health of this game and the divisions, and all the sub-arenas? People leave if pub is dead which means they aren't around long enough for any of those other things to get started.

The past week I played about 2 hours a day for 6 days around peak population times because I wanted to see if I could figure out why the game is almost always dead. I saw basing start up with 6 vs 6 or more (counting people in the base, not the size of public teams) 7 times in those 12 hours and every single time levs and lts made base terrs leave which reduced the size of public teams by half or more. When people are basing more people stick around and the population grows which allows other sub-arenas to be started up and makes finding a DD/JD/BD easier.

You have Quality Assurance, and a sysop with nobody under him but not one mention of the public arena. There should be more focus on the one part of the game that (in theory) should be running 24/7, especially since it's the only part of the game new people experience before they decide to quit.

Also, what happened to the levi "compromise"? Seems like Bounty flat out lied because levs are more powerful than ever. They spawn with 2 reps, a rocket and can have more portals than a terr, PLUS they still get team greens even though they are the least useful ship (typically) to a team.

I have played pub for 16 years and I have never seen it so neglected. I guess it's my last hope that someone with some sense, who is in a position to change things will listen. We need someone to run pub the way mootland farmer used to. We need someone who will include the daily pub players in the decisions and ship/game balancing. No more HUGE balancing decisions made by one (biased) player, looking at you Bounty.
            (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

I have to agree with kontrolz Pub is our first introduction to new players.
              Most games sort this out with levels or maps for advanced players.
              We do not have the population for that anymore.

Pub is where people come to warm up, Pub is where people come to have fun, Pub was the original.
              Even if its just changing the color of the tetris blocks making up the base do it. Start off small then move up to bigger things like maybe updating the front page with more events like ohhh I dono at least one or two a month hell even if its bugs zombies battleship tanks mario cart ect...

The people will come back meet old friends and get sucked back into the love that is subpace

As for the changes in ships those are mostly to please individual's imo
              Hell even if its more word games or something we can get the population back up.

People need to go on twitter or any digital site facebook even ewwwww hate them but yea and talk about what a great time you had on this old shooter last night and how tight knit the community is.

I rarely see it above 130-40 lately
              Like was said Public Arena is the first face people see when they come into the game. The more friendly ie ZH or some other helper pm's the new guy and asks if they need help or training or hell anything.
              This doesnt need programers or bot makers just people even not mods to help out and spread the word.

Comment

Originally posted by Kontrolz View Post
                You have Quality Assurance, and a sysop with nobody under him but not one mention of the public arena.
                thats because our Quality Assurance makes sure that the quality of this game remains shit
                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                  thats because our Quality Assurance makes sure that the quality of this game remains shit
                  its only fair, he brown nosed his way all the way to the top
                  plenty to go around
                  The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                  SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

I'm wondering what can possibly be done to improve pub? It seems fine to me, maybe hosting huge pubbux base series and prizing the winners? I don't know what else can be done to improve it besides maybe tweaking ship sets which will make some people happy and others upset.

I know what we really need right now is another league

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Red View Post
                      I'm wondering what can possibly be done to improve pub? It seems fine to me, maybe hosting huge pubbux base series and prizing the winners? I don't know what else can be done to improve it besides maybe tweaking ship sets which will make some people happy and others upset.

I know what we really need right now is another league
                      http://forums.subspace.tw/showthread...rdination-Team

Perhaps you can get with MC and offer to help him run one of them.

Comment

"Hi mom, this Christmas can Santa get me a desktop computer, rather than the Xbox one with call of duty and skyrim."

Let's be real, it's too late to do anything now. The skill set is too complexed for new players. Forget trying to advertise to new players.

What we should do is speak to other zones and combining all ship settings, maps and events into one zone and host a mixture of games from each zone in the big zone. We need to become the Pangaea

Comment

Originally posted by Ivf View Post
                          "Hi mom, this Christmas can Santa get me a desktop computer, rather than the Xbox one with call of duty and skyrim."

Let's be real, it's too late to do anything now. The skill set is too complexed for new players. Forget trying to advertise to new players.

What we should do is speak to other zones and combining all ship settings, maps and events into one zone and host a mixture of games from each zone in the big zone. We need to become the Pangaea
                          This is probably the best possible move going forward, consolidation of the zones. I remember people have brought this up in the past before, and it was killed due to zone owners still trying to maintain control. I would imagine that all zones could probably be hosted under TW since it's the biggest zone.

The only challenge would be convincing players and the owners that their zone would have to become a sub-arena of TW? This would greatly benefit TW the most but who knows. The bureaucracy that exists still in this dead game is ridiculous

Comment

lols cabrabannog would prolly rather see svs die before he sees it in tw.
                            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

It's the only possible way to prolong this game. But will people be willing to participate in the other zones arenas? Or will it be everyone in one zone but in the same arenas...

Comment

Originally posted by Ivf View Post
                                It's the only possible way to prolong this game. But will people be willing to participate in the other zones arenas? Or will it be everyone in one zone but in the same arenas...
                                svs players don't like trench wars but i don't see why we couldn't try? there's a small chance some twers will play more pracs like this as long as they get picked... people need to think about the bigger picture instead of their own egos to make it work
                                TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X