TWBD Rated Borrow Cap Extend to 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWBD Rated Borrow Cap Extend to 3?

Hello fellow Basers, Warbirds, Javelins, Afkers and Forum trolls!

As you know we have got underway with our Rated Borrowing system, There has been a few kinks along the way but I think we are more or less there.

Currently with player borrowing you can borrow one player in TWDD/TWJD and two in TWBD.

However there has been a lot of interest from players who would like to extend the borrowing from Two to Three players for TWBD

I wish to hold onto the squad feel, however promoting league activity is also one of my duties,

TWDD/TWJD will remain with a one player limit, TWDD/TWJD are looking healthy (especially TWJD) and it seems to be the general opinion is people are happy with this.

This isn't a vote, however please express your opinions here or ?message me in game (Attacks) and I will make a decision based on peoples arguments. However If you would only like to send me messages of love that's ok also.

Many thanks

-Attacks and the TWD Team
    British> my 18th tomoz $$
    Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Sure, 3 is fine. At this point if we're doing borrow games, it'll be more fun if one squad has 6 and the other squad has 3 if the squad with 3 can borrow 3 to make it 6v6. A late BD last night was available and Wreck had 6, but we only had 3 so when we borrowed 2 we had to play 5v5 and 5v6 to make it interesting/fun. If we were allowed to borrow another it would have been a pretty fun 6v6. Tbh, There shouldn't even really be a limit with borrowing, but for now try 3 and see what happens since it is all experimental anyway.

As an aside, I think following should be tested/implemented:

• (MatchBot6)>A TWD basing match has started and borrowing has been enabled. ?go twbd to play! - this should be PMed to every online player, or at the very least, every online TWD-registered player once a borrow game is confirmed (in any league). This will increase TWD awareness, increase opportunity for squadless/new players to play, and increase available players to choose from for squads who may not have enough.
    • Make it possible to request borrow players during an ongoing game, and to allow these players to !addplayer or !sub as needed
    • Consider getting other zone(s) involved in TWD. I think a TW division for EG baseduel, EG eliteduel, or Devastation would be a fantastic way to add some diversity to TW gameplay. All 3 of the aforementioned leagues require a minimum of 3 players (or 2, if considering eliteduel), and in my experience have been very fun and appealing for TW players. EG is pretty dead, and since we have benefited largely from many of their players moving over in the past 5-10 years, it would be nice to pay tribute to them and offer the opportunity to have their league automated, competitive, and active again. I would 100% play a TWDete, TWDegbd, TWDdev match.

That's all for now, good job so far Attacks!

Comment

Cud enable the adding of borrowed players during the game when borrowing was accepted prior to the game? I don't get why we shouldn't... It happened that !borrowing was done at last 10 seconds and we didn't have time to !borrow players.

Comment

1. make it 4 for bds and itll be more beneficial (most will agree)....had like 5-6 bd games happen back to back last night

2. still not seeing the games appear on site...aka 0 stats for them which is annoying and still plays a part in devaluing the !borrow system
        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback all, it is appreciated. Please continue to report any bugs that you find or any suggestions that you have.

Cud enable the adding of borrowed players during the game when borrowing was accepted prior to the game? I don't get why we shouldn't... It happened that !borrowing was done at last 10 seconds and we didn't have time to !borrow players.
          This has actually been done now. Maybe after your post th

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
          1. make it 4 for bds and itll be more beneficial (most will agree)....had like 5-6 bd games happen back to back last night
          4 hasn't been discussed yet, but if there is some serious support from the community we could certainly try it out at least

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
          2. still not seeing the games appear on site...aka 0 stats for them which is annoying and still plays a part in devaluing the !borrow system
          This is a weird one that we are working on fixing some niggly bugs out on.
          The TWD site is recording the games, is recording the stats and is putting them on the TWD front page, for example. - http://twd.subspace.tw/showgame/90093374
          However the site is not recordiing this game on your personal page, using the game above as an example (and Cres' profile) you will see that it is not listed on his profile - http://twd.subspace.tw/profile/85291/recent

This is an issue that we are now (thanks to you Cres) aware of and are working on fixing as soon as we figure out the issue.
          Last edited by Markmrw; 11-15-2016, 07:28 PM. Reason: Can !borrow during games
          MRW

Comment

Working...
          X